• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Those of you running 4.5" w/32s...

Yep, found that out driving a truck. The norrower the tire, the better in snow. I drive it now mostly in bad winter weather and would like to do better on the trail than I am. I am leaning to the swamper 32x9.5s. How bad do non-radial tires ride on the street? What makes them better on the trail?

My primary drag is in the front on the rear side of the fenderwell.

Going a more narrow tire, might help, but if you don't want trimming? Go 31's or directly to the 4.5 Lift. I went with the 32's because they were a great used deal.

Unloaded it is a good height, front vs. rear. Loaded with all of my stuff, I will eventually have to add a rear shackle or get a used set of 4.5 Leaf springs. My wife likes to go out 4wheelin as long as the Jeep will drive to work the next morning. She does not like the excess height. She was ok with the 3.5, but got irritated when I went from 30's to 32's. Didn't like the extra height. The 4.5 kit would have meant my early death.

Jason

ajpulley said:
Yep, found that out driving a truck. The norrower the tire, the better in snow. I drive it now mostly in bad winter weather and would like to do better on the trail than I am. I am leaning to the swamper 32x9.5s. How bad do non-radial tires ride on the street? What makes them better on the trail?
You really need a second set of tires for winter, off road the wider the better, but not in the snow.

I have around 4.75" of lift and my 31's measure 32" at 35 psi. Mine rubbed the fenders front and rear, but some minor trimming cured that. That was also before i leveled it. I havn't bumpstopped yet so my current flexing isn't the most it can do. I want to keep it minimal untill i can do it right. There are no rocks around here to flex on anyway. Just mud.

langer1 said:
You really need a second set of tires for winter, off road the wider the better, but not in the snow.

So what would you recomend for winter tires in either 33" or 35"? BFG A/T's?

Redline

$75.00 each.
154_stampederadialAT.jpg

Back