• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

time to PO the ricers

2wd or 4wd

• 2wd

Votes: 43 13.2%
  • 4wd

Votes: 282 86.8%

• Total voters
CSaddict said:
Nice fucking statement. Ignorant and tasteless....... Get a clue before you make broad statements like that.

Banging on those keys pretty hard, huh? Don't get too butt hurt buddy---woo sa, woo sa.......

And as for the part of your rant that actauly had some kind of arguement to it, you strive to make your car sound like your car wasn't to ricey, but than you called it a "crap can"--which is it? You bring up 10 sec n/a civics, well yeah they are out there, but they have different transplanted motors and are striped BARE. You can do the same thing with a "muscle car". You say well I have half the displacement? I say well I have twice the weight. You say half as much to build? I say yeah, when you compare a 87 civic to a '03 Cobra. You ricers are always comparing apples to oranges and making excuses why you just got beat, or you freak out and jump up and down when your turbo'd civic beats a 4.6L GT with an exhuast and a K&N drop in. How much do you think it would cost to make an 87 LX 5.0 go 12.6's in the 1/4 n/a with the stock motor? How much $ would it take to make a 2004 STI Civic run 12's? I won't venture to guess, and at what reliability? How much would it cost for an '04 Cobra? O yeah, it does it off the showroom floor on street tires. I already said all of that in an earlier post, but I guess you missed that.

High school kids that put wings on everything they can get there hands on, with NOS (and they pronounce it as a word, not the initials of the company Nitrous Oxide Systems) steering wheel covers and a coffee can muffler ruin it for the rest of the import crowd. I do respect imports when I know the people actually know how to at least change there oil and have quick cars. I am friends with a lot of them, and trust me, they make fun of "ricers" more than I do. They love pissing them off/talking smack, and then betting them "That guy with the jeep sitting over there will blow your doors off. And if he doesn't, than come see me." Takes car of about 90% of the kids that wanna play. They have SRT-4's that run low 12's btw. You sound like you have an idea of what your talking, and that's cool. When you start saying apples to apples ricers are better, you are just wrong; autocross, drag racing, or IMHO how NICE of a car you have, but that last on is just my opinion, don't get all worked up again. And as for the last one about FWD working well at autocross, it is true they are at LESS of a disadvantage on very small, tight cone coarses in a parking lot, but if those same light little cars were RWD, they would kick ass, just like the miata's do all the time. They don't do well at all on real race tracks, however like Mid Ohio or Watkins Glenn, etc. I don't mean to smash what you like. You're Civic would beat my jeep (not my old cobra, but that's neither here nor thier) by a lot. You get beat, you get beat, just keep it all in perspective. Like you said, as long as your happy..........

CSaddict said:
Nice f***** statement. Ignorant and tasteless. You're talking about Civics? You group them all together? My turbo Civic was a very nicely put together car. No wing, no stickers, no shit. Get a clue before you make broad statements like that. My little Civic would tear the ass out of most "American Muscle" cars. Ask my buddy and his Ford Lightning, I walked on the that thing easily. I don't condone street racing and never have. I am too old for that shit and these children are reckless. It still doesn't give the right to pigeon hole all the cars. Ever seen an N/A 1.8 liter Civic go 10's? I have. My little crap can Civic with minimal work and a custom made Turbo kit went 12.6. Not bad for a SOHC 1.6 liter. Think about that because the car was set up to autocross. Everyone runs their mouth until they realize they just got owned by a car that cost 1/2 as much to build and has 1/3 the displacement. Its really actually funny and I don't know why I get upset. I still have a place in my heart for my Civic. My neighbor now owns it and treats it really nice. He beas the living hell out of but as long as he enjoys it, thats what counts!

P.S. Have you ever been to an autocross event? Front wheel drive cars are very nicely suited for autocross.

siigghhh... but i guess your buddy put a cage in it too, to counteract all of the extra stress on the unibody caused by "beating the hell out of it" with a drivetrain that provides about 3 times (or more) the twisting force of stock, right? not to mention if he clips a curb doin' way over the speed limit and flips it. (i'm not saying that you or he is a bad driver) kinda brings the term "crap can" to a whole new level. you need to take a rwd car with wide tires and gas shocks, and floor it through a corner. i'm telling you man, that civic would be owned. then try the same thing on a dirt road, but not at the same time, that civic will spin all over the place. oh, and btw, virtually all autocross cars have cages. my younger sister got out of college, and was convinced the wanted her next car to be an acura(she has a honda) so i drove her to a movie one night, turned on to the interstate on-ramp, and floored it halfway through and up the hill. she told me to slow down, she was scared. now she wants an xj as soon as she gets her car paid off. now don't take this the wrong way, but please tell me how on earth that civic is set up to make fwd better for autocross.
and i don't condone 95% of street racing. i only do it out of town, like on a back road with nobody else around, during the day, and i don't crowd the other guy. i would never risk an innocent person with a vehicle. that's like carrying a loaded sawed off with a broken safety. just so someone doesn't take this the wrong way...

yay my turn....

ok autocross is more of comparing how nimble a car is....its just a small, low speed,tight corner type of track....i dont even considerate racing...

ok and about the 1/2 price thing to make a civic as fast as a V8(ignorant statement)...think about it put 5k into a civic and then into a old 5.0...then tell me whos faster...and honestly the whole price and displacement thing is ricey...of coarse its 1/3 of the displacement "ITS AN ECONOMY CAR...NOT A PERFORMANCE CAR"

Also i dont have a problem with imports....most of my friends drive and race them...i only have a problem with rice...rice is not a type of car its a state-of-mind...rice is what gets people killed...its the people who think thier economy car is well suited to weave in traffic at 140+ and cause an accident, and i will always talk shit about anyone who i think is rice...

on a lighter note just to show im not biased to american cars...i enjoy beating mustangs as much as civics in my jeep...:)

Cjmartz2k said:
High school kids that put wings on everything they can get there hands on, with NOS (and they pronounce it as a word, not the initials of the company Nitrous Oxide Systems)

Right on. Thank you, that drives me frickin nuts.

I don't understand the wing thing either. Most of those wings don't do anything but create more drag on the vehicle. Also the ones that do get functional wings put on are usually on the back of FWD cars, WHY!?!. Why would anyone want to make a car with a lot of understeer have more understeer. They would be much better off investing an a fuctional chin air foil for the front where the traction is needed, seeing that the braking, steering and power are all on the front wheels. The skirt kits these people buy are also useless to the car also, creates more drag and inhibits the air flow originally designed for the car. Theres way too few people that can produce a skirt kit that helps the car in stability without major side effects. I've seen very few cars that have functional add-ons and fewer still that can put the kit on without it draging on the ground. Nearly every ricer around where I live have a busted front bumper or side skirts. And the ones that do get away without breaking anything have chipped paint and deep scratches. Usless, money thrown away. I can't do anything to change that but its just, irretating.

John(XJ)Jeep said:
I don't understand the wing thing either. Most of those wings don't do anything but create more drag on the vehicle. Also the ones that do get functional wings put on are usually on the back of FWD cars, WHY!?!. Why would anyone want to make a car with a lot of understeer have more understeer. They would be much better off investing an a fuctional chin air foil for the front where the traction is needed, seeing that the braking, steering and power are all on the front wheels. The skirt kits these people buy are also useless to the car also, creates more drag and inhibits the air flow originally designed for the car. Theres way too few people that can produce a skirt kit that helps the car in stability without major side effects. I've seen very few cars that have functional add-ons and fewer still that can put the kit on without it draging on the ground. Nearly every ricer around where I live have a busted front bumper or side skirts. And the ones that do get away without breaking anything have chipped paint and deep scratches. Usless, money thrown away. I can't do anything to change that but its just, irretating.
well said. also, i've heard of people actually getting 1-3 less mpg after putting that stuff on.:gag:

The rear wing on FWD is designed to hold the back end down for better stability. Most of them will never see a corner at a speed high enough to see any benefit...There's fast Hondas and there's slow Stangs. But its a lot easier to make a fast V8 than to make a fast Civic. As far as turbos, turbo a V8 and see what kinda power it makes versus a turbo'd 4..

BlackSport96 said:
The rear wing on FWD is designed to hold the back end down for better stability. Most of them will never see a corner at a speed high enough to see any benefit...There's fast Hondas and there's slow Stangs. But its a lot easier to make a fast V8 than to make a fast Civic. As far as turbos, turbo a V8 and see what kinda power it makes versus a turbo'd 4..
ha. ha. ha. i'm gonna guess 3000 hp max vs 750 hp max. yup..

but oh why does the rear need more downforce than rwd? because they're faster says gary the ricer ... WRONG! the drivetrain is balenced on the front wheels. when going really fast, the tradaitional car shape will want to lift up up in the rear. like an aeroplane, yo. aand theeenn- the cute little crx will haul ass and brake for the corner set up his weight will already be the the front wheels. and he sloows down. his weight distribution is high on his nose. yeah. and his rear gets really light and gary ricer starts to drrift in to it. and he floors it @ the apex the open diff front outer tire gives a little more pulling force on the rear helps pull around. yeah. and his car does tricks. a doughnut into a tree and BOOM! poor ricerboy.he died. moral=ricers suck and need to learrn how to drive in a real sportscar. yeah. watch honda will make a 1popper moter cycle and make front wheel drive and all the stupid ricers will go yay and it will have a wing on the sissy bar and be the fastest thing ever. :bunny:
ricecars are like a fire crackers- theyre pretty and make noise and damn foolish kids like to put them where they aint supposed to go and can hurt people. yeah.:exclamati
ricers suuckkkkass. i gotta go piss so bye.:pig: these face things are sooo cool.

I can't really say too much about this anyway but I've only drivin 3 FWD cars, my sisters car (Ford Probe GT), friends car (Hyundia Excel) and one from work (Honda Civic Hatchback) and they all plowed like salt trucks. They just feel like a normal RWD car while driving but when I would take a harder than normal turn they all plowed. Didn't drive drive the sis's car that hard but the other 2 were drivin hard as I could. Funny though the civic took about 10 secs to get up to 120 kph just to pass a transport truck from 50 on the off ramp.

Funny, when I take a corner in my Cherokee in 4ft or on my Traxxas Electric Stampede, I have to set the vehicle up in the same manner I do to take the corner the same way I did when I had my Lebaron, Shadow and as I do with my Tamiya Rover Mini Cooper.

Cjmartz2k said:
Is this thread continuosly popping up as unread when there is nothing new for everybody else, or just me? :rattle:

Its because this is the most important thread on NAXJA, ever.

Found this on another site.............
This is PROOF that red stickers = H.P.

anim2.gif

Wow, a long thread with answers to questions that weren't asked. :)

I definitely vote for the 2wd, tubb that ba$tard out, how many of those will you ever see? I think your more interested in straight line performance anyhow.

Seems now you only lack the focus and desire to finally turbo the 4.0 and make it happen, good luck, hope to see it come together.

Back