• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

THe NAC Lots-O-BFG KO2 Thread

Re: THe NAC Lots-O-Post Thread

oh yeah... picked up some WJ LCAs at the JY this morning, that is so much easier with a real 1/2" ratchet and some extension bars and a 21mm box wrench than it is with a 7/8" box wrench, 21mm socket, and breaker bar.

If you did have the money Cmelo I would just go with the XRC8 for $300 instead. It may be an 8k winch but I'd trust it more and the specs look better.

Like everything else I'm going to wait for a used "real" winch. I think 10,000 is a must for my truck...

I just got the OK to have 2 or 3 20 foot lengths of steel delivered to my house...

I'm thinking I may have to try my hand in fabbing up a 3 link in a couple months. Now I just gotta find one of them there calculators and figure out what the hell I am doing :laugh:

Scott, search pirate (or google)

and decide what sizes you want and I can it to my quote.

Like everything else I'm going to wait for a used "real" winch. I think 10,000 is a must for my truck...

I just sold my Warn XD9000i to get the Shittybilt one, actually 2. 1 front & 1 rear.

Hey Anthony, that ring you posted, I know someone who just ordered it as a wedding band.

Here is what a $692 tire looks like. I already know what tire Im getting next and its not these.

0306001933.jpg

Scott, search pirate (or google)

and decide what sizes you want and I can it to my quote.
yeah, i have searched a bit already over the past weeks... I just need to do more research, etc.

when are you ordering? I may not be going through with this for a couple months so I'm thinking I will just make my own order so I don't hold anyone up on their stuff. Plus I'm surprised I got the OK to have 60 ft of steel delivered in the first place. I REALLY don't want to fawk this up by ordering and it laying around my parents yard (Already have enough steel around that they aren't liking too much) :laugh3:

I can place an order local and may be able to get a good price. I found out my father knows someone who works at the place and may be able to get me a bit of a discount. Plus I would get free delivery. :dunno: Would probably just be easier for me to hold off and plan/buy once I figure out what the hell I am doing.

Almost all steel places I found deliver for free with over a $100 order.

Oh I almost forgot I got a sweet deal today when I picked up brake parts for my jeep today. The guy I get parts from was cleaning out a trailer and found some GM factory upper a-arms with upper balljoints for my Tahoe $40ea. Crappy autobone ones are $140. I wanted new ones because I just ordered a lift kit for my Tahoe I got now.

Yes I have issues with vehicles.

One reason why I am glad I haven't bought my own house.... I am limited on what vehicles I can have here which kindof keeps me in check.

what tire are you getting? and what's happening with the treps? cool about the ring. i'd rock it, but jenn shot it down.

scott, whatever you want. personally, i wouldn't let steel that expensive sit outside... it's just cheaper when you order more.

scott, whatever you want. personally, i wouldn't let steel that expensive sit outside... it's just cheaper when you order more.
That's the other reason I don't want to order now. I would make sure it got moved to a covered area and was raised so it wouldn't be sitting on the ground... but still don't want to leave it just sitting around.

what tire are you getting? and what's happening with the treps? cool about the ring. i'd rock it, but jenn shot it down.

Nothing until winter, that pic is from my garage.

That's the other reason I don't want to order now. I would make sure it got moved to a covered area and was raised so it wouldn't be sitting on the ground... but still don't want to leave it just sitting around.

Just remember even with them covered, outside they will sweat and collect condensation, which will cause rust. Your gonna want as clean a surface as you can get when welding up the links.

E-codes are f-ing awesome.

Wow, my headlight harness worked too, without any problems.

I pooped some stuff together.

I'll take pics tomorrow after a full day of welding and you guys can tell me how much I suck.

Dealing with .125" on 110V.

.125 on a 110V is nothing. 5/16 and thicker is what's not doable. 110V welders live for welding .125 all day long.

but i'm glad you were meltin' metal.

Yeah I know it's nothing, I was more saying I wanted comments on how it looked and whatnot.

.125" is all I have laying around.

I cleaned out my garage today and the welder is easily accessible (tomorrow it gets moved to the shed when I take the bike out for a ride :)).

I am trying to decide if I would rather
A) sell the 29 spline shafts I have
B) use one of the shafts (along with one of the spider gears and a drum brake as well as assorted steel) to make a work stand to hold bench grinders, etc...
C) do a cross section of the axle and put it into a coffee table type of thing with a glass top and have a small electric motor turning the pinion so if you look through the glass you see how a diff works.

Edit: Thinking of it... I let the bike fully warm up today and it popped right into gear! :D Such a good feeling when I realized that chances are it's just a heavy oil causing my first gear issues (that I mentioned a week or 2 ago). Anyone around SE Mass want to pull their bike out for a ride tomorrow since it's supposed to be nice?

So I go to do the rear brakes in my 00' XJ DD and I find that the driverrs side is still factory with pretty much nothing left but its so loose that it doesnt really hit anyway and the pass. side is completely replaced. Im not sure what prompts someone to do just one side but this thing had every part replaced from the backing plate out. In fact it was all still shiny, barely any dirt/dust, and I've owned it for 3 yrs. It wasnt used the first year. That and the fact that the shoes they used on that side had a slot in the middle a 1/2" wide that grooved the drum which made it real nice to take off.

Im glad its done though because it stops 100% better, that and I balanced the tires which it needed.

I wish I had a bike to enjoy... maybe one day.... For now I will just continue to gather parts up for my XJ build.... well XJ upgrade I guess... not really going to be a build just a lift, rims/tires.... for now anyways...

I would do the coffee table idea... I am thinking of taking my wife's stock 20's from her Ram to build a coffee table with... but that will be one heavy a$$ table....

I am debating right now if I want to do my rear brakes or put it off for a while until I can get the disc conversion I want to do... don't need to do them yet anyways...

Last edited:

I wish I had a bike to enjoy... maybe one day.... For now I will just continue to gather parts up for my XJ build.... well XJ upgrade I guess... not really going to be a build just a lift, rims/tires.... for now anyways...

I would do the coffee table idea... I am thinking of taking my wife's stock 20's from her Ram to build a coffee table with... but that will be one heavy a$$ table....

I am debating right now if I want to do my rear brakes or put it off for a while until I can get the disc conversion I want to do... don't need to do them yet anyways...
Bikes can be cheap. I now have 2 of them. Search craigslist all the damn time and eventually you will find something. Dont be afraid of older bikes either. My newest bike is an '89 and both run great. The first I picked up was an 89 XT350 for $100 and the 2nd was an '86 FZX700 in mint condition that I picked up for either $1000 or $1100, I cant remember. Considering that I can now sell the $100 bike for $1500+I think that is a good investment :) (yes I have put time/money into it over a couple years, but half of that is because I broke sh!t on it... its a dual sport so turn signals and trail riding dont play nice together :laugh: plus some of my friends are fawkers and let dumb facks ride it and crash into shit and leave me the repairs). If you were closer I would say to stop by and you could borrow a bike for the day :)

Yeah, the table was the most recent idea when I was sitting around earlier thinking that a differential was an awesome invention. As simple as it is... in its time it was an awesome thing. Even today most people don't understand them. I wanted to make it so people could see how an open diff works. Make it so someone could grab the driveshaft end and stop one side to see how an open diff works.

Do the disks. I recently installed a 9" and am putting off doing brakes until I get the disks. If you have the time/money/option to do disks then do the swap.

Last edited:
Back