• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Those with Rusty's 3in leaf packs

Fred85

NAXJA Forum User
I know they typically net around 5in of lift new, but those of you that have run them for a while............what do they normally settle to? i searched.......

I think mine is at 3 1/2 after a few years. It is still higher than the front, sort of like my pickup sits. But, I also ordered mine with an overload leaf.

I've had mine on for about a year(180lb. spring rate) and I haul about 200 lbs. of weight in the rear and it still sits at about 3/12" of lift when empty. Over all I am extremely happy with the ride and handling.

iv had mine in a year... settled about an inch and they were out of an XJ at a junkyard so i have no idea how long they were on that jeep for. it couldnt of been very long they still had the codes on them from rustys

Mine, brand new gave me 5" of lift. The next day it was about 4" of lift. 6 months later I'm down to 3.5" and it's steady. Hopefully they wont' sag because they're perfect right now.

its been not quite a yr on mine, and thewy have only sagged about 1/2" netting around 3.5"

ive had them flexed to the max, both sides, as well as lots of weight (shingles) in the back a couple times... still enough room to clear the 33's with trimming :)

Mine only sagged about an inch. If you get these call up rusty and tell him you want to get 4.5" coil springs instead of the 3" with you're kit. The 3" coil springs sit low at about 2" right off the bat. After they sag they sit actually less than 2". I had a hard time clearing my 30s without spacers.

Well, the consensus is mostly the same. I was taking my 35 out today with the 44 ready to be hung when I broke a center-pin trying to get the shim out. So, I took the leaves apart to sand/lube the end pads and the elliptic arches are still progressive in respect to the position of each leaf. I'd say they were built well. I think I will add, however, some thin pads in between each leaf in the center to help with friction.

I have Skyjacker coils in the front that have been there for about nine years, so I can't speak for his coils.

^i haven't heard of the 3" coils sagging, i've always read that they sit at exactly 3" and don't normally sag

hmmm, i'll be pissed if i get those coils and they sag to 2"

Back