• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

tires, how big is to big for a d-30

formatt said:
That's an odd thing to say. How does "lots of breakage" still fall within the "max"?
well when i had the 48" goodyears on my rig the axles broke as soon as i left the driveway ( sarcastic voice ), actually what i meant was with the "light foot " they would be fine otherwise the 33s" would be best. there is still a chance for breakage with stockers anyways.

but thats just my opinion.

my boss ran 37" boggers on his d30 with alloys inner and outters and wasn't unnecessarly hard on it but still pushed it pretty good and didn't brake very much if any at all

Panthers65 said:
my boss ran 37" boggers on his d30 with alloys inner and outters and wasn't unnecessarly hard on it but still pushed it pretty good and didn't brake very much if any at all

GEORGIA!

Only the mud people can do that!

I run 33's (BFG MT's), stock 27-spline axles with 760x Spicer joints. I deformed an outer enough one time that the u-joint cap jumped out and ruined that outer (inner was fine). I welded the caps on after that and haven't had a problem since. I run Arizona rocks with finesse most of the time unless that doesn't get the job done. The D30 has Spicer 4.10 gears with a Detroit Soft Locker. Stock 4.0L with a few intake & exhaust mods.

I run 35'' tires on my MJ with a D30 and 35. I wheel in alaska and the Knik silt water isnt forgiving on any bearing. Broken 1 rear axle shaft, front ring and pinion(pinion bearing exploded) and 1 front axle shaft. Light on the right foot and you'll be fine. I started taking my right shoe off for less weight and havent broken a shaft yet.

im going to add to the mile long list of people saying 35's are best BUT im running 37" baja claws with no problems..... yet...

Ran 35's on 4.10 LP TJ axle w/Lockright, heavy beadlocks on stock shafts and 297 joints for 4 years without a single break. Ran all the trails everyone else does here in KY, TN, IN, etc.

Now have HP w/4.10's, Lockright in my MJ with 35" Krawlers.

Some people can't get out of the driveway on 33's without breaking a shaft others can wheel for ten years on 37's.

YOU HAVE TO FIGURE OUT WHICH GUY YOU ARE BEFORE BUYING TIRES! lol

Back