• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

TnT Y-Link

This is a good topic, Anyone who has this kit the only complaint I hear that worries me is unloading on steep hill climbs. Anyone have experince with that? And how bad is it?

The only problem I have had on hills so far is if I don't get the t-case all the way into 4XL. :^) I only see it from the inside. Scott x2, Ray, Curt?

This is a good topic, Anyone who has this kit the only complaint I hear that worries me is unloading on steep hill climbs. Anyone have experince with that? And how bad is it?

Havent experienced that at all... Ive run up some decent climbs and havent had any reason to be scared of unloading.

Its an easy fix though, just add a limit straps, or one in the center of the axle and youll be fine.

are you guys not running limiting straps?

Nope im not running any. Might add them later on, but as of now i dont see a real need for them.

really? I just figured that it would add unneeded stress to the shock at full drop but i guess thinking about it how often are you really at full drop? not very often i would guess. since we are on the subject what kind of shocks are you guy running and what length?

Limit straps are a good idea, I have broken the bottom eye off of shocks before using them as a limit for the down travel. What happens then you kick the spring out.

I run 12" Rancho 9000XLs in the front and 14" Bilstein 5125s in the rear.

I have a set of 12" 7100s for the front but i just need to take them to Bilstein to get revalved and ill throw those in instead.

I really like the setup for driving, on and off road. Comfy on the highway and a cadilac in the dirt.

Theonly thing I dont like about it is inability to service trans and transfer case without dropping the belly pan. If the y-link were bolted somewhere else it wouldnt be so bad.

I have had an issue with unloading on a couple of occasions but your going to get that with alomost any lift that allows full droop of the front suspension. limit straps will help with that.

I hope this helps.

A

True, the belly pan is a little pain, but for the overall protection it gives you, ill sacrifice a little more time to drop the pan.

Unloading is a common issue with most radius arms. It is quite common to see folks 'manage' their limit strap while on the trail depending on the obstacle or they attach it to the front winch.

Overall the TNT is a nice set up and well made. A very impressive belly pan support as well.

I've got to say thank you for contributing to this post. It has ended up being more helpful and informative than I ever thought it would be.

No problem, and if your ever in the Riverside, area your more then welcome to come check mine out :cheers:

i want a long arm 3 link so bad it's driving me nuts, but i cant ever save the 3000 for all the stuff i need to make it happen, and all i want is a little 3.5 maybe 4.5" lift, i think 3.5" would be more practical for what i'd need it for cuz its a daily driver and i'd plan on doing a inch higher in the rear so i could carry stuff in the rear without so much rear sag.

Back