• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Thinking about tires

I took the Ravines up to have the BFG's mounted and I think the LT235/75R15 tires are just too narrow for the 8" wide wheel. I don't want the beads pulled way out. It looks like I'll be using 15x7's.

I finally got my XJ to Rutherford Farmers Co-op in Murfreesboro, TN on Friday to get my alignment done. Jessie has been there a long time and did a great job getting my Jeep in spec. It drives really nice and it feels good knowing that it is now aligned and won't be eating up my new tires.

I took the 1998 Grand Cherokee to Rutherford Farmers Co-op yesterday and had the second set of tires mounted (P235/75R15 Toyo Open Country AT II's), repaired a broken wheel stud, and aligned it. It drives really nice now. My wife even sent me a text after arriving at school this morning says it rides so good now.

I've got to say, I'm very impressed with the BFG's, Toyos and the workmanship at Rutherford Farmers Co-op in getting my vehicles driving nice.

Now for some new shocks. I want Bilsteins for both but $550 in shocks seems like a lot after buying two sets of tires and alignments. I was thinking about trying some KYB Gas-A-Just as they are a lot cheaper and some have had good results with them. Everyone that has bought Bilsteins says they are awesome.

I'm thinking 4600's for my Cherokee and 5100's for the Grand since it has a budget boost on it.

Back