• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

THe NAC Lots-O-BFG KO2 Thread

Re: THe NAC Lots-O-Post Thread

I love that RS took forever to mail my stuff out now I just got 5 emails saying it shipped. I really hope I get 5 of my order. That is if I only get charged for 1.

Got to try out the rifle rest my brother-in-law got me for Christmas.

029_zps37dd8f9f.jpg

14169103925_e4c4383146_c.jpg

Pretty happy with that for a .308 AK at 200 yards, 2x7 scope. Started with the group a little high on the right and walked it right down to the center, with 3 overlapping holes sitting on the X.

(and @ Travis: that Springfield .22 put a full tube on paper at 200 yards with the fixed sights too...that little thing is fun!)

Blurry snapchat gear pattern check FTW.
You guys did fine, didn't need me really. Did you ever try that .003" or just leave it alone and the eat wings?

No, with the new bearings everything setup nice, BL ended up at like 0.007". Took longer to get the preload shims correct.

Bill, with a few guys I work with.

Colin, you say a year before you buy more- I say 3 months at most. Your shotgun is awesome for shotgun things but it's not something you take to the range and blast away with. Get a 10/22.

Chris, looks like fun.

Along the lines of what Ken said, is there a process for filing a claim for vehicle damage due to road conditions?

Ken, why don't you get glass coverage? It would have paid for itself so many times over for you by now if not only monetarily but also in aggravation.

I'm wicked early at the airport. Oh well. Better than being the guy that they are paging. Been there done that sprinting through Atlanta haha

I have glass coverage.

The first one I paid for myself because I wanted the rubber trim, so I had to tell them a different year than it actually is. Insurance company freaks the **** out if you try to do anything like that, even if it's the same damn glass, because understanding that requires conscious thought rather than rote paperwork shuffling.

The second one I did the same thing (it was gonna be workmanship warranty but ended up being a claim because there was a tiny chip right on the crack I hadn't spotted) and they were like screw it, we'll just put the claim in with the insurance company for what it's supposed to have, if it costs less than what we would have charged you, we'll square up later. I'm fine with that.

The third one... I doubt insurance is going to cover another windshield two freaking days after the last one. They get pissy about that sort of thing.

Most policies cover 5 per year, they just don't want to tell you that

When's your inspection up?

****ing JANUARY.

Jeep's been kicking me in the balls. Cracked windshield a week before it was due, by the time it was replaced, the ebrake cables fell apart. Replaced em with Dorman ones (never buy Dorman if you can avoid it), they lasted for... oh... one e-brake application. Then the rockers blew out, so I have to weld new ones in. Then the replacement windshield got chipped, then the CEL came on, I forget what came next but basically every time I fix something, something else breaks. I was finally down to the rocker panels (which I was gonna booger weld together tonight just to get a sticker) and it gets ****ing rock chipped again.

I bet I get an inspection ticket on my way home. That would be my luck.

(and @ Travis: that Springfield .22 put a full tube on paper at 200 yards with the fixed sights too...that little thing is fun!)
old springfield tube fed? Dad's had one since forever. When it starts with the FTF and jams the nose of bullets into the top of the chamber it needs cleaned. Pretty much every 250 rounds you need to pop the action out and hose it down. Make sure you don't overtighten the action bolt, or you compress the wood stock and it's forever loose, like a garand.
Get a 10/22.

meh, you can shoot x39 AK for what .22 costs these days.
Buy AK.

old springfield tube fed? Dad's had one since forever. When it starts with the FTF and jams the nose of bullets into the top of the chamber it needs cleaned. Pretty much every 250 rounds you need to pop the action out and hose it down. Make sure you don't overtighten the action bolt, or you compress the wood stock and it's forever loose, like a garand.

Yep, sounds about right. It did start jamming up towards the end of the day.

I haven't cleaned it since I got it from Travis a year and a half ago, and it was pretty filthy then. :laugh:

It's an 87A and has the weird looking little vents on the side of the chamber, and the bolt that you can pin closed so it doesn't cycle. The stock is a little loose but it still shoots really nicely.

I changed to the .22 after I'd taken the .308 off the rest and put about 20 rounds through it freehand...it didn't even feel like the ****in thing was shooting at all. :laugh: Zero noise and just a polite little action on the bolt is strange after getting kicked by the AK action 60 times in a row.

****ing JANUARY.

Jeep's been kicking me in the balls. Cracked windshield a week before it was due, by the time it was replaced, the ebrake cables fell apart. Replaced em with Dorman ones (never buy Dorman if you can avoid it), they lasted for... oh... one e-brake application. Then the rockers blew out, so I have to weld new ones in. Then the replacement windshield got chipped, then the CEL came on, I forget what came next but basically every time I fix something, something else breaks. I was finally down to the rocker panels (which I was gonna booger weld together tonight just to get a sticker) and it gets ****ing rock chipped again.

... and you make fun of us for not driving shitboxes. :D

What did you do to the 5T this weekend?

... and you make fun of us for not driving shitboxes. :D

What did you do to the 5T this weekend?

I would like a nice car sometime but I would have to spend way more than I can afford. And I'm running out of things to replace on this piece of shit :laugh:

Remaining: rear axle, wiring harness (80% of it anyways...), seats/interior plastics/dash, front axle, control arms, coil springs, swaybar, some engine accessories, doors, 80% of the transfer case, and the chassis.
Replaced so far:
driveshafts
o2 sensors
full exhaust
engine
transmission
ECU
battery
alternator
PS pump
parts of wiring harness
entire front clip
heater core
SYE installed
trans crossmember
rear leafs
gas tank, twice
all brake lines
all brake everything, except the MC and booster
shocks all around
swaybar links
radiator
airbags (had none when I got it)
track bar
all tie rods
unit bearings
ujoints
balljoints

There is more on the list but I don't even remember everything anymore.

That's... about it. And the rear axle, seats, control arms, coil springs, and a few other things are likely next on the replacement list.

Then I'll probably get a clean straight rust free chassis and spend a marathon weekend moving everything over because I like pain and suffering.

I tore the whole top end off the motor. As of 1AM, the heads are back on and torqued, pushrods back in, still needs the rockers, manifolds, turbo, injectors, valve lash set, all 3 wires reattached (extremely complex electrical system on this vehicle), fuel lines reattached, cooling system refilled and an oil change. Hoping to have it ready for GTD this weekend.

Last edited:

Yep, sounds about right. It did start jamming up towards the end of the day.

I haven't cleaned it since I got it from Travis a year and a half ago, and it was pretty filthy then. :laugh:

It's an 87A and has the weird looking little vents on the side of the chamber, and the bolt that you can pin closed so it doesn't cycle. The stock is a little loose but it still shoots really nicely.

I changed to the .22 after I'd taken the .308 off the rest and put about 20 rounds through it freehand...it didn't even feel like the ****in thing was shooting at all. :laugh: Zero noise and just a polite little action on the bolt is strange after getting kicked by the AK action 60 times in a row.

yep, sounds like the same rifle. Dads has little vents in the receiver too.

guaranteed your jamming goes away after you clean it. You don't even have to strip it down or anything, just clean the worst of the gunk out with some spray cleaner and reassemble. Only reason to pull the action is so you don't hose up the stock, if the stocks nasty, F it and just hose away.

****ing JANUARY.

ken stein overly complicating car ownership since 1986

Ken should of scrapped all of his uni bodies a long time ago and just fixed the 5 ton. There is no other vehicle on the planet that could fit him better

I still need to talk to Turbo Joe, but assuming it's all bolted back together in time, here's hoping.

ken stein overly complicating car ownership since 1986

what the **** exactly do you think I should do then, I told you why I did things how I did. So what the hell is the ****ing answer einstein

what the **** exactly do you think I should do then, I told you why I did things how I did. So what the hell is the ****ing answer einstein
sell all your shit boxes and projects that have been collecting rust and pool that money together and buy a used but in good condition car and then resist the urge to do anything to it except for normal maintenance

Ken you have the worst ****ing luck

Back