• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

TwoWheelTalk

Hahaha. My thought that a bike for commuting up here was a good idea is changing. Weather is far too crazy and people drive like pure ass up here.
So I need something I can get hit in and use for the winter.

Because your truck won't work?

I ride my bike to work almost everyday, a little rain never hurt nobody.

Ya but I work nights. So riding in the dark on these county roads with these douche bags is super sketch. Specifically when it's wet and windy.
I want to quit putting so many miles on my truck. I've put 12k on in 6 months. Lol. And I don't wanna get hit in the Titan again

Finally finished my LS650 bobber build!! Turned out pretty good if I say so myself.
image1-9.jpeg
image1-7.jpeg
image1-10.jpeg
image1-8.jpeg

I am going to be on orders in Cheyenne and need to commute from Denver or Laramie. Have the okay to get a bike but have no clue how fast I can get a motorcycle endorsement so I can be legal.

Any first hand experience on how long the process is?

I got my endorsement recently. I chose to take the MSF class. It's a 2 day class but you're able to go to DMV right afterwards (you can even make an appointment) and get the paper work done.

Ya the msf course is great. Even for people who have ridden a while it's good to go back and do some basic riding

Yep, 2-day MSF course and go get your license. I think you need to get the learner's permit first but I might be thinking of my CDL.

Well, I sold the TTR. I'm just sticking to the street with 2 wheels and the Jeep for dirt.

Ya I'm selling wr. Don't have time or patience to sort out the motor issue. Someone else will make out on the parts and likely have a cake fix.

Learned an expensive lesson yesterday / today with my son's bike. Always double check the manufacturers oil mix spec. I ran my son's new-to-him KX65 with 50:1 (same as my KTM) and it was supposed to be 28:1. Seized the lower connecting rod bearing which I have to completely split the case to replace. Found a ding in the piston too, so I have to do a complete top end service while I'm at it. Lots of fun.

That sucks Solar. Sorry to hear it. I'm sure your boy is bummed.

Hey Mike/Dutch...wanna buy my bike? :chef:

Lowered the C14 tonight. I wasn't uncomfortable with the height, but parking was a bother. This should also help my kid get on/off the bike.

I used Muzzy's links out back

I then brought the forks up in the clamps about 1 1/8" as described in a few threads I found via google.

I also hacked up and welded my side stand to be shorter, it turned out ok and it works but I'll probably order one of those fancy aluminum ones I found and really like.

I then won a bid on ebay for this guy

The plan is to make something along the lines of Goose's helmet from Mad Max
jim-goose.png

I've watched Mad Max several times in the last month because its been on the TV late at night. Its one of those movies I can't not watch when its on. So naturally I now want to sell the Concours and get myself a KZ1100 to make an MFP replica out of, but I think I'll just settle with the helmet and be happy knowing that Goose would most likely be on a Concours these days.

Finished a 1000+ mile 24hr endurance ride this morning, I got about 2am. It was put on by CO Freewheelers and was a really good time.

I took the Concours on the CO Freeheeler's 1000-in-24 "White Water" run. It was a pretty awesome route with mostly tight mountain roads and lots of great scenery. Joining me was my buddy Jim riding his 2008 Electra-Glide. The ride started at Fay Myers in Greenwood Village between 2-4am. We opted to show up on the later side and get as much sleep as possible as we had a wedding to attend Friday night. So with an Army approved 4hrs of sleep we headed down to Fay Myers to start our trip.

Here is a map of the route
WhiteWaterRun_zpsf9fef404.png

Our bikes staged and ready
BC1EAB29-C190-4ABA-B469-C7AA1F3CC561_zps5u2cvvt5.jpg

Odometer shot on the way out at the gas station by my house
480C76F6-401E-4BE0-BB89-02D2C0B76EBB_zpsxucjfojq.jpg

Up near Grand Mesa
FD11308E-691E-4BCA-8A1C-6D00CCE250A3_zpsgqc2utts.jpg

Great view from CO-65 just before dropping down towards Delta
D0DA1590-7BFB-435F-938A-3C59FD289B2C_zpsyai3w3p3.jpg

Tried taking some shots along CO-141 with the phone in its holder on my handle bars
2AFEFDE4-83E3-477E-AF02-AB3B7973050F_zpsirwe9bjj.jpg

9380DB6D-FB57-48D2-B028-5C90B0F0B219_zpspcabu0ea.jpg

F8BF57D6-44F1-40CF-BBA1-C4379A9F2CF3_zpsfha02ykw.jpg

CO-141 was awesome and had some amazing views, the curves were fantastically fun as well.
E706AF3E-E0F3-44CD-817C-B391004420D0_zpskivewgju.jpg

3E1103AF-7330-46B9-B82A-1A2FC40B54FF_zpskiqezqbi.jpg

Here is my odometer after coming home
BA3AAC37-A074-4F25-8AC5-6F58500CAFE0_zpshamrnvbm.jpg

It was a pretty awesome time and we both plan to do it again next year. It took us longer than we planned on, but we also took our time at all fuel stops plus had a long lunch and longer dinner along the way. We could have easily shaved 2hrs off of our time by not stopping for food and just eating as we went. In the end though we decided it was better to enjoy ourselves and take the extra time. We still finished with time to spare, and its not like we were going to win a prize for having the fastest time. We were the last ones to leave but weren't the last ones to get back, so that's pretty cool.

Last edited:
Back