• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

THe NAC Lots-O-BFG KO2 Thread

Re: THe NAC Lots-O-Post Thread

Slammed my finger between a piece of season'd oak and the woodchipper yesterday (thankfully I had gloves on). Tried to play it off, got little sleep 'cause I kept hitting it. Twice the size of normal now & purple. Could be broken... maybe I should get it looked at but I don't want to sit around for hours to have someone go "It is bruised".
Saturday I went with tpain and picked up Kate's wedding gift to me. Mossberg 12ga new with two barrels for $420. Bought a cheap gun case and some bird shot rounds and few slugs. Their locking cabinet was out of stock and Walmart didn't have the one I wanted (nor did Bass Pro) so I'll go back there later.

Dicked around with my brother's 68 charger yesterday and heard it for the first time. Thing sounds mean and is wicked snappy. The old cars didn't have a seperate ground wire for the alternator (grounds through the case) and it was arcing out on the bolt going into the head. Added a ground wire to an unused post on the case and all is good.

My dipstick should be here today so I'm going to drop the pan on Thursday night and head down to Gary's to handle that on Friday.
Are you supposed to do that? I don't think Angel and I did gifts for each other. Sweet though, when we doing to test her out? (the Mossberg, not Kate)
Going to CA for work today. short trip, back Thursday... Should be interesting
Which part?

I'd get the finger looked at, that sounds painful.

Apparently you're supposed to do that. I'm buying her some kind of perfume she wants to wear at the wedding.

I said sure, perfect excuse to blow money on a gun.

And I'm down to test it out whenever. I was planning on going to a place in Hollis with Scott at some point for their meeting to check out the range there, but I think he said something about it being an indoor/handgun only range or something. I have to follow up with him.

It looks like my ring finger on my left hand was replaced with a grape Popsicle. It's not the pain that is the most bothersome (unless I bump it) it is the throbbing.

Let me know. I'm game anytime and will bring stuff along too.

Bill- Ouch. Your wife is a nurse... she might have some valuable input on the matter.

Port Hueneme about an hour North of LA. I've never been to CA before. I'm expecting that 3 nights will be more than enough in that area and I'll want to come home.

Colin- sweet. What's the next one going to be?

It looks like my ring finger on my left hand was replaced with a grape Popsicle. It's not the pain that is the most bothersome (unless I bump it) it is the throbbing.

Let me know. I'm game anytime and will bring stuff along too.

Balls, that sounds shitty.

Awesome, we'll be in touch. At some point after the honeymoon I definitely want to go.

The resort we're staying at in VT has clay shooting on site. I should look into what it would take to just bring my shit along. I don't know VT gun laws. Probably looser than NH :laugh:.

Bill- Ouch. Your wife is a nurse... she might have some valuable input on the matter.

Port Hueneme about an hour North of LA. I've never been to CA before. I'm expecting that 3 nights will be more than enough in that area and I'll want to come home.

Next gun or?

I would have loved some brand of 1911. They just look badass to me.

I shot Scott's .45 1911. It was awesome.

VT has no gun laws - literally. Just bring your shit.

Yeah, I meant next gun. 1911's are sweet. I prefer the 1911 platform to any other semi-auto pistol in that I've shot. They can get expensive ($650 for an entry level 'good' one). Check out the S&W M&P .45 if the 1911 turns out to be too rich for your blood (currently).

Yeah I won't be buying another gun for at least another year.

Kate wanted a hobby we could both do together and I suggested shooting. She loved it when we went last time so I'm pumped haha.

Thanks for the advice though, I'm sure I'll be hitting up all of you before I make any purchases.

Yeah, I know. She's trying to get me to go and whatnot... but she's currently spending the day with Kate. I'll give it till tonight to get better then maybe I'll rethink it.

Traveling with someone or by yourself?

I'd get the finger looked at, that sounds painful.

Apparently you're supposed to do that. I'm buying her some kind of perfume she wants to wear at the wedding.

I said sure, perfect excuse to blow money on a gun.

And I'm down to test it out whenever. I was planning on going to a place in Hollis with Scott at some point for their meeting to check out the range there, but I think he said something about it being an indoor/handgun only range or something. I have to follow up with him.

So you are saying you are having a shotgun wedding. Well there be banjos playing and everyone is in their Sunday's best overalls

Got a new windshield Saturday. All the inspection stations were closed when it was done.

120 miles later.

Guess who just got a rock chip right in the middle of the drivers field of view in a construction zone on 495?

This is the sixth rock chip I have gotten this year and the third windshield that has had enough damage to not pass inspection this year. I paid for one out of pocket, insurance covered this one, no idea who is covering the next.

FML. I bet I get an inspection ticket on my way home.

Thinking I may call up MassDOT and see what they say. Not pleased at all.

Got a new windshield Saturday. All the inspection stations were closed when it was done.

120 miles later.

Guess who just got a rock chip right in the middle of the drivers field of view in a construction zone on 495?

This is the sixth rock chip I have gotten this year and the third windshield that has had enough damage to not pass inspection this year. I paid for one out of pocket, insurance covered this one, no idea who is covering the next.

FML. I bet I get an inspection ticket on my way home.

Thinking I may call up MassDOT and see what they say. Not pleased at all.

They're going to tell you to pound sand and that driving in a construction zone carries inherent risk blah blah.

They're going to tell you to pound sand and that driving in a construction zone carries inherent risk blah blah.

this sounds about right.

Glass replacement is the only reason I keep a low comprehensive deductible.

I guess I should start throwing gravel out the window every time I pass a massdot truck.

this sounds about right.

Glass replacement is the only reason I keep a low comprehensive deductible.

I just had my comprehensive cover this one on Saturday. They're not going to be pleased.

I would have loved some brand of 1911. They just look badass to me.

I shot Scott's .45 1911. It was awesome.
.22 tcm is next on my pistol list.
http://www.shotgunnews.com/2013/01/09/smallbore-slabsides-rock-island-armory-22-tcm-review/
VT has no gun laws - literally. Just bring your shit.

Yeah, I meant next gun. 1911's are sweet. I prefer the 1911 platform to any other semi-auto pistol in that I've shot. They can get expensive ($650 for an entry level 'good' one). Check out the S&W M&P .45 if the 1911 turns out to be too rich for your blood (currently).

Rock Island man, nice 1911's for $400. I've shot several, you'll be hard pressed to find a better deal.

If Dundy's HP60 blows up, we get to blame Bill. He said everything looked good so we kept drinking and assembled the axle, shit looks mint. And now I no longer have axles all over my garage, time to get working on the Nova again!!

Oh yeah, I bought another nv4500 and some cool stuff at the swap meet.

Blurry snapchat gear pattern check FTW.
You guys did fine, didn't need me really. Did you ever try that .003" or just leave it alone and the eat wings?

Back