• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

TwoWheelTalk

Oh yeah, there is something purely sextastic about a hopped up European v-twin.

If KTM would release a sport tourer version of the RC8 similar to my Connie I'd be on it like a fat kid (ok, me) on cake.

Haha a vasectomy. On the 848? Wonder why. The one I ride had adjustable rear sets different clip ons and felt fantastic. Plus if I get a bike for the street it would have to be street dominant not motard type ride. There are a few vtx bikes I'd totally rock too. But that's a different story.

Haha a vasectomy. On the 848? Wonder why. The one I ride had adjustable rear sets different clip ons and felt fantastic. Plus if I get a bike for the street it would have to be street dominant not motard type ride. There are a few vtx bikes I'd totally rock too. But that's a different story.

Well now that ive been riding the WR around a few things come to mind

1- I have a bike already paid for and registered and can ride new styles and a new type of bike to me.

2- the 5 speed and the 250 just don't mix well for anything other than popping around town. My riding is limited to surface streets and sub 60mph areas as its rough on this thing to do much more than that.

3- im really longing for something else. Something I can take some rides on (couple hundred miles, down to the springs quickly if need be, etc)

So im tossing around the idea of keeping or getting rid of the WR ( I know after all the damn hassle). I have someone who wants it but I need to see what the deal is with them being serious and money flow from them.

Thoughts?

How much into the off-road are you?

All the way to the springs and back on even a 650 dual sport can be rough. That's why I went to 2 bikes. I've got the small Yamaha for trail riding and the big Kawi for on the road. By the time you get onto a big enough dual sport for the highway then you're not going to be able to run single track or keep up with the guys on smaller bikes off-road.

As you're into sport bikes why not pick up a cheap 650 Ninja or similar for road duty?

If you have the money and looking for a good compromise the F800GS is a good ride. Also the new V-Strom 650 was fashioned after the larger Super Tenere so it should be really good. The Super Tenere was rated as a perfect got between the Big BMW GS's on road bias and the KTM 990 Adventure's off road bias.

Last edited:

Keep in mind I started riding on dual sports and then went to the big bagger. Even my new Connie is still nicely upright, especially with the 2" handle bar risers I had them throw in.

I'm sure given a bit more time to situate myself I could have been more comfy, but laying on the tank just doesn't work well for me.

His is a little but older Evo, not sure if that was a difference or not either. But the angle of the seat pretty much shoved my balls into the tank. I didn't ride it though, just sat on it.

Oh no if I do a bike for road it would be something like the duc, cbr, or a vtx. The dirt style bikes are fun but not for the hwy or heavy road use. Two bikes may be the way to go as well. But a bigger dirtbike isn't a thought.

Then I wouldn't get rid of the WR unless you have no interest in dirt or have the money to go by the WR-R and a street bike.

Well if I ditch wr it would be for another one in the r model. Street type bike would be a seperate deal. Or the wr r would shortly follow the street after getting rid of current one. Lots of thinking. Think imma go do some demo rides and see what I think of some particular models so I really can narrow down what will work for me and what range imma be in monies wise.

Well ive made a decision.

I will end up with another dirtbike, but not for street use. Im just too comfortable riding too aggressively and like im back on a streetbike. So the WR needs to go for now, and wont be picking up another streetbike either. Gonna look into something like a VTW or shadow, etc to customize and make cool to ride

To me streetbike = sport
Cruiser = just that, cruiser.
Lol

While I've wheelied a road king before it's not as fun on a cruiser :roflmao:

To me a sport bike is a sport bike, a cruiser is a cruiser, and a standard is a standard, but they're all road bikes.

My wife has a 2008 Shadow Spirit. It's a great little bike and always starts right up.

Id prefer the VTX for CC purposes but a 750 shadow would do me just fine. We will see what transpires. Might just gear the WR down a few teeth to make it better for now.

Well if it makes you feel better about the WR my TTR has a 6 speed and it still will barely do 65mph toped out over 8000rpm or so.

Ya I've ran the wr at about 67. At least that's what the GPS thingy said. I just don't like winding it up like that. If I can get it down about 4-5 teeth in the rear I think it'll be alright. Just not for long trips or anything.

My new toy..

20140620_211359_zps03dysxoo.jpg

Oh snap, you just drank the orange kool-aid and now you're going to be addicted.

Back