• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

The worst possible sound.......

The feeling is amazing, to park in the back of a parking lot and make it to the store without feeling like dying. I still remember how good it felt the first time I could lay on my stomach, it was better than sex:D

The ear thing is close, but I've got 2 others that bother me more.

The sound a 25 foot pointer makes as it bites an 8 foot long 300 plus pound tuna in half.

The sound of a freight train in extreme weather at night while lying in your bunk at sea in a small boat.

--ron

Ramsey said:
The feeling is amazing, to park in the back of a parking lot and make it to the store without feeling like dying. I still remember how good it felt the first time I could lay on my stomach, it was better than sex:D

agreed! that first time i flipped over I was in heaven, sh!t i layed on my back for so damn long..and my mother rubbed it in when i tried to turn over that i resembled a turtle stuck on its back..real cute(n)....

as for physical activities have u tried anything besides the physical therapy yet?..I've tried to run but its really uncomfortable and then tried to bike but no can do..leg locks up

did PT for 9 months after the accident, and 3 years later after the replacement had another 3 months or so. before the replacement i could only manage to walk, no running biking or any of that jazz i just didnt have the range of motion or strength in it. now that i had the replacement it feels like nothing is wrong, though the other side is worn out from favoring it for so long, anyways, yeah i'm not suppose to run or do any high impact things on it, but walking biking and such is fine on it. this one will hopefully last me 10 years but could be as little as 4. then i'm good for maybe one or two more replacements before there is not enough bone. the ten year expectancy is on old hip data so hopefully the one i have is a little better.

Captain Ron said:
The ear thing is close, but I've got 2 others that bother me more.

.......The sound of a freight train in extreme weather at night while lying in your bunk at sea in a small boat.

--ron

Oh crap......that would scare the hell out of you, and get you on deck in the blink of an eye!

The new replacments are amazing, my mother in law had both hips done last year after she had problems in the south american rain forest, getting in and out of the canoes and the walking, with my son on their 2 week trip. She's now back to her normal 18 holes 2x a week and tennis 2x a week. She's 75...

old_man said:
I have a new worst sound you never want to hear. Try welding upside down under your rig. Picture a piece of hot slag falling, hitting your ear, bouncing once, then starting to spiral down your ear canal, all the time you hear this sickening sizzling sound as it goes around and around.

Damn, I didn't know this old body could move so fast.

So whats your worst sound?
Wow, I have harry ears so mine included sizzleing hair!

nothing as drastic as you guys, but hearing a popping sound in your arm, thinking its all fine, then looking down as you try to lift it and seeing nothing happen... then as you remove your sweatshirt you see a bone sticking out of the back and bottom of your elbow, and your bicep already purple... 13 screws 2 long bolts... some washers.. and three titanium plates, and some bicep surgery later... good as new.

how did you guys like physical therapy. i thought the people were really nice, and dispite the sometimes pain, it was really relaxing..

also, are any of you guys going to get your hardware out. my physical therapist said that i would get some ROM back but id have to do the therapy all over again. it feels like normal now, and i dont know how fast an ulna can heal with a 6 inch bolt being taken out...

rocklandxjer said:
nothing as drastic as you guys, but hearing a popping sound in your arm, thinking its all fine, then looking down as you try to lift it and seeing nothing happen... then as you remove your sweatshirt you see a bone sticking out of the back and bottom of your elbow, and your bicep already purple... 13 screws 2 long bolts... some washers.. and three titanium plates, and some bicep surgery later... good as new.

how did you guys like physical therapy. i thought the people were really nice, and dispite the sometimes pain, it was really relaxing..

also, are any of you guys going to get your hardware out. my physical therapist said that i would get some ROM back but id have to do the therapy all over again. it feels like normal now, and i dont know how fast an ulna can heal with a 6 inch bolt being taken out...

physical therapy was great for me too except for one part... Don't know if any of you had to get that electro therapy BS but, IT HURTS!! I had so much nerve damage that they had to put the little dial to 10, most people get it at 4...its like a random shock that goes through your leg/arm whatever and makes your muscles contract to try and loosen them...u dont kno when its coming next and when you have one on both leg going off at random u start to flinch everytime you think its coming but then the other one goes off...sucks because I couldnt get up and run away...
but other then that PT was good it got my ass outta the house and they let me wheel around a little bit when i was there...

The worst sound for me. I was 11 and skiing. I remember looking up at the ski patrolman when he asked "can you feel that?" He was pinching my hands and legs so hard they bruised. His next words were into his radio "bring the back board and get a helicopter here". I had broken my neck. I was with the boyscouts and my parents were 2 hours away and the couldn't find them. They finally got hold of my uncle and he came up. After a couple hours the trauma went away. I get terrible headaches but other than that no major side effects.

Yes I still ski.

Matt

jeepinxj01 said:
I burnt my tongue on some hot chocolate yesterday. It sucked.

Have you ever burnt the roof of your mouth on a slice of pizza fresh from the oven? The pain sucks, but it tastes too good to spit it out!

Lawn Cher' said:
Have you ever burnt the roof of your mouth on a slice of pizza fresh from the oven? The pain sucks, but it tastes too good to spit it out!

I don't know about the roof of my mouth, but I've damn near blistered my tongue on molten cheese from a pizza. You're right though, you can't spit it out. One has to hope they have a drink handy when that situation arrises.

well ive done 3 of the above
hot weld spark down ear -burnt hole in ear drum
burnt me old fella from overhead welding molten metal found its way there
5 root canals got infected coz receptionist didnt tell when to come back to have temp fillings removed
the worst nois ive heard was top radiator hose bursting coz head cracked on my deisel xj while on boost trashed engine cost 13.5 k australian to fix

The lovely sound of an angle grinder as it kicks and catches your clothes and starts sucking into you...

or one of the worst...

"Honey, would you do me a favor?" or "Are you busy?"

My worst sound have been recently redefined.
Under the truck turning a 1/2" drive ratchet on one hand and holding the part with the other.
Every mechanic knows you should always pull toward you to keep your knuckles safe, right?
However...
I doubt I'll ever forget the sickening sound of teeth breaking.

kid4lyf said:
My worst sound have been recently redefined.
Under the truck turning a 1/2" drive ratchet on one hand and holding the part with the other.
Every mechanic knows you should always pull toward you to keep your knuckles safe, right?
However...
I doubt I'll ever forget the sickening sound of teeth breaking.

Pics?

Back