• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

THe NAC Lots-O-BFG KO2 Thread

Re: THe NAC Lots-O-Post Thread

Speaking of ring gears and whatnot, I think I'm likely going to order the gears and install kits this week...Bill, you recommend calling Complete Offroad, IIRC? Anyone else know of good places to shop for a couple quality d44 gearsets for cheap?? Thanks :)

If I do order the gears this week, I'll order the Superiors for the front next week. :woohoo: :)

Speaking of ring gears and whatnot, I think I'm likely going to order the gears and install kits this week...Bill, you recommend calling Complete Offroad, IIRC? Anyone else know of good places to shop for a couple quality d44 gearsets for cheap?? Thanks :)

If I do order the gears this week, I'll order the Superiors for the front next week. :woohoo: :)

Did you check with National Drivetrain on here? I got a dana/spicer d44 gearset for cheap from there. Complete Offroad is good too though, I ordered my lubelockers from there and they were really friendly.

You recalled incorrect. ;)
I never recommended them at all, I've never ordered from them. Something about 'no-name' gearsets that 'might' be Yukons just doesn't work for me. (Now before we get into a debate over this, yes I am well aware some of you have used them).

Try calling NAXJA vendors first. A phone conversion is usually the best way.

Some of the places I've used for axle parts:
Dave @ Northridge4x4
Dan @ Loose Nuts Enterprises
Wayne @ AllJeep
Doug @ Extreme Axle Sales

Last edited:

Dave @ Northridge kicks @$$.

I met Doug @ Extreme Axle Sales down at Carlisle too and ordered my front Yukon gearset from him.

Both awesome guys to deal with.

Does Papa Ginos sell gearsets? If so, I recommend Papa Ginos.

i guess ill make some phone calls fri when i get home, still got a month to get my rig together

whooo boreddddd

i did my mornings work in 15 minutes. billing 4.5 hours. thats about par for the course here. holy waste!

very outstanding. feel free to use your remaining time hunting for deals on 5.13s for a hp44 with install kit, and 5.13s for lp44 with install kit. :)

so I just requested a ton of quotes from Pirate vendors(PMed vendors here awhile back, don't think they got booted from first in line heh) so I'll see who says what for pricing and then go from there.

Does Papa Ginos sell gearsets? If so, I recommend Papa Ginos.
I used to work at Papa Ginos back in highschool. I miss getting free food from there.

You recalled incorrect. ;)
I never recommended them at all, I've never ordered from them. Something about 'no-name' gearsets that 'might' be Yukons just doesn't work for me. (Now before we get into a debate over this, yes I am well aware some of you have used them).

Travis you are probably thinking of when I was telling Colin to go to Complete Offroad.

Bill, I ordered my 44 gears and install kit from Complete Offroad. I was a little hesitant at first because they didn't list a name, but I checked things out, and even though it doesn't list a name, it does list a Yukon part number. Sure enough, when the gears showed up at my doorstep, the box was a Yukon box, and the gears had YK stamped on them.

So I get home from work yesterday, then about 2 hours later, I get in my red jeep to go back out, and the check engine light is on. wtf? There is supposed to be rain until next week, and I move back to Boston on Sunday, so it doesn't look like I'll be doing anything about it. I might check in to autozone and get it read, unless Napa does code readings.

Travis you are probably thinking of when I was telling Colin to go to Complete Offroad.

Bill, I ordered my 44 gears and install kit from Complete Offroad. I was a little hesitant at first because they didn't list a name, but I checked things out, and even though it doesn't list a name, it does list a Yukon part number. Sure enough, when the gears showed up at my doorstep, the box was a Yukon box, and the gears had YK stamped on them.

:doh: I'm such a dummy sometimes. Then again the lack of sleep last night might be affecting my memory as well :) I'll keep them in mind, in that case. Thanks for the clarification Mark! Wish I could help with your CEL issue but I don't know the first thing about dealing with OBD II :( Good luck though

:doh: I'm such a dummy sometimes. Then again the lack of sleep last night might be affecting my memory as well :) I'll keep them in mind, in that case. Thanks for the clarification Mark! Wish I could help with your CEL issue but I don't know the first thing about dealing with OBD II :( Good luck though

Not a problem.

As far as the check engine light, it doesn't matter much, I just need this thing to last me until end of August so I can get back and forth to Boston. There is a 95% chance its getting parted after that.

The engine has a blown head gasket.

Oil in the overflow bottle and all along the side of the block for the win.

Last edited:

Also, does anyone have any stock upper control arms they don't want?
I've been hearing a knocking noise going over bumps lately, and I just looked, it looks like the bushing on my upper doesn't really have much bushing left.

Is there any wheeling to do this weekend? If not, anyone down for this Sunday. Ross is bringing the J20 down to Crown either today or tomorrow so I'll get my new driveshaft off that and be ready by Friday.

double post....in this thread to boot!! :nono:

Also, does anyone have any stock upper control arms they don't want?
I've been hearing a knocking noise going over bumps lately, and I just looked, it looks like the bushing on my upper doesn't really have much bushing left.

My DD has a nice knock as well... does your's go away under braking? I think mine may be a broken brake pad but when I took a quick look at everything I noticed the same thing with my UCA bushings as well...

Stupid rotbox stock height 2 door daily drivers.... Hasta

:D :D

Back