• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

THe NAC Lots-O-BFG KO2 Thread

Re: THe NAC Lots-O-Post Thread

jsut picked up a new aluminum floor jack, now i get to try it out and change some UCA bushings

BTW, thanks for the new signature billy

it's very frustrating being at school and having my tools here and not having anywhere to work on my jeep. i could be making much needed progress on frame stiffeners and rust repair.

Cape Cod. The only thing wrong with it is the shock stud snapped when I was removing the shocks. I do have the pieces to fix that though.

Brakes are pretty new, as in less than a year of use on them.

After doing some modeling, I don't think I will be able to do my headlight idea after all, at least not the original one. Damn.

Cape Cod. The only thing wrong with it is the shock stud snapped when I was removing the shocks. I do have the pieces to fix that though.

Brakes are pretty new, as in less than a year of use on them.

bit of a drive for me, ill try and find somthin closer first, shock stud wouldnt mater as it would get high clearence shock mounts

hey kids. don't feel like starting a new thread...but i'm thinking about the whole 1 ton thing...what do you think i'd be able to get for my axles when they're done?

front is a early bronco 44 with xj brackets, full spool, mm hubs, disc brake conversion ($530 on bronco graveyard), 4.88s, 3/4 ton factory replacement shafts, solid diff cover, and hi steer arms, tie rod, drag link, 1 ton chevy TREs. rear is an xj 44 with aussie locker, 4.88s, alloy usa shafts, new brakes as of last year, and a solid diff cover... front has yet to be run, all brand new stuff... ?? what's the opinions

dont have any heh. got them off my friend when i bought his housing. i can say that they're definitely beefier, don't neck down at all like the stock bronco ones do. i will ask him, but hes got 800 projects going all the time so i'd be surprised if he remembers. i do know he bought a bunch of things off bronco graveyard, so i'm sure if they don't have them, if ya email them they'd know where to get them...?

so. how bout a price guess, billy? and whoever else, of course :)

Info on what kind of hi-steer arms, what are the specs on the tie rod and drag link (i.e. wall thickness, OD), what kind of brackets are they?

I take it the brakes are brand new never used?

Are the MM hubs used or new?

Where the 4.88s professionally installed?

hi steer arms from http://jeepxtremes.com/

mm hubs new

gears to be installed by a good friend, previously ran his own shop, very knowledgeable mechanic, i guess not a "professional" per se, but not someone giving it their first shot. Sets up gear sets in his race cars somewhat routinely...

haven't actually done the steering links yet, will be beefy tho :)

brackets are from ballistic fab

yeah, i couldn't figure out what was wrong with it, some kind of alignment issue...

how's the teardown going for you?

good as you can see i got the new control arm. waiting on the tie rod and then its off to get an alignment to see if the frame got tweaked...

just finished puttin in the new UCA bushing, i hate those damn things.

Old one on the left if ur not smart enough to figure that out

21b56yf.jpg

dvbly.jpg

Back