• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

The Stupidist Jeep on the Planet

Yeah I'd say the AX15 weighs less than an AW4 even without the torque converter in it.

uh i cleaned up the garage last night and took pics of my tool box

in seriousness i got this dilema for the week, with the aw4 the atlas say below the top of the crossmember wich wasnt that big of a deal since it was also behind it, with the ax15 bein 1" shoter and not havin to use the .75" spacer ring this becomes a big issue i think im gonna try a 3" poly mount and hope for the best, i cant clock the case any higher so i may have to contour the crossmember to make the case fit shall be fun

pic of it when aw4 was in
0102.JPG

gonna be makin my own ax15-crossmember adapter plate as the factory one wont work for me, even made some hi tech blue prints
plate.png

Got the upper control arm, trackbar and tie rod made tonight

0027.JPG

didnt plan on doing anywork tonight, but decided to install new seals and yokes onto the Atlas, then bolted Atlas to the ax15, im hoping to have them into the jeep tomorow and see how much of the clayton crossmember will have top be notched

0078.JPG

after that i decided to toss in the tierod and trackbar
0053.JPG

0064.JPG

got the trans mount spacer and adapters made tonight

trans spacer needed so the mount will clear 2 bolts that hole the tail housing on
0054.JPG

adapter for transmount to crossmember(its gonna get gusseted and ill drill the other holes once everything is in place
0065.JPG

both installed
0046.JPG

atlas clears cherry
0038.JPG

AX15 and Atlas went in tonight, i gotta lower the trans a little though as it sits a bit high, bit if it goes to low atlas and crossmember will become friends

00112.JPG

0039.JPG

don't replace it, you get a better feel for the terrain that way.

Looks great! This thing is gonna be awesome when it's done.

Back