• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

THe NAC Lots-O-BFG KO2 Thread

Re: THe NAC Lots-O-Post Thread aka North America Home Owners Association Thread

yea it's boggling my mind also. It sat over the weekend without being driven, but other than that it was dry on friday when i parked it, so ice in the joints shouldn't be the problem

Have you tried parting it out or lighting it on fire?

You're probably right, fire would probably warm it up enough for it to start working again.

Off to find some matches.

Yesterday I was at the restaurant from 1pm-10pm and I went out at around 950 to start Herman and it was VERY close to not going. Incidentally I was starting it in order to jump someone else's car in the lot heh

Ah that sucks.

Yeah I'm ready for summer. I was able to push back most of our snowbanks a bit. They're about 8 ft tall right now. That plow has already paid for itself two times over now.

It's not the snow that I hate, I can deal with that and I don't mind plowing/snowblowing. It's the frigid cold that I hate. Once the temp starts going under 20º I lose all motivation to do anything but sit in front of the fireplace.

Can't say I disagree. I love snow. Herman might get a plow for next season

Yesterday finished of painting the house notice that ice got into the soffit by the bay window and it was dripping water. Today went to pick up my brother in Somerville be was hungover and was not answering his phone or doorbell. Went up to my parents to steal their snow blower went back down to the new house cleared of the roof and chucked a bunch of salt on the ice dam over the window cleared out the driveway enough for the movers on Wednesday started cleaning up the mess from painting before calling it a day. Now packing. Tomorrow finish cleaning up the house and install a light plus finish packing and clearing out snow

That sucks. That used to happen to my truck and discovered a stuck thermostat. Now my heat cranks out great even before I get on the highway. Granted I also plug my truck in each night.

Also, I had an issue with the plow of course the day before the blizzard. It was working really slowly at first, then quit working outright but I could hear the motor turning.

I cleaned the motor anyway (just like a winch motor) and then replaced the fluid and cleaned out the filter on the pump inlet. Fluid looked like there was 4 different kinds in there, hydraulic fluid, maybe some gear oil, and ATF, and motor oil :laugh:. There was a nice layer of grime on the bottom of the reservoir too. Cleaned all of that out as well.

Filled it with the Amsoil hydraulic oil I run in my truck/jeep steering systems rated for -58ºF. Plow works mint now.

My thermostat is a little broken. You gotta let the engine overheat for a few minutes before it opens. Great for these winter days if you ask me. HEAT CRANKS. Man my truck is great.

we have about 3" here and still coming down on my drive in. nothing like what you guys have been dealing with though... I dislike how it makes people drive.

Temp gauge spiked and no heat is a stuck Tstat right? 02ish subaru

I've been hoisting snow off roofs for the past two days.

I should have harassed you to come to mine...I've had the flu since last thursday and was smart enough to clear my roof Saturday, and it damn near killed me. Sarah had to shovel the driveway yesterday because I couldn't move and lets just say, barely enough room to fit 2 cars single file...when ours normally can hold 6 cars. Let me know if you come by towards sheeps and I'll pay you to clear up the driveway! :)

I just got an email from Scotts saying that now (Mid-February through March) would be a great time to start applying their Turf Builder lawn food for green up in the spring.

Do you think their marking director for the Northeast lives under a rock?

Back