• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

THe NAC Lots-O-BFG KO2 Thread

Re: THe NAC Lots-O-Post Thread

That sounds like an idea with absolutely no redeeming qualities whatsoever.

I read it as "let me part out my built XJ and sell my late model sports car, to end up with a shittier sports car and a less-built rig".

I called your boss. You're all set for the rest of the day... And forever. :angel:

that's cool. thanks

That sounds like an idea with absolutely no redeeming qualities whatsoever.

I read it as "let me part out my built XJ and sell my late model sports car, to end up with a shittier sports car and a less-built rig".
I know what you're saying and partially agree; that's part of the big reason I'm having a hard time convincing myself to go through with this... but I'm pretty close to pulling the trigger.
  1. It will probably put $10k into my bank account.
  2. I'll get back to having a capable yet comfortable and reliable Jeep that can be used for DD duty if/when need be.
  3. I'll have a clean MJ, something I've wanted for a while
  4. I'll have an older sports car (I love fox bodies so it's personal preference there, I found one with fewer miles than my current mustang) that I can work on and build for A LOT less money than my late model car. I ALMOST bought a fox back when I bought my '05 and there have been quite a few times I regretted not doing so.
  5. Insurance will be significantly cheaper, esp if I get an insurance increase when I renew due to last year's debacle.

no. I'm at work
How did yesterday go? I wanted to make it... :(
Next time I guess. BTW, my wrist has a huge bruise on it. :moon:
Insurance will be significantly cheaper, esp if I get an insurance increase when I renew due to last year's debacle.
FYI, for the same type (sport car, SUV, truck, etc) vehicle insurance generally does DOWN with the newer vehicle, in my experience. When I went from my '03 1500 to my '06 2500HD I saved about $150 a year. When Angel got her '08 Fusion it went down about $200 from the '00 XJ. I think it has to do with safety features and whatnot. Excise taxes however always go up.

How did yesterday go? I wanted to make it... :(
Next time I guess. BTW, my wrist has a huge bruise on it. :moon:

it was great. we were there for almost four hours, and between the 4 or 5 of us that went there was a truckbed overflowing with weaponry :D

Sorry about the bruise, but ya earned it :D

FYI, for the same type (sport car, SUV, truck, etc) vehicle insurance generally does DOWN with the newer vehicle, in my experience. When I went from my '03 1500 to my '06 2500HD I saved about $150 a year. When Angel got her '08 Fusion it went down about $200 from the '00 XJ. I think it has to do with safety features and whatnot. Excise taxes however always go up.

Interesting... never experienced that myself but good to know. Will give my insurance agent a call and see what she says.

Going from '93 XJ to '08 altima was about the same (I also got a bunch of discounts at the same time, which is why I figured the altima was the same as an older XJ).

Going from '08 altima to '05 Mustang, it was slightly less expensive for the Mustang.

And as much as taxes go down it's kindof a moot point... IIRC the excise taxes on the '05 Mustang were like $20 more than they were for the XJ which is fairly negligible.

1. I ALMOST bought a fox back when I bought my '05 and there have been quite a few times I regretted not doing so.

I know its personal preference and all, but I don't know how anyone can regret buying a newer style '05 Mustang with more modern features, and not going with probably the worst styling mustang ever built.

I know its personal preference and all, but I don't know how anyone can regret buying a newer style '05 Mustang with more modern features, and not going with probably the worst styling mustang ever built.

Financials, that's about it.

I agree about the styling. Fox bodies look like dogshit.

:laugh: yeah... I love my current car but half of what I like about cars is working on them (as much as I don't seem to do much of that to my current XJ). I love foxes and have always wanted to build one... With frame/chassis stiffeners, a 6 point cage, a cobra IRS setup with suspension, and maybe a couple other tweaks they can outperform (in terms of handling) much newer cars; pretty sure they even held their own against late model mustangs.

I could build a fully stiffened IRS fox (with additional power adders) for half of what I could sell my car for. I like the modern luxuries but don't see a need for them. As long as I have a comfortable seat (can always add that later) and a half decent stereo I'm OK. I'm fine with doing a little bit of maintenance work every month or so, just so long as I'm not required to spend hours every weekend on it.

I know what you're saying and partially agree; that's part of the big reason I'm having a hard time convincing myself to go through with this... but I'm pretty close to pulling the trigger.
  1. It will probably put $10k into my bank account.
  2. I'll get back to having a capable yet comfortable and reliable Jeep that can be used for DD duty if/when need be.
  3. I'll have a clean MJ, something I've wanted for a while
  4. I'll have an older sports car (I love fox bodies so it's personal preference there, I found one with fewer miles than my current mustang) that I can work on and build for A LOT less money than my late model car. I ALMOST bought a fox back when I bought my '05 and there have been quite a few times I regretted not doing so.
  5. Insurance will be significantly cheaper, esp if I get an insurance increase when I renew due to last year's debacle.
So yoir gonna bnuy older vechicles that are shittier then what you got now and will need even more work, good luck on finding a clean fox or mj

PS anyone know how to make a mustang fast?

Drop a LS1 into it. Lawls

The only car I like less than a foxbody is that nissan cube abortion. And maybe some saturns.

Why the hell are we talking about mustangs again?

Here, change of subject.

nzv8-26-1968-plymouth-barracuda-fastback-19.jpg

Those tires aren't nearly wide enough.

Back