• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

The New Years Day Police shooting verdict

Thats a fair verdict. Cop should have paid more attention, guy shouldn't have struggled. Esp since he had previous gun charges.

All the people rioting in Oakland are idiots. Protest in his name is halfway understandable, but to rob footlocker and jewelry stores...

Just an excuse to act like animals...

Thats a fair verdict. Cop should have paid more attention, guy shouldn't have struggled. Esp since he had previous gun charges.

All the people rioting in Oakland are idiots. Protest in his name is halfway understandable, but to rob footlocker and jewelry stores...

Just an excuse to act like animals...

On the ground, face down with a cop kneeling on your neck and another one shoots you in the back. So he will get a max of 4 years.

Accidental death, the cop states before hand, "Tony, Tony, Tony, I can't get the handcuffs on, I am gonna taze him".

When your a felon with prior gun charges and resisting arrest, the cop had all the right to taze him.

Cops an idiot for pulling the wrong weapon... But the criminal should never have been struggling...

Accidental death, the cop states before hand, "Tony, Tony, Tony, I can't get the handcuffs on, I am gonna taze him".

When your a felon with prior gun charges and resisting arrest, the cop had all the right to taze him.

Cops an idiot for pulling the wrong weapon... But the criminal should never have been struggling...

Ever tried to lay still while someone is kneeling on your neck basically choking you to death. Tends to fire off the adrenaline.

Actually yes I have, I also spent 6mo in county so I have dealt with plenty of officers. (not saying its something I am proud of, fwiw)

When your a punk your a punk and you act accordingly.

If your not resisting then the officer would have no reason to apply the amount of force that he did.

If your acting calm then more than likely the cop wouldn't have used as much force or felt the need to taze.

Demonstrators--go for it.

Rioters--trash.

Ever tried to lay still while someone is kneeling on your neck basically choking you to death. Tends to fire off the adrenaline.

I've been on the kneeling side many times...and those who struggle meant to do harm/escape. There were a vast majority of those who did not struggle in that situation, so I believe your opinion to be fabricated from imagination.

Not sure what would be worse,...
"Yeah, I capped the mo********er.", or; "Oops,... my bad!"
Any way around, damn.

Two to four years,... wonder if the judge will tack on the "mandatory" extra time they usually give when somebody commits a felony with the "firearms specification". I'm not familiar with calie's laws, but I'd bet they have the firearm specification law. Anybody know how much that adds to a regular sentence out there?(normally, anyway)

Sorry I have to disagree with you. When it comes to discharging a weapon and you didn't mean to, that's negligence.

Yeah, but "Negligence DO happen..." sounds grammatically incorrect to me.

The holder of the firearm is responsible if it discharges--period. The discharge is either deliberate, or negligent--period.

I wonder if this is going to change how they design the taser in the future. Get it away from the pistol style and go back to something you can identify in your hand as a taser not a pistol. A mini shotgun looking thing might be cool and not feel like a pistol in your hand.

I was not there so I don't know, but from what I see this looks like an accurate charge.

The police officer should be well trained and competent with his equipment.
This was not just his fault it's his instructors and the departments aswell.
It's easy to get stuck in routine draw/fire training eventually it becomes muscle memory.

I doubt they will change taser design. If they did people would be sueing over getting tased in the face due to the loss in accuracy.

Back