• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Seat repair

chrisser

NAXJA Forum User
Got in the Cherokee a few days ago and noticed the driver seatback was kinda bent.

Got it all apart and the base is cracked, bent and generally mangled.

So I'm going to get it all welded back together.

But there's this sorta oval-shaped cross section bar that went across the back between the two sides. It has a crease in it.

Was that crease from the factory, or do I need to straighten that out before I weld it back in?

Pics are at this album link if I can't get them to post: https://photos.app.goo.gl/iQRAdSjWAFYq8Fjb6

ADCreHe8JzqFxQ8rA3NXiYqDJWV0RxfZrR5Yd-F-81Algxdymw_6eP0BkCBoH7PmMeNyZW9987_nl7la5LhescQ47Uapd_ohmnmVQU0BQ0AVuXiqFwMjIvgoybYlzF22nQVsN47JGTIhegcTqczVw_Rifws=w1378-h775-s-no-gm

Just as an FYI, I felt around the passenger seat and it's bar had this same divot. I don't know what the purpose was.

Seat's all welded back together and reassembled. Going to take the opportunity to clean the carpet where the seat goes before putting it back together, but otherwise it's done.

i ended up welding a bunch of cracks besides the obvious ones where it separated. Now i'm wondering if the passenger seat is going to need the same treatment...

I have way to much experience taking seats apart.
More then I care to admit.
And the pictures to go with it.
But I do not have a shot from the exact angle to tell you yes or no for sure.
But checking them all out in a lot of them it does look like that dent is there.
I would post a picture here for you so you could decide but this is the only forum I belong to that won't let me just post a picture without some third party software crap.
And I refuse to get it so....
Sorry.
LOL.

Back