• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

THe NAC Lots-O-BFG KO2 Thread

Re: The NAC Lots-O-Muscle-Cars-But-no-driveway-Burndogs Thread

Jeep died on the highway today. Drove up to the girlfriends yesterday in Vermont without a hiccup and got on 89 this morning and within 5 min I suddenly lost all power and when I popped it into neutral the rpms dropped to nothing. Thought I blew the engine at first but after pulling off and checking everything out I couldn't find anything out of the ordinary. Heard a weird feedback noise through the sub and speakers when it happened which was also weird. Cranks over fine and everything gets power but won't fire. Fuel rail has fuel in it, haven't checked spark yet but I'm thinking maybe cps? Coil, rotor, wires, plugs, and tps are all new within the last couple months. Any guesses?

did the RPMs drop to zero as soon as the engine lost power, or only once you put it in neutral?

did the RPMs drop to zero as soon as the engine lost power, or only once you put it in neutral?

Only when I popped it into neutral. Tried down shifting to 4th to slow down but could tell something was wrong when I couldn't accelerate and when I put my foot down it did nothing, so threw it in neutral and it dropped to zero and coasted with no power steering into the breakdown lane. Also gauges don't move at all when I turn the key which I couldn't figure out. Cranks hard and long but no spark.

Only when I popped it into neutral. Tried down shifting to 4th to slow down but could tell something was wrong when I couldn't accelerate and when I put my foot down it did nothing, so threw it in neutral and it dropped to zero and coasted with no power steering into the breakdown lane. Also gauges don't move at all when I turn the key which I couldn't figure out. Cranks hard and long but no spark.

hmmm probably not the CPS then. Ignition switch perhaps. When my CPS went out the tach would immediately drop to zero even if the engine was still being rotated by the motion of the vehicle though the transmission. Could still be a possibility though.

Try unplugging the cps connector then plugging it back in

i completley dropped the ball on that one

Batteries are finally on their way out in my truck. Got 6 years out of them. Diehard Platinums. Anything else I should consider for a replacement?

I got Exide AGMs for my truck since the platinums were not available last year when I needed them. I like them thus far. Plus they have the bonus of being made domestically and a NASCAR offical battery!!!!

Last edited:

running autocraft gold and most times i start the truck the clock resets to 12:00. 5 out 5 would recommend.

Batteries are finally on their way out in my truck. Got 6 years out of them. Diehard Platinums. Anything else I should consider for a replacement?

Those carry a 100 month prorated warranty so you'll get a discount on replacements if they determine they're bad.

I got Exide AGMs for my truck since the platinums were not available last year when I needed them. I like them thus far. Plus they have the bonus of being made domestically and a NASCAR offical battery!!!!

Jobs.

I love my Interstates, 4yrs old now and I went a week last winter with no alternator just fine on them. Jeff is a dealer for them now, see what he can do for a deal

White Jeep - lowered (barely)/stripped (not really)/light (not with you in it BOOOOOOM!!)/fast (meh)

I have a Bosch AGM. I like it. 4 year warranty. If you aren't buying Odysseys (why would you spend that much anyway?) the DieHard Advanced Golds are re-branded Deka AGMs.. another great battery.

Back