• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

THe NAC Lots-O-BFG KO2 Thread

Re: THe NAC Lots-O-Post Thread

guy wants to paypal me a grand tonight and have his buddy pick up the tires tomorrow. he says his buddy is going out to sea and thats the only time he can do it.

ill be able to see the grand in my paypal account. but shit wont be in my bank for 3-4 business days.

what do i do?
As many of us said, NO!
Have his friend bring the cash in hand or no deal. If his friend is leaving how the heck is he getting the tires to him in VA?
i'd do it sam. paypal pulls the money from HIS account and holds it. his bank wont hold it up, so thats not a worry. the transaction will fail immediately if the bank flags it. i've been getting my paypal funds in less than 24 hours the past few times i've transferred them over, but thats not just paypal, thats your bank too, so YMMV.

take precautions? type out a transaction agreement, get the dudes plate number.
Works great until he files a dispute and Sam as no tracking information to give him since it was face to face. A piece of paper won't prove anything to them. They'll give it back to the buyer. Read the stories. PayPal is anti-seller huge.
Sounds like a shitty friend.

I would gladly take $1000 from any of you and drive hundreds of miles away with it.
:laugh:
x2, if he really wants the XXXXing things he'll make this happen.
X3.

Works great until he files a dispute and Sam as no tracking information to give him since it was face to face. A piece of paper won't prove anything to them. They'll give it back to the buyer. Read the stories. PayPal is anti-seller huge.

yea i guess. im dealing with paypal 95% of the time on ebay, so its much easier to do stuff there.

im having the most awesome haggling session with keith right now.

its actually the other way around, because i already get all that, but nice try.

gah matlab was using 5 gigs of ram and counting while not doing anything, i think there might be a memory leak some where

seems like the dude convinced his buddy to hand me cash. the creeps should be sold tonight.

Got it yesterday! Just in time for the weather to turn warm again.

Sam, I owe ya some beers next time we're up there.

i just didnt want you to get it all dirty while wrenching with it on in the cold.

Back