• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

THe NAC Lots-O-BFG KO2 Thread

Re: THe NAC Lots-O-RocktoberFest or you missed a great time Thread

Seriously though, stations are probably already changing over to winter blend and there's already an extra like 10-15% of additives in it.

This is for my work truck. Thing mostly sits around. 13 f250 with the 6.7. Its only got 10k on it. Started it up this morning and the low fuel pressure light came on. Went away in a few minutes. Never had any problems with it before.

Does anyone run or recommend the Novak cable shifter for transfercases? The linkage on the TJ rattles soo much, and I'd rather now deal with the linkage anymore.

Looks like cheapest I've found it is $150 at 4 low parts

Does anyone run or recommend the Novak cable shifter for transfercases? The linkage on the TJ rattles soo much, and I'd rather now deal with the linkage anymore.

From friends that have used it it's overpriced and a pain to set up

I have this (yet to put it on) but simplifies things a ton and gets rid of the rattles.
http://www.boostwerksengineering.com/-Transfer-Case_c_13.html

You could make a good version for under $15 with a couple of heims and it is super simple. I'd do that before dropping that kinda coin.
Not sure if that applies to a TJ though... I can't imagine it would be that different.

that's basically what the boostwerks kit is - he just includes custom throw arms to get the shifter to work right and all the hardware, and nice shielded heim units. I think it's worth it and he's a vendor on NAXJA

From friends that have used it it's overpriced and a pain to set up

I have this (yet to put it on) but simplifies things a ton and gets rid of the rattles.
http://www.boostwerksengineering.com/-Transfer-Case_c_13.html

Hmm, I know it is a little $$$, but that is unfortunate to hear about your friends' experiences.
I wonder how much of a pain it really is. I know people complained about OX cables being impossible, and I don't think it ever took me more than 5-10 minutes to set them up and not have to touch them again.

That boostworks one is for an XJ only, this is for a TJ. Thanks though. I wonder if he would sell just the shift arms, and how they would compare on a TJ.

You could make a good version for under $15 with a couple of heims and it is super simple. I'd do that before dropping that kinda coin.
Not sure if that applies to a TJ though... I can't imagine it would be that different.

Ya, I did a threaded rod-heims set up before. I didn't like the fact that it reversed the shifter, and unless your motor/transmission mounts were solid, it would like to try to shift the case on you. I liked the fact that that push-pull cable had compliance built into the design.

The TJ shifter linkage is on a whole new level of cluster-f*ckery compared to the XJ.

ah I missed the part about it being for a TJ. Yea the placement of the shift lever on those is almost directly above the TC shift shaft

Have one on the XJ, works great. I got it for a really good deal though. It was very easy to set up and came with directions, but I thought the kit was pretty self-explanatory.

FYI... It looks like its the SK2XC kit for XJ/MJ/TJ. Same as what I put in. Simple/straight-forward on the XJ, and I don't really think the install would differ much from an XJ or a TJ.

Last edited:

Ya, I did a threaded rod-heims set up before. I didn't like the fact that it reversed the shifter, and unless your motor/transmission mounts were solid, it would like to try to shift the case on you. I liked the fact that that push-pull cable had compliance built into the design.

The TJ shifter linkage is on a whole new level of cluster-f*ckery compared to the XJ.
Didn't it reverse the shifter because you had it on a NP241?
My NP231 had the standard pattern after I did mine, I just cut and rotated the linkage, reweld, done. 5 mins. Nice firm feel, you knew it when in.

Yeah, honestly never seen the TJ stuff.

TCaseLinkage.jpg

My NP231 had the standard pattern after I did mine, I just cut and rotated the linkage, reweld, done. 5 mins. Nice firm feel, you knew it when in.

TCaseLinkage.jpg

Yeah I've got his shifter set up on the 241 now and its reversed, was thinking of flipping the throw arm but don't think that will work. Cant say I mind having it reversed though

Yeah I've got his shifter set up on the 241 now and its reversed, was thinking of flipping the throw arm but don't think that will work. Cant say I mind having it reversed though

You missed a good evening Saturday.
How did the tow go?
Got the brackets in yet?

Have one on the XJ, works great. I got it for a really good deal though. It was very easy to set up and came with directions, but I thought the kit was pretty self-explanatory.

FYI... It looks like its the SK2XC kit for XJ/MJ/TJ. Same as what I put in. Simple/straight-forward on the XJ, and I don't really think the install would differ much from an XJ or a TJ.

Thanks for the feedback Andy. I'll keep an eye out for any deals if I can find them.

TCaseLinkage.jpg

No, I think it reversed it because I would need to cut and rotate the shift plate on the case. The 231/241OR should have the same shift pattern, as the linkage isn't different I don't believe.

The TJ has some extra stuff to it, or at least runs differently. Unless I'm completely forgetting XJ shift linkage.
BL-13.gif

Edit: Googling XJ and TJ shift linkage brings me up with pretty much the same sets of pictures, so I'm not sure what is what anymore

Last edited:
Re: THe NAC Lots-O-RocktoberFest or you are missing out Thread

How was the rock stuff this weekend boys?

Hey, I wasn't the only limp-dick that didn't go!

I didn't go :(

Anthony, yeah we noticed. :(

Bills jeep is getting used very well

You missed a good evening Saturday.
How did the tow go?
Got the brackets in yet?

Really wish I could have stayed. Felt a little guilty and weird bailing that late and not hanging with everyone but worked out for the best, had a happy girlfriend and the tow went smoothly so cant complain.

The driver ended being some 22 year old dude who's into rams and went on about his weird car history for a while. Had an old saab that he apparently got from his ex's ex who's now in jail, swapped a 70's mustang v8 he rebuilt into with "some 5 speed" trans, converted it to rwd which he chopped into a lot of the body to do, and slapped on his dead brother in law's nitrous system. Then had his first son, sold it, and some dude in florida racing a ricer celica threw it into a wall. Didn't have a picture but sounded like something roadkill would throw together.

Haven't had the time to do the brackets since I had work and school today but hopefully should get to them before the end of the weekend. Still trying to decide if I should try and pull those studs from the block or just say **** it and use the only the extra holes they tie into. If a ton of pb, heat and extractor bits don't work I might try and weld a nut to them. They sheared flush with the block so I'd have to hold a nut there and try and pool a weld from the inside of the nut to the head of the stud but doubt that'll be strong enough. Worst case time for a new 4.0 :dunno:

Last edited:

Haven't had the time to do the brackets since I had work and school today but hopefully should get to them before the end of the weekend. Still trying to decide if I should try and pull those studs from the block or just say **** it and use the only the extra holes they tie into. If a ton of pb, heat and extractor bits don't work I might try and weld a nut to them. They sheared flush with the block so I'd have to hold a nut there and try and pool a weld from the inside of the nut to the head of the stud but doubt that'll be strong enough. Worst case time for a new 4.0 :dunno:

Weld a washer to it first, then a nut to that, usually works out better. You can even use a size or two larger nut at that point if you want so it's easier to weld inside of. Just be sure to let it cool down for a few minutes before you try wrenching on it.

Back