• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

THe NAC Lots-O-BFG KO2 Thread

Re: THe NAC Lots-O-Post Thread

How often do you hear of an Atlas "wearing out"? All I meant was, a used atlas is no problemo. You don't need to spend the cost of new to get the benefits, that's all im sayinnn

Agreed.

But I'd bet the reason you don't hear of an Atlas wearing out is for a multitude of reasons including people probably take real good care of them considering they've dumped thousands of dollars into them, and availability. Why spend that effort on a $75 NP205 when they can just go grab another one?

And there's no way to compare used stuff. I wouldn't believe that no one out there has ever purchased an Atlas that needed to be rebuilt with a bearing or seal here and there.

On the flip side, my NP205 needed nothing. I didn't even HAVE to reseal it. I just had to rip it apart to twin stick it. And it was $75.

I'm confused. The precise reason I wanted an Atlas was so I could ignore it.

Hmmm.

I need a new windshield in the MJ by Friday or Saturday at the latest.

GlassAmerica quoted me 230 and told me they probably wouldn't do it since the frame is rusty.

Some place in Southbridge quoted me 180 and said they could do it tomorrow.

I have a junkyard windshield with a tiny crack in the lower passenger corner sitting in my living room.

I have Chris Bradley's old windshield with a UJ banner sticker and a massive amount of weld and angle grinder spatter on the inside sitting in my living room.

I can't get ahold of Merlina.

I have the right adhesive and also large quantities of liquid nails and bathroom caulking.

A penny for your thoughts...

It seems simple, but I'm 0/10 when it comes to successful windshield jobs. Most of the failures were in removal of the donor glass though. :laugh:

I'd probably just buck up the $180 and be done with it.

I've never broken one while pulling it, aside from that one I tried to pull out of Travis' old XJ while Carmelo was freezing his balls off while cutting the LA kit off the underside. Glue was rock solid and I had a horrible removal tool. And I've pulled four or five now.

It's real tempting to just pay the 180 but I don't really feel like spending that cash if I don't have to. That's food for a month at least.

The atlas that travis has is somthin like 7 years old and has been in 3 comp rigs without issue there easily the most badass case there is cept whatever bigffot uses

Withthat being said your looking at 2400 shiped for a atlas with 32 spline outputs and cv yokes. Only way your gonna get a new one for 2k is with the 28 spline frt output and reg yokes, I got mine for 2600 with flanges but sold em on pirate and got cv's. Face it coilin mine and travis's tcaes are way cooler then yours so stfu

On a standard rackmount APC UPS can the battery be swapped while the unit it powered on? There are no warning labels and so I guess I'm about to find out. I don't want to take down 1/4 of my "datacenter". :laugh:

You don't really want to since it's not nice to the UPS, but my SU3300RMNET ran for a day with no batteries due to the idiocy of the residential services advisors at my school in 2008. It was pissed off, beeping, and warmed up pretty bad but it seems to have survived.

On a standard rackmount APC UPS can the battery be swapped while the unit it powered on? There are no warning labels and so I guess I'm about to find out. I don't want to take down 1/4 of my "datacenter". :laugh:

Translation please

O fo lunch today was a chicken breast topped with smoked bacon and lobster

Withthat being said your looking at 2400 shiped for a atlas with 32 spline outputs and cv yokes. Only way your gonna get a new one for 2k is with the 28 spline frt output and reg yokes, I got mine for 2600 with flanges but sold em on pirate and got cv's. Face it coilin mine and travis's tcaes are way cooler then yours so stfu

But mine has two tone paint! :laugh:

You don't really want to since it's not nice to the UPS, but my SU3300RMNET ran for a day with no batteries due to the idiocy of the residential services advisors at my school in 2008. It was pissed off, beeping, and warmed up pretty bad but it seems to have survived.
It is a smt2200rm2u if that matters.
Translation please

O fo lunch today was a chicken breast topped with smoked bacon and lobster
Battery replacement on a battery backup for a rack of servers.

I got that text yesterday. We NEVER had anything even close to that good in school. Jealous.

It is a smt2200rm2u if that matters.

Battery replacement on a battery backup for a rack of servers.

I got that text yesterday. We NEVER had anything even close to that good in school. Jealous.
I'd bet on it being fine. Make the swap as quick as you can, obviously, and make sure your backups are up to date... :laugh2:

I really love UPSes with external battery connectors - that way you can get a spare pack, plug it into the external connector, then unplug the internal pack, put the new one in, and unplug the external.

231s are the bees knees motherXXXXers
they're so good I'm gonna have TWO of them

in ONE jeep

that's right

Back