• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

TORXFest 2012: 2/17 - 2/19

My front end is giving me some issues, so I prob wont be hitting any trails, but i'm not gonna miss the trip out there, I'll be up Friday evening after work, will drink my ass off, and prob head back Sat AM when ya'll leave to wheel.
*tick*tock*tick*tock*tick*tock.........

Whats the trouble with the front end?

Man it might be cold out there. I could stay home all weekend and play call of duty for free. Maybe ill just send my wife in my stead

2 reasons you have to come, 1st your wife is sick and will make you look like a puss if she comes and you don't and 2nd you have to bring my parts! So you better show up!

:lecture:

I'm sick!!!! I'm just warning everyone to stay away from me, I'm still coming if I die of natural causes you all can part my Jeep on the trail, Hey I said natural causes!!!!

Big ass tarp is in the jeep. Jeep is on the trailer.

Did the passenger seat delete mod.

Just need to get the jeep off the triler when I get there, and install the driver mod!

If you don't bring wood, plan on being a wood Bitch.

Only seems fair of your ass is going to be worm.

ad78f288.jpg

mixing apple pie as I type. is any one bringing red solo cups???

all we have to do is load food/clothes in the camper,place xj on trailer,in the morning go to town cash check,fuel up and hit the road. oh ya fire wood is loaded

Whats the trouble with the front end?
Toe-in/U-joints/track bar?....Not 100% sure... all i know is the front tires are wearing BADLY on the outsides, and I get the steering wheel wobble in a low speed (1-2mph) sharp turn (like in parking lots, etc.) I've inspected briefly under there, but nothing seems out of whack, might just be worn tie rod ends, or the like. 206k all OEM...somethings gotta be worn. Gonna be swapping it all out here real soon anyways, (next couple weeks) for some HD stuff, just haven't set anything in stone yet. Plus I havent had the time to do a backyard/tape measure alignment... So to play it safe (just in case it IS the U-joints) I'm gonna hold off on the trails until I get it re-built.

mixing apple pie as I type. is any one bringing red solo cups???
I can grab some if needed. Anyone got any suggestions as to where (other than Winco/Fred Meyers) I could pick up some firewood? The pallet situation at work is looking pretty grim.
>
The Jeep is packed and ready to go, all I gotta do now is make it thru work tomorrow....

Sounds like a caster adjustment and an alignment problem. Your probably not going to do any damage wheeling it if it's that bad now, plus being on dirt you will have way less wear than driving in on the street.

So just a reminder, come prepared for the conditions. Looks like some rain/snow is in the forecast. Bring plenty of extra clothes, rain jackets, etc. You never know when you might fall in a pond sized puddle...

I have some shopping to do in the morning, packing in the afternoon, and then I should be rolling out maybe around 3ish.

Also, NW99XJ I'm sure between the people we'll have up there we can give you the diagnosis pretty quick. ;)

So just a reminder, come prepared for the conditions. Looks like some rain/snow is in the forecast. Bring plenty of extra clothes, rain jackets, etc. You never know when you might fall in a pond sized puddle...

I have some shopping to do in the morning, packing in the afternoon, and then I should be rolling out maybe around 3ish.

Also, NW99XJ I'm sure between the people we'll have up there we can give you the diagnosis pretty quick. ;)

Yea I was hoping I could talk with some other guys about this, get a little brain storming session before the drinking gets too outta hand (lol) ,,,,
I'm outta here (work) about 3.... All packed (and prepared for anything)

Back