• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

TwoWheelTalk

I have "heard" that purchases (including gifts) below $300 get taxed at $300. YMMV

That's fine. I just thought it would look fishy if I showed up with nothing written in the blank.

It should be filled out, although I don't know if there is any requirement for the seller to write in the price. I have been handed a few titles and told to write in the price I like. Past that, I have nothing to say...

Just write in a low amount. If it's too low below value they might try and offer a salvage title(had that happen and powers and airport dmv office)

Man oh man. 150$ for a year worth of full coverage on the bike. How ever will I survive? Lmfao. Bout to hit the state patrol office then the dmv. And hopefully some of this crap burns off and i can get this thing on the road a bit today and see how she's gonna be.

I'm curious what mine will be.

FYI, price to title and register has nothing to do with the purchase price on the title. It has to do with the original tax value with depreciation in mind. It also has to do with vehicle weight and footprint. For that bike, if you put 300 or 3000 it will be the same low price :) As for jeeps (or even worse huge diesels), well that is another story... size, pollution, more roads to go on (and damage), etc., etc.

Funny my truck was a mere $30 more than this little bike to register. Paid over 150 to register the bike (wtf) and the truck was right under 200 if I remember right.

On a positive note, hit the streets for the first time in years. It's no hog, more like a piglet, but it pops around town great. Should be perfect for it's intended uses. I think another gear and about 4 down in the rear and this thing would be perfect. But next bike will be the resolution to any problems I discover riding this one.

Well I've been wanting something sportier and a bit more of a hooligan bike like my KTM 950 Adv was, but didn't want to loose the long distance capability of my Vaquero.

I think I found the right balance with this:

Its a 2013 Kawasaki Concours 14/ZG1400. Its their big sport tourer that's loaded with features and powered by the same engine as the 'Busa killing ZX14. Its detuned to a mere 145hp at the rear wheel.

Traded my Vaquero in on it. Got a pretty good deal too.

On it's maiden voyage

At my brother's house in Gretna, NE getting ready for its initial service.

Not bad for a first trip

It had 30 miles on it when I bought it yesterday.

All in all I am pretty happy with the bike. I was comfy the entire trip out here and my knees weren't getting sore until almost Lincoln so if don't think in going to lower the pegs.

The lack of cruise control wasn't an issue either surprisingly, except that it's really easy to speed on this thing.

Right on. Being on the road again really has me thinking about another street bike and there is a certain black duc that I've been drooling over.

Mmmm, Ducati.

I really wanted the Super Duke but couldn't afford it w/o losing the Vaquero and unlike the Connie the Duke a tourer would not make.

So much sex.
image_zpscab352a1.jpg

Nope, not the Ducati I'd get.

I'd go for either a HyperMotard or a Monster.

Nope. The hypermotards are fun but the weight is really weird. A lot like the triumphs.
The 848 is such a perfectly balanced balanced and smooth bike.

I sat on my motor sergeant's and felt like I was getting a vasectomy all over again.

A buddy of mine has one and it is dead sexy. I don't even smoke and I wanted a cigarette after hearing it fire up with the Termignoni pipes. He LOVES my cafe and wants to trade for a week when it's road worthy. I told him he could borrow it but I don't think I want to ride the Duc. Don't get me wrong. I want to be ON that thing.

Back