• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

THe NAC Lots-O-BFG KO2 Thread

Re: THe NAC Lots-O-Post Thread

Hopefully not :(

I doubt it though. My uncle has broken in a shitload of engines with a select few failures. Mostly due to shitty parts bought by the owner I guess (trying to pinch pennies in bad spots).

Zip tie the carb open and wait like twenty minutes. What's so hard about that.

I should've said built instead of broken in.

The break-in isn't the hard part, it's everything leading up to that.

I'm honestly not worried about it.

Anyone have a 97+ rear hatch sitting around? I need the locking mechanism out of it... my hatch is being held shut from the inside with a cargo strap...

Anyone have a 97+ rear hatch sitting around? I need the locking mechanism out of it... my hatch is being held shut from the inside with a cargo strap...
I believe I just threw out all the hardware for the rear hatch, seatbelts, interior items, a whole bunch of stock stuff this past weekend. I had posted it a few times and got sick of looking at it for months. I'll double check look tonight to be sure that box didn't already head to the dump, but I can swear I remember tossing it in the bin. Sorry. :(
Plus (Ken correct me if I am wrong) you'd need a key for it so it wouldn't help anyway.

I think the lock tumbler can be swapped out but I've honestly never tried.

Shit, I need to get up to your place to pick up those shafts sometime.

I think the lock tumbler can be swapped out but I've honestly never tried.

Shit, I need to get up to your place to pick up those shafts sometime.
Out of everything on that list those shafts are honestly the only thing that isn't in the way. No rush.
Everything else is gone execpt for them and Mark's rear cargo mat.

Hah.

Break-in is probably happening on Sunday. Going to double check my uncle is around.

I'm pumped to hear how it sounds with my shitty exhaust :D

Hey that muffler is XXXXing awsome!

Guy on NEOW thinks that an Atlas isn't much more than a doubler.

Don't Atlas's start at like $2000 for even a 2 speed one?

I have a hair over $1000 into my 241/205 setup.

I believe I just threw out all the hardware for the rear hatch, seatbelts, interior items, a whole bunch of stock stuff this past weekend. I had posted it a few times and got sick of looking at it for months. I'll double check look tonight to be sure that box didn't already head to the dump, but I can swear I remember tossing it in the bin. Sorry. :(
Plus (Ken correct me if I am wrong) you'd need a key for it so it wouldn't help anyway.

I need the latching mechanism. The part that's towards the inside of the door. If you have it AWESOME! If not, oh well... Thanks for looking!

Guy on NEOW thinks that an Atlas isn't much more than a doubler.

Don't Atlas's start at like $2000 for even a 2 speed one?

I have a hair over $1000 into my 241/205 setup.

That's cool. I have a hair over $1000 into my world map :D

Yeah used is an entirely different situation.

Yes and no...atlases don't really wear out, and most parts used to make a doubler are often already decades old. So I guess the guy might have a point, but that makes the assumption that you're able to find an atlas used as easily as you could find the parts for a doubler.

I'm gonna have around $500 into my doubler setup thanks to Chris (assuming I spend a bit over a hundred on shifters, driveshaft mods, fluid, etc.) And a crawl ratio of ~100 with 3.55 axle gears. And driveshafts that really hate me.

I know the basic concept of a doubler, but can yall explain how it's made?

Is it really that simple? I've heard you have to chop one up and then attach it...

Yes and no...atlases don't really wear out, and most parts used to make a doubler are often already decades old. So I guess the guy might have a point, but that makes the assumption that you're able to find an atlas used as easily as you could find the parts for a doubler.

Atlas's are just another transfer case. Of course they can wear out. They're not magical. They have bearings and seals just like anything else.

And rebuilding was the least cost out of anything. It was $10 to throw a new bearing and seal in the NP241, and $40 to throw new gaskets at the NP205. If I had to rebuild the NP205, it would have cost me another $100.

How often do you hear of NP/NV cases "wearing out" with under 100k miles on them?

I'm not saying an Atlas 4 speed wouldn't be cool, but it's a lot of cake that I could dump into my engine :laugh:

Atlas's are just another transfer case. Of course they can wear out. They're not magical. They have bearings and seals just like anything else.

And rebuilding was the least cost out of anything. It was $10 to throw a new bearing and seal in the NP241, and $40 to throw new gaskets at the NP205. If I had to rebuild the NP205, it would have cost me another $100.

How often do you hear of NP/NV cases "wearing out" with under 100k miles on them?

I'm not saying an Atlas 4 speed wouldn't be cool, but it's a lot of cake that I could dump into my engine :laugh:

How often do you hear of an Atlas "wearing out"? All I meant was, a used atlas is no problemo. You don't need to spend the cost of new to get the benefits, that's all im sayinnn

Back