• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

The "what can we do better thread"

We asked for opinions to get realistic opinions. Not opinions from people who weren't even at the raffle to tell us how the raffle was run. Tell me what other even thou have been to that gave away $5+k in stuff. I just got done typing up the list if winners. We gave away stuff to 66 ticket numbers and a good amount of those were more than one item.

Anybody that has pity complaints is more than welcome to help out next year.

Guess I'll weigh in here too.

First of all I think the whole event went great!

Dan I kinda have to agree with Adam on the deadline thing. If someone says the dead line is April 15 to pay my income tax I would think it would be a given that I have till 2359 on April 15 to pay.

The raffle: I think the tumbler is a great idea, and I to see the (to me) advantage of increasing the ticket prices. However it's the BOD (AKA 'volunteers") who run this thing, and I feel they can run it (within the NAXJA guidelines) however the hell they want!

Time Zone: If someone tells me be at the New York city airport for my flight at 11:00 AM I'm sure as hell going to be there at 11:00 AM New York time and not freaking 11:00 AM Calli time. Don't be a dumb ass...

CB's While I really don't care if the BOD decides to change over to FRS radios. My opinon on the CB is... If it's a event requirement to have a CB then you need to have a "properly" working CB. Test it before you come, and if it doesn't work go get a new one. I feel the CB is a safety appliance. You wouldn't let someone run with out proper tow points, or a fire extinguisher would you? The $30 CB form Wally World works just as good as the $300 from the CB shop as long as both are in proper working order. The mike and antenna have a bigger effect on CB performance...

My only real complaint: The campground shower house. They need a serious overhaul of the hot water system, and need to get some sort of heat in there... Really though neither of those are "Event" related....

Last edited:
Keith, who do you think you are? You have never been to one of our events, and you didn't even stay for the entire event this year, much less the raffle that you think you can improve on. You are not a celebrity because you won that Jeep, it's usually a good idea to stand back and watch things before you step in and tell us that we aren't doing it the right way.

No, I'm not a celebrity, and I am new in NAXJA. I'm not a celebrity, the freakin' Cherokee is. I just come along with it. I was walking around trying to meet as many people as possible.

I am the one who graciously offered the 1987 Jeep Cherokee he has, as a donation to the Midwest Chapter.

I did volunteer to help... back in Dec, to you at the potluck as a cook, and gave a few people a helping hand with whatever I could.

I am the one who paid for this guy, to follow the trail I was on to get some real quality footage of the Jeep I won from NAXJA and to get a good flavor of the event, the people, and responsible off-roading.

I am the one who has volunteered to help get a short video together to serve as an advertisement for Winterfest, MWC, NAXJA, it's sponsors, and the Blue Ribbon Coallition. That's why I figured I'd need quality footage.

I am just someone who probably has a decade of experience in several different BOD positions, within the Indiana Four Wheel Drive Association, a non-profit community theater organization, and the club I helped found. During which I served, as president, vice-president, treasurer, webmaster, newsletter editor/writer/photographer, event help, event co-coordinator, marketing help, land use advocate, and generally as useful as I can be.

I feel blessed to have won the NAXJA Cherokee. I told J.J. what I plan to do. I plan to take the time, talent, and money I would have used to build up my 97 Cherokee and give it back to the association, and land use advocacy. That decade of experience, also really wears on a person. Which is why I've been away from organized off-roading, though my support of the sport has always been there. Real easy to burnout if you don't spread out the responsibilities.

So, you and the NAXJA membership, can judge me what ever way you want. I'm committed to keeping trails open, and users responsible.

Regards,
Keith

Are you guys done? We're just giving ideas here on how to improve the event, Not here people bicker about dumb shit. We're all here for our love of Cherokees and winterfest was, as always, a fantastic time.

Flexd 'hug it out' XJ

Re: Re: The "what can we do better thread"

Are you guys done? We're just giving ideas here on how to improve the event, Not here people bicker about dumb shit. We're all here for our love of Cherokees and winterfest was, as always, a fantastic time.

Flexd 'hug it out' XJ

Really?

Who appointed you "mother"?

No, I'm not a celebrity, and I am new in NAXJA. I'm not a celebrity, the freakin' Cherokee is. I just come along with it. I was walking around trying to meet as many people as possible.

I am the one who graciously offered the 1987 Jeep Cherokee he has, as a donation to the Midwest Chapter.

I did volunteer to help... back in Dec, to you at the potluck as a cook, and gave a few people a helping hand with whatever I could.

I am the one who paid for this guy, to follow the trail I was on to get some real quality footage of the Jeep I won from NAXJA and to get a good flavor of the event, the people, and responsible off-roading.

I am the one who has volunteered to help get a short video together to serve as an advertisement for Winterfest, MWC, NAXJA, it's sponsors, and the Blue Ribbon Coallition. That's why I figured I'd need quality footage.

I am just someone who probably has a decade of experience in several different BOD positions, within the Indiana Four Wheel Drive Association, a non-profit community theater organization, and the club I helped found. During which I served, as president, vice-president, treasurer, webmaster, newsletter editor/writer/photographer, event help, event co-coordinator, marketing help, land use advocate, and generally as useful as I can be.

I feel blessed to have won the NAXJA Cherokee. I told J.J. what I plan to do. I plan to take the time, talent, and money I would have used to build up my 97 Cherokee and give it back to the association, and land use advocacy. That decade of experience, also really wears on a person. Which is why I've been away from organized off-roading, though my support of the sport has always been there. Real easy to burnout if you don't spread out the responsibilities.

So, you and the NAXJA membership, can judge me what ever way you want. I'm committed to keeping trails open, and users responsible.

Regards,
Keith

Then in my opinion with all your experience you should realize how silly some of your requests are, PST? REALLY???

And making recomendations on a raffle that you didn't even see happen? Come on now!

Then in my opinion with all your experience you should realize how silly some of your requests are, PST? REALLY???

And making recomendations on a raffle that you didn't even see happen? Come on now!

As I said, I was thinking NAXJA overall to begin with, then changed to a broader statement. All while cross talking mind you.

If you really want my professional opinion, which I'm sure you could care less, the registration software ought to display the correctly based on the time zone of the person viewing it. So, it would just need to be entered correctly.

I've not said anything negative about the event, or anyone here. Not called anyone names. I didn't see a caveat on the original post of this thread that said we only want opinions from a certain class of people.

Never did I knock what you guys accomplished or did.

I gave my experiences, and opinions. My words are there for posterity. Do what you will of them, consider them, not consider them, take my advise or not.

You just aren't part of the "special" MWC chapter.

I swear for a bunch of guys who are nice people in real life you sure like to eat your own on the internet.

I thought "we eat our own" was the slogan for the donner party members that brave it for WinterFest... or is that just the volunteers?

This year happened to be nice temp wise, and we really lucked out there.

Wish I could have stayed for the whole thing. I'm sure I would have gotten a lot more good video. And had more fun then I had at my in-laws 50th wedding anniversary party. There's always next year, right.

Wow. This has turned into a cluster****...

Keith. I think you may have good intentions but the way you are going about it is wrong imo.
You have to keep in mind what kind of group this is. The Mwc is very tight knit and it takes a while to "fit in". Hell, I've been a paying member for just over a year, post almost daily, am friends with the chapter president and visit regularly, but I still feel like an outsider sometimes. That's just the way it is, it takes a long time to be "one of the guys" here.
You won this jeep and jumped into everything like you were a celebrity or somehow better than everyone else. You are not a celebrity in this club and neither is your jeep imo. Yes, it's a cool jeep and it's cool that you won itand people want to see the jeep, but I wouldn't call that "celebrity" status.

My opinion is that you are trying too hard. I think you should sit back, keep being a paying member if you want to, visit important thread and get a feel for what we talk about and what goes on, show up to more events and just sit back, get to know people and let them know who you are and what your intentions are. I think you would be much better received this way instead of trying to micromanage everything and force your thoughts/opinions on everyone.

Also, if you want to get rid of that 87 you can "donate" it to me. I love renix jeeps :D

Last edited:
I disagree also, online you got some interesting people but once you are wheeling they are not what they seem online.

Or maybe it's just easier to see from the outside :dunno:

All I know is I see a lot of real ugly things said between you guys all the time. Every time I talk to one of you on the phone it turns into a bitchfest about not liking this guy or that guy and yet meeting you guys in person it's almost the opposite.

Back