• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

THe NAC Lots-O-BFG KO2 Thread

Re: THe NAC Lots-O-Post Thread

LOL. its a jeep thing.

on that note; my buddy's TJ 4.0/AX15 is making a loud 'click' noise almost every time the clutch goes in, at the same point on the pedal every time. we're thinking it's a broken spring on the pressure plate? it also pops out of first and the pedal is a little stiffer than normal. took the slave off and that wasn't broken. 160k, probably original clutch. gonna order a clutch kit but wanted to see if anyone else had an idea.

sounds like one of the springs that holds the throwout bearing to the shift fork broke, or possibly the retaining clip/spring that holds the fork to the pivot ball. Won't know till you pull the trans and find the pieces laying in the bellhousing

wDbkhFe.jpg

Also, this is for you and Dave:
https://itunes.apple.com/us/album/id1090735080

They announced the new album today for preorder and released one of the full songs

Last edited:

LOL. its a jeep thing.

on that note; my buddy's TJ 4.0/AX15 is making a loud 'click' noise almost every time the clutch goes in, at the same point on the pedal every time. we're thinking it's a broken spring on the pressure plate? it also pops out of first and the pedal is a little stiffer than normal. took the slave off and that wasn't broken. 160k, probably original clutch. gonna order a clutch kit but wanted to see if anyone else had an idea.

Sounds like your friend needs a new alternator

Got my 4 link started. 3 inches of lift isn't going to be fun with the 4 link. Should I let the arms self clearance?

Got my 4 link started. 3 inches of lift isn't going to be fun with the 4 link. Should I let the arms self clearance?

Letting something like the control arms that hold your axle into your vehicle "self clearance" sounds like a pretty dumb and lazy way of doing things.

If you're only on 3 inches of lift, why are you doing a 4 link? Are you going up in height in the future? Why not do it the right way and wait until then?

this is why people do mid-arms with low lift

Letting something like the control arms that hold your axle into your vehicle "self clearance" sounds like a pretty dumb and lazy way of doing things.

If you're only on 3 inches of lift, why are you doing a 4 link? Are you going up in height in the future? Why not do it the right way and wait until then?
I should have added it is on a zj and for the rear control arms using a Clayton off-road kit with home brew arms for a 2 inch rear stretch.
I am doing a 4 link because I didn't want to use the short arms for rear because I am swapping in an 8.8.

what does swapping an 8.8 have to do with anything? Geometry is geometry

what does swapping an 8.8 have to do with anything? Geometry is geometry
If I wasn't swapping in an 8.8 I would have left the rear short arms. If I had left it running short arms I wouldn't have issues with the upper control arms hitting the floor pan at full bump. Does that answer your question? And I had nothing to do with the geometry it is a Clayton kit.

If I wasn't swapping in an 8.8 I would have left the rear short arms. If I had left it running short arms I wouldn't have issues with the upper control arms hitting the floor pan at full bump. Does that answer your question? And I had nothing to do with the geometry it is a Clayton kit.

Asks a question about rear suspension on a different platform then is an asshole.

Do 10 minutes of research, the answers are out there. Use google. It's this site that gives you answers to questions. Try to breath out of your nose occasionally.

Asks a question about rear suspension on a different platform then is an asshole.

Do 10 minutes of research, the answers are out there. Use google. It's this site that gives you answers to questions. Try to breath out of your nose occasionally.

Cool english

Back