• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

THe NAC Lots-O-BFG KO2 Thread

Re: THe NAC Lots-O-Post Thread

One thing I can think of is if I get a place in the future, I could use the phone as my internet instead of paying for Comcast. I'm sure the data usage would go up then.

You'll want unlimited if this is the case.

I'm don't consider myself a heavy user and besides some texts to Angel and snapchat it gets used primary for work, I use about 2-2.5Gb/month.

We have a 4G LTE modem cause Comcast is the only game in town and they want an absurd amount to connect us. On the modem we use about 180-210Gb/month, thankfully that is unlimited (grandfathered plan).

Bross Bouncer, u find new mirrors yet?

The galaxy is the best phone out of those, I didn't read the rest
The galaxy was the one I like the least out of the 3 actually. Battery on the Droid trumps the other 2. I don't do anything super crazy with mine, mainly texting, phone, gps, etc.

You'll want unlimited if this is the case.

I'm don't consider myself a heavy user and besides some texts to Angel and snapchat it gets used primary for work, I use about 2-2.5Gb/month.

We have a 4G LTE modem cause Comcast is the only game in town and they want an absurd amount to connect us. On the modem we use about 180-210Gb/month, thankfully that is unlimited (grandfathered plan).
Ya I know I'll want to keep unlimited if that is the case, I'm just not sure if it will come to that. Not spending all that money for the phone would be nice, and having the tablet would be useful, but I'm just unsure if trying to keep unlimited in that off chance that I use it for this case would be worthwhile.

For the last 4-5 months or so, I think I was at just over 1gb, except for one month where I hit 2.

I tend to stream a lot of tv shows/movies. What do you do that gets you to ~200gb per month?

Bill is using that instead of an actual internet line at his house.

I understood that, which was why I was asking him what he did to reach the 200gb. I tend to stream tv/movies on my internet right now, but don't have an idea of my usage.

I understood that, which was why I was asking him what he did to reach the 200gb. I tend to stream tv/movies on my internet right now, but don't have an idea of my usage.
We don't have cable or sat TV either so that is streaming video if we want to watch anything.

It works well for us since most of the use is a single video stream, pandora during the day for Angel, web surfing, or RDP/VPN into work. No gaming or anything like that; I am not sure the ping times would be very good. I've got the modem in the attic to get the best signal and usually about 80-120ms ping, 14-17Mbps down, and 7-10Mbps up.

Last edited:

You can threaten to cancel your service and there is a button they can push to let you keep unlimited data. They can do it. They don't want to.

THe NAC Lots-O-Post Thread

If he can do everything he needs to do without a problem on what he has now, then I'm pretty sure it doesn't suck.

I can't hear you over the sound of my internet

yraqaba4.jpg

Geez, Bill that's slow. I pull 30/20. Sucks living in the sticks!
Eh, it works. Going from the connection at work to it is noticeable but it isn't the end of the world as I'd rather spend time off the devices and using tools instead.

I can't hear you over the sound of my internet

http://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/06/02/yraqaba4.jpg
The cable company is running the fiber for our new connection at work this morning... :firedevil
Oh let him have this one little victory. The poor guy lives on long island.
:laugh:

Back