• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

The worst possible sound.......

I think the worst sound is the sound of silence, between the first impact and the last impact. Always seems to be like that in a serious wreck.
I was last into a chopper, we all had our rucksacks on, it was kind of a rush thing. Guy in front of me turns around and knocks me out the door from about thirty feet, complete silence, then whoomp. I kind of layed there and groaned for a long time. Scrambled my insides some, but didn't break a thing. I think I didn't break anything, because I was just too tired and surprised to tense up much before I hit. Though my back has never been the same since.
Though there really is nothig like the smell of burning flesh and the crackle pop sound (especially when it's yours) to make your breakfast do a flip flop.
I had on my brand new polyester work pants, was using an angle grinder, the guy next to me eyes got really wide and surprised looking and then I smelled the fire,my crotch was in flames. And yes I did scream like a twelve year old girl and do a decent immitation of a break dance.

Lawn Cher' said:
How's your diet going, Stay-Puft?
Down 10# :thumbup:

Anyone here a firefighter or emt? I got a pretty recent one for you. Our new(er) Scott SCBA's were outfitted with RIT (Rapid Intervention Team) Belts. RIT is basically search and rescue for firefighters. Working apartment fire, room was getting ready to flashover, three guys (including me) lept from a third story window in the front of the complex with over 100 bystanders watching we obviously fell. Our RIT belts are outfitted to withstand 800 degress of heat. The bed frame we wrapped the rope around burnt and we just did a free fall. The sweet sound of people gasping and then the awful sound of hearing my ankles snap and femur cracking. That's all I can recall. Pain was so intense I passed out... Two years ago this past month!

[Altered Beast] RISE FROM YOUR GRAVE....[/Altered Beast]

geez way to resurrect the dead, how the hell did you find this thread?

GrimmJeeper said:
[Altered Beast] RISE FROM YOUR GRAVE....[Altered Beast]

geez way to resurrect the dead, how the hell did you find this thread?
Bah, like you care.

GrimmJeeper said:
Oh goodie, a new thread to post in!!

LilRhodyXJ said:
my worst sound was the sound of that friggin chevy hitting my XJ head on...between my horn, and glass shattering it was heart stopping...and then i couldnt hear sh!t...i guess ur head doesnt do much for u when it goes through a window...

sat in the hospitol for two weeks didnt walk for 7months..

kid on the side walk said the sound of me screaming will sit with him forever..
That reminds me of when I lived in the SF peninsula and used to go on the back highways up the Santa Cruz Mountains. Lots of motorcycles on those roads, usually they are zipping around. One time there was a newbie biker trying out his crotch rocket, passing people on short turns while wobbling to keep it under control. I go around a couple of bends and he's laying out in the street, in front of the oncoming car that he just hit

"I CANT FEEL MY LEGS"

"I CANT FEEL MY LEGS"

That will stay with me forever

MogifiedXJ said:
That's happened to me so many times it's not even funny...I don't think I've ever whinned about it on a public forum though...:rattle:

icon10.gif
I sure am glad this fag doesnt hang around anymore.

Too me the worst sound is the telephone ringing after midnite, there are no good phone calls after midnite. The last one I got I ran round and checked to make sure BOTH my kids were asleep in their beds before I hit the button on the handset.

RichP said:
Too me the worst sound is the telephone ringing after midnite, there are no good phone calls after midnite. The last one I got I ran round and checked to make sure BOTH my kids were asleep in their beds before I hit the button on the handset.

Last call I got like that was my sister, her boyfriend had been hit by an 18 wheeler...

Not in a vehicle...

Only got a broken arm outta the deal :dunno:

GrimmJeeper said:
what the hell are you talking about, im ashamed all the time! you've read my posts havent you?
:D

Me too that's why I wear clothes.

Worst sound I ever heard was the Doctor telling me My Mom was dead.

The sound of an axe bouncing off a piece of rebar buried in a thirty year old tree.

Followed closely by the sound of my left shoulder being abruptly ripped out of socket.

Next is the sound of it being put back in the socket by the ER doctor at the local hospital.

The third, five years after the injury (got an eval. due to numbness of the arm and hand, as well as severe pain and loss of motion), being told by your doctor that your days as a profesional landscaper and (part time) auto mechanic are over, unless you quit, then get surgery to correct the problem.

Fourth, being told by an orthopedic surgion that the MRI's reveal some pretty major nerve damage and that you will NOT be returning to your profession(s) due to the extent your injuries......

Now, if you ever hear me whining about my shoulder giving me crap, that's why....(shortly after the eval with the surgeon, my employer at the time, NAPA, laid me off, so now I have no insurance, so no surgery yet....)

Last edited:
bjoehandley said:
Wow, how the hell did he pull that one off?

He was in the back of a minivan, lots of non-moving traffic trying to leave the race at louden, NH. Got out of the back side door of the van, with his back to the traffic in the next lane. Which had started moving, he kind of fell back into the moving truck, bounced back and forth between the vehicles a few times, and thrown to the pavement. Lucky he didn't go under, just broke his arm in a few places.

But thats a hard story to get from someone hysterical in the middle of the night.

The "pting!" a table saw blade makes when it hits bone.

Back