• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

THe NAC Lots-O-BFG KO2 Thread

Re: THe NAC Lots-O-WiFi thread

Jesus F'n...

I'm not sure if I should be proud or ashamed that I've driven the last 2 name changes.

Re: Re: THe NAC Lots-O-WiFi thread

Which ones did you get? Those same Powerline ones?
Yes, exact same ones. Looked at other options that used the same Ethernet over power but these were pretty obviously the ones to get

UCAs are 10mm, LCAs 14.

Remember that wifi is two way radio, if you just crank the transmit power up you are doing yourself no good because the WAP won't be able to hear the devices any better unless you crank their power up too. Get a good antenna for the band you use and put it within range of where you will be using it. Not sure how this plays with MIMO and it certainly won't do well with any sort of beam forming setup but I have a 15dbi collinear antenna for 2.4GHz I will be installing in my attic when I am done with the rest of the house. The great thing about coax/connector/antenna improvements is that it improves reception and transmission equally, so you will actually increase your range.

need help troubleshooting trailer brakes

crawled under the trailer today to check out why i have no brakes. notice that a splice has corroded away to the point that the wires fell off. ok cool replace all the splices try the brakes still no brakes.

hook up a power supply the 7 way plug with 12v still nothing as expected check to see that there is 12v across the brake pin and ground and there is. check the voltage between the brake pin and the frame and get 10.5v so ~1.5V drop hmm that could be the battery in the break away kit so i remove the power and pull the pin on the kit and brakes are working. the only thin else i can think of right now is the 7 way plug seeing how both the tuck and the power supply dont work. any other ideas?

Sheep, feel better now? ;)
I have an absurd amount of requests and I am not spending the time on that site to go through them.

Flushed my brake fluid on Friday. First time I've ever done that on any vehicle I've owned. I think I'm drinking a bit too much of the BMW preventative maintenance Kool-Aid.

I've had the same gear oil in my front axle on my Dodge for the past 140k miles.

I've been meaning to do something about that but keep putting it off :laugh:

Flushed my brake fluid on Friday. First time I've ever done that on any vehicle I've owned. I think I'm drinking a bit too much of the BMW preventative maintenance Kool-Aid.

It makes a really big difference. You put in any super awesome kraut fluid? I have to do a drain and refill on my trans soon, only thing fluid I haven't touched on my Rover. I changed the oil and hopefully ended my power steering leak... pulled the new hose off and checked the o-ring, it was fine, cleaned it and put it back. In the process I finally found out how to access the hose correctly.. under the hood, driver's side, from below the pump in between it and the airbox. whew.

Maybe looking at a really clean 5 spd E36 318is for my buddy this week.

Back