• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

time to PO the ricers

2wd or 4wd

• 2wd

Votes: 43 13.2%
  • 4wd

Votes: 282 86.8%

• Total voters
I'm into import performance as well as my Jeep, not rice. Stock appearing suits the look of one of my high h.p. cars. Wheels, tires and suspension are the only thing touched on the outside. The large IC in front and 1800 rpm rough idle give the performance end of it away. Inside it's a full prepped car. Too much to list.

A prepped AWD car is pretty hard to beat on the street. You can cut 1.7 60 foot times all day long on street tires at the track with a near stock car. You guys are right about the 4G63's. The new EVO can put down 500 whp on a stock bottom end.

Pics of one of my money pits!

T66 Turbonetics - sheet metal intake - 75mm billet TB - 850 cc injectors - etc.

465047_13_full.jpg

Front off - Spearco IC

465047_14.jpg

Brad

BMP_Racing said:
I'm into import performance as well as my Jeep, not rice. Stock appearing suits the look of one of my high h.p. cars. Wheels, tires and suspension are the only thing touched on the outside. The large IC in front and 1800 rpm rough idle give the performance end of it away. Inside it's a full prepped car. Too much to list.

A prepped AWD car is pretty hard to beat on the street. You can cut 1.7 60 foot times all day long on street tires at the track with a near stock car. You guys are right about the 4G63's. The new EVO can put down 500 whp on a stock bottom end.

Pics of one of my money pits!

T66 Turbonetics - sheet metal intake - 75mm billet TB - 850 cc injectors - etc.

465047_13_full.jpg

Front off - Spearco IC

465047_14.jpg

Brad

Nice work Brad! Serious imports are cool. Rice isn't:) What's that thing run in the 1/4? I assume it's a 4G63 Talon/Eclipse.

FUNKYTEE5

gawly gee.....thats a pretty big radiator......

lol thats sick. There's an oldschool talon tsi around my area that was runningaround with an intercooler behind its factory bumper, but the bumper was cut up pretty good. lol it looked scary. You knew it meant business just looking at it especially with the 2 racing seats and completely gutted interior, but when he launches, I've actually seen it have wheel spin. Not something I'd ever expect to see from an awd car. Suposidly there's also a bone stock looking DSM pushing something like 600hp to the wheels around here too. A friend of mine also had a WRX with about 500hp...

Honestly I love all types of vehicles, lifted, lowered, street, strip, trail, watever, but when I hear people talking up their v8's etc..., I just think it would be too funny to see them get smoked by something like this DSM. Just to see their face would be priceless. Them thiinking its a kid with big wheels and a loud muffler and get absolutely toasted on a track. hahaha

Last edited:
I think its just as funny when a "ricer" pulls up next to an old muscle car and gets wasted. Saw a beautiful mid-60's Le Mans sittin at the light when a guy with a 5"tip stuck on a 2" exhaust rolled up next to him and revved his engine at him. The guy just looked over and went back to whatever he was doin waiting for the light. The light changed and the ricer took off only to see the Le Mans come pullin up real fast and go roaring by. My Cherokee followed soon after. The Le Mans wasted us both, and I in turn then blew by the little guy. The look on his face was great after seeing a 4000 muscle beat him like that followed by an SUV...There's people on both sides. Some don't think a 4 banger can be fast, others refuse to believe that a V8 will in general produce much more power than a 4.

Once I sell my 2002 Nissan SE-R Spec V:

Invador1.txt

I will pay off some bills and pick up a Dodge/Chrysler Shelby or a 90's VW.

My vote goes to 2WD. The AWD systems in the few true high performace cars that have them would be difficult to match in terms of performance.

Having just sold a an 02 WRX, they hold value very well. But they would be an expensive "second car." If you want a Subaru to build up for fun, try to find an older 2.5 RS. Several guys in my old car club had very tweaked RS rides.

I hope you don't race whatever you drive on public roads. I think the subject line of your message is misleading. Who wants to piss off a ricer? We all know that 99% of them are just underpowered economy cars with visual mods to attract members of the opposite sex. On the off chance you ran across a truly built one, and the owner did race you, I think you'd be the one pissed off.

Now building up a rig for the track sounds like fun. Good luck with that.

REDXJ4FUN said:
I flat out refuse to put a chevy motor in any of my jeeps. I plan on using an alum 44 from a ZJ or maybe a wj heck i might use the 30 out of a wj as well. I'll proble end up with a aw4 witch is fine since i can make an auto stick out of it. all that with a 3.6 turbo should be at about 400hp in street trim.

hahaha, toss a hemi in, if your gonna modify that much to put in a IFS then do it up right.

hey, i'm a big jeep fan, on my 4th one and just recently got my drivers permit back after losing my license for 3 years for racing my '91 xj over 100mph. I dunno what you guys are considering ricers here, i hope just those kids in imports with huge wings and body kits and buzzy exhausts. If your referring to all 4cyl imports as ricers than you got another thing coming and i will never be seen posting on this site again because i willnot deal with that kind of ignorance. go out and buy an '88 honda crx hf weighing in at about 1800 pounds or any older crx or civic hatch back. put a b series motor (decent selection of them too) in it and then you'll be shutting your mouth. You can take a bone stock Integra gs-r motor, plant it in an old hatch, get some slicks and a good driver and you'll be running mid 13's all day and thats a very very baseline type of setup. there are 1.8 liter honda's running 6's in the 1/4 now people, wake up.

eric

Official Definition of Rice-Unnecessary modifications done to a car, usually sub-compact Japanese cars, that is supposed to make a car look fast, but does nothing or the opposite

eric91xj said:
hey, i'm a big jeep fan, on my 4th one and just recently got my drivers permit back after losing my license for 3 years for racing my '91 xj over 100mph. I dunno what you guys are considering ricers here, i hope just those kids in imports with huge wings and body kits and buzzy exhausts. If your referring to all 4cyl imports as ricers than you got another thing coming and i will never be seen posting on this site again because i willnot deal with that kind of ignorance. go out and buy an '88 honda crx hf weighing in at about 1800 pounds or any older crx or civic hatch back. put a b series motor (decent selection of them too) in it and then you'll be shutting your mouth. You can take a bone stock Integra gs-r motor, plant it in an old hatch, get some slicks and a good driver and you'll be running mid 13's all day and thats a very very baseline type of setup. there are 1.8 liter honda's running 6's in the 1/4 now people, wake up.

eric
boy aren't you a little touchy. i'm an all out hot rodder/gear head. i've owned 2 rx-7s and i am looking for another one. there are well prepared imports out there and i respect them. but this isa XJ site so growup alittle and heaven forbide you ever visit the POR fourms

I love the ricer comments. I just sold my custom build turbo Civic on Saturday to buy my Jeep. I had to sell it because of a baby on the way. Some of us "ricers" take a lot of pride in our cars. Mine wasn't flashy or have a big wing or anything like that, but I built the turbo kit myself, manifold and all. Not all imports are rice boxes. On the street it was really fun to drive. Between the turbo and the extensive suspension work. 230whp in a 2200lbs car= fun no matter if its a Honda or a Jeep!

P.S. I pick up the 1995 XJ I just bought tomorrow. Ordering lift and tires this week! I can't wait to get back into wheelin!

REDXJ4FUN said:
Ok I'me getting ready for a new daily driver and since i'll have 15 miles of 2 lane back roads everyday I' wanting a sporty car again since all I ahve owned since 96 have been jeeps and full size trucks. I realy want a WRX wagon but I don't want to spend the moeny just to watch it deprciate. As I had talked about before I want a MJ street truck and it will be turbo charged.the big debate I have is 2wd or go for a wheel drive and swap out to a single speed TC.also since I plan on eventualy converting to a IFS what do ya think of either a libby centersection or an AMC eagle bother are dana 30. but the eagle unit is iron and i belive the libby is alum witch I like. what your thoughts any nd all excepted(EXCEPT FOR "DON'T LOVER IT JACK IT UP" I already have a XJ on 35s soon to be 36s and an MJ buggie I'm working on thay will be on atleast 38s.

why reinvent the wheel?

Buy a Syclone or Typhone, and be done with it.

:banghead:
burntkat said:
why reinvent the wheel?

Buy a Syclone or Typhone, and be done with it.
Why do any of use modify our jeeps weather its building them to go over crazy rocks or go fast we build them because we love our Jeeps.

What I'm trying to tell you, though, is the truck you're trying to build, has already been built.

IFS, turbo, all of that. Research the Typhoon/Syclone trucks.

Let's put it another way. In stock trim, these trucks outperformed the Corvette of the same year. Stock. A few mods and you're really going to light those ricers up. All while driving a "stock Blazer" for all outward appearances.

Hey, it's your money and your life. I'm just trying to save you a bunch of time, money, and headache. ;)

I am wel aware of those 2 trucks. I've been building cars and trucks for over 15 years. IF everyone looked at it the way you do some of the coolest cars would have never been built. Look at the number of classsic and odd ball cars that have been built that beat many of the best factory built cars. if I wanted GMC i would have bought one. I like the style of the MJ. Plain and simple I like to be diffrent and I have more than enough skill and talant to build what ever I want to the only thing I pay some one to do is machine work and paint. I can do both but its I'd rather let some one I know is damn good at it do it. I guess the old saying "its a jeep thing you wouldn't understand" applys.

not to mention the Syclone/Typhoon don't appear to be stock. If anything they'd look like lowered Blazers...:D

Back