• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

The Stupidist Jeep on the Planet

cage works!

20130706130038.jpg

I think it's pretty obvious that your dumb jeep isn't wide enough.

Finally having to start repairing things, first of leaf spring bushing, not thrilled about these, DPG springs with 8 runs on them, main bushings are garbage.

bushing.jpg

ordered a new set from truckspring.com

took the belly pan off to nut n bolt things, found that the rear crossmember had a slight bend.
crossmember.jpg

sleeved it with some 1.5" .120 wall hrew with a few plug welds, also added 2 pieces of 1x1 ox to the top, just gots to get me through rocktoberfest
fixedit.jpg

while the bellypan was off decided to paint it, a friend sugested Emergency Exit sign, it came out pretty good

bellypan.jpg

Finally having to start repairing things, first of leaf spring bushing, not thrilled about these, DPG springs with 8 runs on them, main bushings are garbage.

8 runs? damn...those look like they came out of a stock spring pack that's been sitting in a field for 5 years.

Looks about like the bushings that came out of my Rusty's leafs after like 6 months of DDing+wheeling.

I put in poly I bought off mcmaster + 1/8 wall DOM sleeves and upgraded to 5/8s bolts and haven't had an issue since. Need to do the shackle end one of these days though, they were down to metal on metal a few months after the eye bushings went and I just haven't cared enough to replace them yet. I have the poly and DOM, just haven't done it.

8 runs? damn...those look like they came out of a stock spring pack that's been sitting in a field for 5 years.

I bought em in 08 but didn't start wheel in the jeep till beginning of last year. Can imagine how quickly they would of worn in a dd

Cool Fall Crawl Pics from Sam

25.jpg

117.jpg

steering box decided it wanted to start sperating from the unibody, threads on the upper bolt stripped out, plan was to put a nut on the end and also use the 4th hole of the waggy steering box i have. Only issue is the bolt hole lines up with the top of the frame rail, so i notched it, plated it and added a piece of 2x2 on top, should be good to go now

11450_10201257663056611_161755029_n.jpg

1235048_10201271958853997_453047923_n.jpg

i added door bars last month to protect meh ribs incase of a roll over, also at FC i bent the driverside coil tower, going Airshocks in the frt and 4 linking the rear with cut stock frt coils, if money permits ill go full hydro

i have no idea what im doing

late model steel hatch skin
chop1.jpg

plus a few missing things
chop2.jpg

plus a few more missing items
chop3.jpg

no turning back now
chop4.jpg

current plan is to bob it 12" maybee dovetail it, rear is getting linked with a mix of clayton/balistic/artec parts nt stretched 3", frt is getting airshocks, either fox or racerunner

So no wheeling with you next year? :moon:

Lots of work ahead, let me know if I can help at all.

Its not always about quantity, but quality or some shit like that. :D

Back