• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Tow Rigs

waxer said:
Illiana: How far does is lean that Ford back when you take the trailer off of the jack?

I see Explorers and Expeditions leaning back HARD like pre-runners whenever they are towing. It's pretty ugly.

Not if you have the load leveling suspension (air bags in the rear)....

0DSC00083.JPG

my current setup:

IMG_0021.JPG

waxer said:
Illiana: How far does is lean that Ford back when you take the trailer off of the jack?

I see Explorers and Expeditions leaning back HARD like pre-runners whenever they are towing. It's pretty ugly.
It wasn't too bad, but I have since added Firestone airbags to take care of that.

My Exploder did the same thing with the camper on the back, so I put airbags in it as well. They ride nice, but drop almost to the stops with a heavy load :rolleyes:

Pat said:
Jes what makes you say overkill?
More than likely the 435hp turbodiesel engine. It'll just loaf with less than 10k behind it.

I'm turning up my 99 CTD. Stock, with 235hp, it did okay towing, only about 45mph up I70 westbound out of Denver. It's getting turned up right now with Jammer Stage II injectors and a Smarty programmer. I'm really tempted to put it on a dyno once I get a heavy duty clutch in it.

Back