• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

The Official CraigsList Thread...

Thats a 30k lesson to his son... never record what you spend on a vehicle for anything but shits and giggles, and you never get anywhere close to what you put into a vehicle, so only put in massive work on vehicles you intend to keep for a long time.

I beleive his 30k number, and i also beleive it to be work 13K. It is obviously not a crawler, obviously doesnt need armor or lockers, as if you just spent 30k restoring an xj (practically, I dont get the bushwackers and tacky wheels, but..), you wont be dragging it on rocks.

He has my respect. Differant strokes for differant folks, theres worse ways to drop 30k.

Thats a 30k lesson to his son... never record what you spend on a vehicle for anything but shits and giggles, and you never get anywhere close to what you put into a vehicle, so only put in massive work on vehicles you intend to keep for a long time.

I beleive his 30k number, and i also beleive it to be work 13K. It is obviously not a crawler, obviously doesnt need armor or lockers, as if you just spent 30k restoring an xj (practically, I dont get the bushwackers and tacky wheels, but..), you wont be dragging it on rocks.

He has my respect. Differant strokes for differant folks, theres worse ways to drop 30k.

It's only worth what someone is willing to pay. Once you start adding bushwackers, off-road tires, and rock sliders you start to attract a certain buyer. The people you attract don't necessarily care if it has a fancy paint job or reupholstered interior. I'm not knocking the guy for spending 30k on an Xj, I'm knocking the guy for overspending and dropping that number like that makes it worth more. I think most people would rather spend that 13k on something they can molest the way they want, not how someone else envisioned their father son project. I give him props for going ocd on that thing, I don't think he will find a buyer anytime soon. Anyone can go out and find a clean 100k mile Xj, original owner/2nd ower, for around 5k and throw his mods on it and you'll still have 4k in your pocket. Not to mention some other person touching EVERY nut and bolt on it. Who even knows if he did everything right.

Last edited:
Pacific Beach can have that effect.

I wouldn't be at all surprised if a few beers were involved.

Probably a few beers involved in the mounting of the stereo too.

Good luck to whoever ends up with that project.

$30K and its a hacked up Renix...

Hhahahahhaa

Back