• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

THe NAC Lots-O-BFG KO2 Thread

Re: The NAC Lots-O-Muscle-Cars-But-no-driveway-Burndogs Thread

Hey guys, any help would be appreciated.

Started the Wrangler up today, haven't driven it in about 5 days. Started fine, idled fine, drove fine through the parking lot of the apartment complex I was in. Once I went to pull onto the road, it could not accelerate for sh*t and just started hesitating and bucking. Pulled over, still it idled ok, and when I turned around to pull back into the parking lot the CEL popped on, and it couldn't accelerate and just died. Wouldn't turn back over for a minute or so, then started up and I was able to drive it back to its parking spot.

I'm going to pick up my scanner from my storage unit tomorrow after work, and check that. TPS sensor? Thoughts? My thoughts were originally a sensor, and after some searching people were saying they had similar problems and various parts fixed it (TPS, IAC, fuel pump, etc)

clogged fuel filter or bad gas? sounds kinda similar to my issue at nac fest last year

Started the Wrangler up today, haven't driven it in about 5 days. Started fine, idled fine, drove fine through the parking lot of the apartment complex I was in. Once I went to pull onto the road, it could not accelerate for sh*t and just started hesitating and bucking. Pulled over, still it idled ok, and when I turned around to pull back into the parking lot the CEL popped on, and it couldn't accelerate and just died. Wouldn't turn back over for a minute or so, then started up and I was able to drive it back to its parking spot.

I'm going to pick up my scanner from my storage unit tomorrow after work, and check that. TPS sensor? Thoughts? My thoughts were originally a sensor, and after some searching people were saying they had similar problems and various parts fixed it (TPS, IAC, fuel pump, etc)

Sounds like race jeep after I finished building the new exhaust. Once it warms up and gets into closed loop, it doesn't wanna run. My problem should be the upstream o2 sensor, mighta used a torch to get it out then reused it cause I don't have a new NTK one yet

Damn Bobby sorry to hear. That's a suck situation. If there's anything I can do to help let me know. Unfortunately I don't need another jeep right now.

And I can't wait for Robtoberfest LOL.

I had a similar issue with a bad coolant temp sensor.

Could also be your crankshaft position sensor.

clogged fuel filter or bad gas? sounds kinda similar to my issue at nac fest last year
It ran fine before with the same gas in there. I hope it isn't a clogged fuel filter, I don't want to drop that tank. I really need to read that code first.

Sounds like race jeep after I finished building the new exhaust. Once it warms up and gets into closed loop, it doesn't wanna run. My problem should be the upstream o2 sensor, mighta used a torch to get it out then reused it cause I don't have a new NTK one yet
Smooth Ross. That also sounds like a CPS issue. Once it warms up, it doesn't want to stay running, and won't restart until it is cool. Red Jeep did that when I was trying to drive it home the day I bought it.

I had a similar issue with a bad coolant temp sensor.

Could also be your crankshaft position sensor.
Hmm, I'll look into the coolant sensor.

CPS has always been a binary off/on for me, not a hesitating and lack of accel. My XJ did it, just died but when it was running it accelerated fine. When the TJ did it, it just shut off randomly and wouldn't restart.

I've had a lot of clogged fuel pumps, socks, and filters. Sometimes it's like that. Whenever it was a coolant temp sensor(I've had a lot of bad ones of those too) it didn't like to start. I've also had a lot of bad upstream o2 sensors and they would make you think it's a TPS. Either way, just start unplugging shit. It'll run like shit without an upstream O2 sensor but better than having a bad one, if that's the problem. I've never had much trouble running with an unplugged coolant sensor. With those I'd unplug to start then plug it back in. With something that's been sitting don't be surprised if it's fuel related though. Whole bunch of ways to drive a 4.0 with a bunch of shit parts attached to it.

I've had a lot of clogged fuel pumps, socks, and filters. Sometimes it's like that. Whenever it was a coolant temp sensor(I've had a lot of bad ones of those too) it didn't like to start. I've also had a lot of bad upstream o2 sensors and they would make you think it's a TPS. Either way, just start unplugging shit. It'll run like shit without an upstream O2 sensor but better than having a bad one, if that's the problem. I've never had much trouble running with an unplugged coolant sensor. With those I'd unplug to start then plug it back in. With something that's been sitting don't be surprised if it's fuel related though. Whole bunch of ways to drive a 4.0 with a bunch of shit parts attached to it.

Bill, someone hacked Carl's account.

Hi my name is Carl

Aperently my nephew is terrified of the roller coaster I bought him for Christmas.

Smooth Ross. That also sounds like a CPS issue. Once it warms up, it doesn't want to stay running, and won't restart until it is cool. Red Jeep did that when I was trying to drive it home the day I bought it..

I know it's the o2. It'll stay running, although wicked lope, and restarts. If I floor it and kick it back into open loop, runs perfect

Jeep died on the highway today. Drove up to the girlfriends yesterday in Vermont without a hiccup and got on 89 this morning and within 5 min I suddenly lost all power and when I popped it into neutral the rpms dropped to nothing. Thought I blew the engine at first but after pulling off and checking everything out I couldn't find anything out of the ordinary. Heard a weird feedback noise through the sub and speakers when it happened which was also weird. Cranks over fine and everything gets power but won't fire. Fuel rail has fuel in it, haven't checked spark yet but I'm thinking maybe cps? Coil, rotor, wires, plugs, and tps are all new within the last couple months. Any guesses?

Last edited:

Codes in the wrangler:

OBDII Code - P0351 - Ignition Coil A Primary/Secondary Circuit
Mfg specific Code - P1391 - Interm Loss of CMP or CKP

Makes sense, replaced the CKP about 4ish years ago because it would die any time it drove in the rain. I don't remember where my dad got the sensor, but it probably failed again.

Jeep sucks at plowing, that's all

Codes in the wrangler:

OBDII Code - P0351 - Ignition Coil A Primary/Secondary Circuit
Mfg specific Code - P1391 - Interm Loss of CMP or CKP

Makes sense, replaced the CKP about 4ish years ago because it would die any time it drove in the rain. I don't remember where my dad got the sensor, but it probably failed again.

My money is on the TPS - it probably got wet. Same symptoms mine had when it went out.

Back