• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

THe NAC Lots-O-BFG KO2 Thread

Re: THe NAC Lots-O-Post Thread aka North America Home Owners Association Thread

Wanny pick up a plow blade or something similar cheap and hook it up to the jeep.figure mount it to the d ring table and use the winch. Sick of shoveling.

THe NAC Lots-O-Post Thread aka North America Home Owners Association Thread

Wanny pick up a plow blade or something similar cheap and hook it up to the jeep.figure mount it to the d ring table and use the winch. Sick of shoveling.

It would probably be cheaper to buy a snowblower...

Is it a 48RE in those?

I think my friend Nick rebuilt one and said it was cake. That and something about adjusting the bands and just getting a new converter would help a lot.

bandz a make her dance. all these chicks poppin pussy, i'm just poppin bandz

every day that it's been ridiculously cold, I wear my hoodie under my NAXJA jacket to work. today was the first time I've ever been cold wearing that jacket. didn't even have good heat driving, couldn't get the water temp above 165F unless I was stopped at a light.

That sucks. That used to happen to my truck and discovered a stuck thermostat. Now my heat cranks out great even before I get on the highway. Granted I also plug my truck in each night.

Also, I had an issue with the plow of course the day before the blizzard. It was working really slowly at first, then quit working outright but I could hear the motor turning.

I cleaned the motor anyway (just like a winch motor) and then replaced the fluid and cleaned out the filter on the pump inlet. Fluid looked like there was 4 different kinds in there, hydraulic fluid, maybe some gear oil, and ATF, and motor oil :laugh:. There was a nice layer of grime on the bottom of the reservoir too. Cleaned all of that out as well.

Filled it with the Amsoil hydraulic oil I run in my truck/jeep steering systems rated for -58ºF. Plow works mint now.

Nah, stats good. I replaced it with a OEM one over the summer. It's an old school motor and it is just ****ing cold out. I used to not mind it as much, but I'm getting pretty tired of this weather lol. More snow tonight.

Ah that sucks.

Yeah I'm ready for summer. I was able to push back most of our snowbanks a bit. They're about 8 ft tall right now. That plow has already paid for itself two times over now.

It's not the snow that I hate, I can deal with that and I don't mind plowing/snowblowing. It's the frigid cold that I hate. Once the temp starts going under 20º I lose all motivation to do anything but sit in front of the fireplace.

Fukkin weather.. just had an oversize load to Baltimore cancelled.

Hope you guys up North are doing alright..

Couple issues with trucks gelling at work this morning messing up my day. Brutally cold here.

I had to go to my mom's house this morning before work because her heat wasn't working. House was ~48 degrees when I got there. Turns out that the heating oil wasn't gelled like I thought (exterior oil tank in an enclosure) but that the oil feed line had some air in it. The fuel tank is 3/4 full and the feed line comes out the top of the tank so i'm not sure where it could've come from.

Primed the pump, cracked the bleeder (expecting nothing/gelled fuel to come out), and saw ~5 seconds of liquid oil then a few seconds of oil/air then back to liquid oil. Works mint now.

The guy that filled the tank last didn't latch the door on the fuel tank enclosure. I'm not sure if that was a contributing factor.

the PS return line on the jeep was spewing fluid where the rubber line connects to the metal box line this morning. The rubber line goes though a cooler then back to the pump reservoir.

I guess the fluid in my cooler is frozen? I can't turn the wheels much, just very slightly.

the PS return line on the jeep was spewing fluid where the rubber line connects to the metal box line this morning. The rubber line goes though a cooler then back to the pump reservoir.

I guess the fluid in my cooler is frozen? I can't turn the wheels much, just very slightly.

Probably two separate issues. Cold cracked your rubber hose, and there is something frozen physically preventing your tires from turning.

What type of fluid are you running?

I wouldn't think the fluid would freeze, but I don't know what mechanical linkage would bind up that bad from being frozen that it wouldn't let you turn.

just generic parts store PS fluid. Part of it could be it's low on fluid since the pump leaks a bit.

i can turn the tires if i force it, but i get a lot of resistance. linkages are fine, tires move fine.

gonna stick a space heater to blow on it tonight when i get home, and pick up some new rubber line and clamps for the return.

I wouldn't think the fluid would freeze, but I don't know what mechanical linkage would bind up that bad from being frozen that it wouldn't let you turn.

If snow got all jammed up in the Cs and froze it could happen. Its happened to me before... play in snow, it piles up and melts a little from the motor then freezes up good. Wasn't bad enough that I couldn't move but there was more resistance than normal.

yea it's boggling my mind also. It sat over the weekend without being driven, but other than that it was dry on friday when i parked it, so ice in the joints shouldn't be the problem

Back