• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

THe NAC Lots-O-BFG KO2 Thread

Re: THe NAC Lots-O-Post Thread aka North America Home Owners Association Thread

Just going to spend the rest of the day looking at pictures of hamsters on motorcycles

It's a fun bike, but it's damn tall! How much does that KTM weigh?

Something like 218lb dry. And it sits niiiice and low.

The 400 was cool. The ktm is superb though :) needs some stuff but it'll be an awesome awesome awesome bike in the woods. And maybe with some fanangling it'll be fun on the road too :)

What's the KTM? 250 EXC?

Shitting my brains out all day at work, guess the mixture of fruity pebbles beer and whiskey was not a good mix last night

Dave don't punish yourself by buying a crf. Cool looking frame and that's all. Have you read up on the valves? Eff that. You'd like to think "oh it's a honda, it'll run forever" but those are super finicky motors and the bikes are eh. What do you want it for? Just a nice woods bike?

Dave don't punish yourself by buying a crf. Cool looking frame and that's all. Have you read up on the valves? Eff that. You'd like to think "oh it's a honda, it'll run forever" but those are super finicky motors and the bikes are eh. What do you want it for? Just a nice woods bike?

Supposedly the valve issue was resolved in anything after 2006.

Looking for a bike that can be titled that I can also throw supermoto stuff on if I get the itch.

That's any bike if you make a friend in New Hampshire...

That's any bike if you make a friend in New Hampshire...

True, my parents live in VT, and I think it's a similar process there so I'm not as worried about that. Just want the bike that can handle some road miles and longer rides.

I feel like you pay a giant premium for the crf-x instead of r, so much so that it just doesn't seem worth looking at them, and I've never been a fan of Kawasaki or Suzuki...That's why I ended up with a ktm haha. You can get good ones used for relatively short money, and plenty of them came with headlight/taillight/brake light, so you're halfway to streetable so long as you get someone in NH to register it then give you the previous reg and bill of sale.

I feel like you pay a giant premium for the crf-x instead of r, so much so that it just doesn't seem worth looking at them, and I've never been a fan of Kawasaki or Suzuki...That's why I ended up with a ktm haha. You can get good ones used for relatively short money, and plenty of them came with headlight/taillight/brake light, so you're halfway to streetable so long as you get someone in NH to register it then give you the previous reg and bill of sale.

Prices do seem to be high on the CRFx bikes. I really like my Yamaha, and would buy one again, but the WR450f's are tough to find too.

You bought from a dealer, right?

No. I was going to, then found this and it's exactly what I wanted. I lowballed pretty hard and ended up getting it for a good price for what it is. It needs some love but what doesn't :gee:

Yay! The NAC lots-o-dirtbikes thread!

It kind of sucks that the enduro market isn't as big here in the states as it seems to be in Europe, and the KTM's/Husky's that do fit the bill seem to be expensive and tougher to find. The new yz250fx looks like a nice addition this year to fill that gap though.

Yeah. I was pretty lucky to find the ktm I got for the price I think... But it's worth the extra few bucks I feel, even if I had paid the kid's asking price.

I never liked yamaha/kawi/Suzuki, and the crf's suck, so as far as I'm concerned it's ktm/husaberg/husqvarna or bust haha. Or other small/awesome manufacturers like gasgas :)

Yeah I think you got a great deal, I've seen 04's and older going for what you paid, and most of those were straight mx bikes.

:party:

Back