• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Toter home build

I have had thoughts of doing similar to this but never really did any research to see if it could be done. Now that I'm back into wheelin, camping and such and seeing this build knowing it can be done I'll be doing ALOT more lookimg into it. This is an awesome build and has completely inspired me to build one for our family. We had looked at toy haulers but they didn't really fit or accommodated what we wanted. I'll for sure watch this and if you ever get to Central, Pa/Rausch Creek let me know, I'd love to see it in person.

I have looked at toy haulers in the past and always thought they were really way over priced for how little camper you actually get out of one. I built the additional room under the rear bunk and have the bathroom stall completely framed, paneled and folding curtain door installed now, the other half of it will have a trunk style bench against the wall for storage and will be basically a dressing room area. I have the ice box done, stove and oven are fully functional along with the sink and running water completely working. The roof top ac is completely working also. I have to work on the furnace as it does not want to light but I have time to deal with that still. I need to finish paneling out the rear upper bunk and build the dinette seating. I don't have a whole lot left to do inside now.

make sure that your propane line is free and clear of air. i have to purge mine at the stove before i can get mine to light in my camper. apparently they are picky when they have air in the line.

mac 'my extent of propane furnace knowledge' gyvr

I think my problem is at the igniter, you are supposed to be able to see it glowing through a little window and mine does not glow, I have to go online and research the manual for it and then I can see what I need to fix it

Yup when i was having trouble I could still see the igniter trying to light the propane. it would try for a few times and then once it couldn't light, it would quit.

mac 'probably to keep the whole trailer from filling with propane' gyvr

Like I told the wife, we won't need it this summer so I have a while to figure it out, I just want to get it done so we can go camping. I have not been out since the 4th of July at the crawl, Just need a break badly.

okie dokie, new pics
This is the old door opening that used to go into the garage area, I am gonna trim out the edges still
Toterhome155_zps290eefa7.jpg

this is the accordian door that was in my old slide in that I am using for the John door
Toterhome159_zpsff620de6.jpg

Here is my portable flush toilet I picked up for the John, it sits the same height as a regular house toilet
Toterhome158_zps5adf1d62.jpg

The window I used in the John is frosted so there will be light but still be private
Toterhome157_zps53fdd5f6.jpg

The other half of the room will be for dressing
Toterhome154_zps021b9386.jpg

I also plan to build a trunk style bench for sitting while getting dressed also and for additional storage on the passenger side wall under the window
Toterhome161_zps43a4fe8a.jpg

I still have the totter home, life gets busy and priorities change. I will eventually get back to it. Just have things around the house that are more important at the moment

Dang, started it up today and moved it so I could mow where it has been sitting. Now all I have thought about is getting back to work on it. Now I have to get all the honey do stuff I have been putting off so I can get back to work on it

Dang, started it up today and moved it so I could mow where it has been sitting. Now all I have thought about is getting back to work on it. Now I have to get all the honey do stuff I have been putting off so I can get back to work on it

:thumbup:

Glad to see this is continuing.

Back