• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Trail repair?

So what areas were you thinking John ? Under the Ph. Booth ?

Do you think these mods will stay intact... gonna let O.Wells know ?

Just curious... I might have S/B that weekend...

Curt

So what areas were you thinking John ? Under the Ph. Booth ?

Do you think these mods will stay intact... gonna let O.Wells know ?

Just curious... I might have S/B that weekend...

Curt
I was thinking a couple places at the notches, street sign, and at the bottom of phone booth. If anybody knows of other places that have been thrashed post them up. I hope it will last at least until TDS but who knows. That's why I want to try to put some large rocks in some of those places and cover them with dirt. If there is some rain between now and then it might just pack it in so that it stays in place.

Anyone have a Ryno or a Mule, any one of the utility vehicles. We can also go Egyptian on it. (Make a skid we drag with jeep)

We can do that. And I'm sure my v8 can move mountains. :cool: hahahahahahahahahaha and I was also thinkin what curt said. Do we have to let blm know? Or someone.

I'm looking into whether we need to contact anybody. I don't plan to change any of the obstacles, just replace the dug out dirt at the bottom. I see this as being not much different than stacking rocks at other trails.

I'm thinking we could haul bigger rocks with a old jeep hood..Just thinking out loud..If we bolt eye bolts thru the hood with thick washers, it would hold just fine..

I'm looking into whether we need to contact anybody. I don't plan to change any of the obstacles, just replace the dug out dirt at the bottom. I see this as being not much different than stacking rocks at other trails.

Did We not help dig them holes? I would think we could fill a little back in. :doh:

:party:Sweet! That XJ of Your Boy's still running? :chef:

:party:Sweet! That XJ of Your Boy's still running? :chef:

Running, yes, drivable, no.
Tranny isn't shifting.....

I will talk to my neighbor's on Sunday and get a feel for what is up as far as trail repair and equipment availability.
To be sure, we don't want to be accused of stacking rocks, but we can repair things.

john i wish i could help, hope all is good!

just a curious post: why do the big tire guys get blamed for the holes etc, I run a lot of truckhaven, J.V. Ocitillo, and I always see the small tires, doing the spinning, stacking rocks and digging most holes ,I have 37s on 1 of my Jeeps and no where @ truckhaven do I have to spin a tire, Street-sign, phone-booth, notches, etc.. Maybe it should be re-phrased to repair the holes that non-talented 4 -wheelers create. just a thought

just a curious post: why do the big tire guys get blamed for the holes etc, I run a lot of truckhaven, J.V. Ocitillo, and I always see the small tires, doing the spinning, stacking rocks and digging most holes ,I have 37s on 1 of my Jeeps and no where @ truckhaven do I have to spin a tire, Street-sign, phone-booth, notches, etc.. Maybe it should be re-phrased to repair the holes that non-talented 4 -wheelers create. just a thought
That's a good point. The people I have seen digging out the base of the obstacles just happen to be guys with big tires. Obviously there are people who know how to drive with big and small tires. It has just been my observation that the guys with the big tires I have sen spinnig them at the bottom of the obstacles have done a large amount of "damage" to the obstacles. In all fairness I should have said that it was simply people who don't know how to drive or who don't know when to give up who did the majority of the damage. My apologies to any big tire folks who know how to drive whom I may have offended. :smootch:

Its all good John, just kinda funny...My pile wont even spin a tire..lol not enough power :doh:

Back