• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Things to do before the Crawl.....

Get Jeep to run correctly... Thinking the CPS doesn't like heat once it reaches operating temp. Once it goes in to drive it automatically shuts off. Idles fine in park/ neutral. I'll change it when I get home Saturday. At the beach for the next 5 days. Need some time to not hate it so bad.

Truck: replace brake vacuum pump/ check valve/ belt. Not getting power brakes every once in a while. That's scary. Gotta figure out which one is broken.

f129e08af5d3608d1795f6b4b5fb3e8f.jpg

^You southern boys don't understand this...excursion hitch be wasted...new one coming...

8339db8184b8f495dfc766f83622da73.jpg

Ex driveshaft going to be made new at the driveshaft place this week.

mac 'working it' gyvr

Rented a bearing puller and slide hammer from O-Reilly's. Pulled both bearings and installed new Timken bearings and National seals. I installed the new Power Trax locker and got it almost done. Almost went in so easy I'm thinking I goofed up.

I still need to do the test they recommend to be sure it is installed properly. After that, reinstall the cover, gear oil, rotors and calipers and I should be good to go.

after my DT trip...

Fix/replace windshield: Removed
Rear Bar tubes: Done!
Repair Fuel Pump Ground: Done!
Taillights/fix headlight switch: Done!
fix rock lights on front: Done!
fire extinguishers: Done!
tool storage tie downs: Done!
Mount spare driveshaft's: Done!
New tie rod: Done!
35 spline stubs and flanges: $$$ Says on hold....
tune up, fuel filter: Done!
air filter: Done!
plugs:
address noise under hood, suspect e fan It went away..... Done!
maybe move power steering cooler to the rear cage:
steering column:
Fix breaking leaf spring mounts Done!
Relocate Battery to rear: Done!
On board air: Ordered

Today:

Load MJ on trailer and tie down.

start setting out clothes etc

Tomorrow:

finish packing and put stuff in jeep

load little RZR 170 into dodge bed

Friday:

Work till noon (hopefully no later)

take Calvin to RC shop for tranny gears in his SCX10

Fuel up dodge

hook dodge to trailer

Watch TV and fall asleep

Saturday:

Roll out at ~ 5 AM (maybe earlier)

ETA in Harlan 5 PM ish Saturday evening :D :D :D

It's a doozy. I'm hoping we'll set a record this year though...so far we're at a best of 13.5 hours one way.

It's a doozy. I'm hoping we'll set a record this year though...so far we're at a best of 13.5 hours one way.

And I thought 8 hours was bad.... Glad I left that damn State! No Offense! :cheers:

No offense taken at all. I've lived here for 34 of my 38 years...I hate it. Especially since I'm from St Louis originally...LOTS more wheeling MUCH closer to there but my parents snatched me away from it before I knew what a jeep was!!

That's why the Crawl being in Tellico was nice...we could make that in 8 hours or so.

I'm hoping 'new' Tellico turns out to be a viable 2nd trip a year option.

Florida sucks big ones.

I do love going to Harlan though...it's worth the drive.

Rented a bearing puller and slide hammer from O-Reilly's. Pulled both bearings and installed new Timken bearings and National seals. I installed the new Power Trax locker and got it almost done. Almost went in so easy I'm thinking I goofed up.

I still need to do the test they recommend to be sure it is installed properly. After that, reinstall the cover, gear oil, rotors and calipers and I should be good to go.

The test didn't go so well so in an effort to figure out why the passenger side wouldn't unlock, I ended up taking the locker back out. I reassembled everything and had the same issue. After taking a small screwdriver and prying the side gear teeth apart a bit I got it to unlock. I then was able to get both sides to unlock without using the screwdriver.

I guess I'm good to go?

Hell yea. Wait till it breaks all the way then you will know what you have to replace.

The test didn't go so well so in an effort to figure out why the passenger side wouldn't unlock, I ended up taking the locker back out. I reassembled everything and had the same issue. After taking a small screwdriver and prying the side gear teeth apart a bit I got it to unlock. I then was able to get both sides to unlock without using the screwdriver.

I guess I'm good to go?

Does the instructions say to function check it dry? I always do it after I put oil in the diff. Might make a difference in the trouble you're having with its operation.

I may beat you, not that I am happy about it. Coming from Wisconsin...

mine still isnt driveable. can't figure out the effing steering. keep getting air in the system somehow. less than a week left lol. was hoping to test and tune the rear end before hand but not looking like it will be possible.

Does the instructions say to function check it dry? I always do it after I put oil in the diff. Might make a difference in the trouble you're having with its operation.

It said to use axle grease to hold things in place during assembly. Then it said to test it and afterwards add gear oil.

I did use Lucas red & tacky grease. Maybe it's too sticky?

I really think it's fine and it will work right once the gear oil is in.

2810946f07e658695f4090fc37682436.jpg

Getting things off the list...noticed the rear diff leaking today on the LJ, so I got that done and the oil changed in the ex...

c26fdf48f60ea89ac3d78e88dc6246b3.jpg

This came today...new bolts will be here Friday.

mac 'slowly but surely' gyvr

Love the Trike! :cheers: I think both my boys had something like it......

These toys are starting to out number me in the garage...

mac 'always tripping over one' gyvr

Back