• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

THe NAC Lots-O-BFG KO2 Thread

Re: THe NAC Lots-O-Post Thread

Kens yard is an adult playground.
I don't know about this "adult" thing you speak of. :anon:

It needs more bucket loaders and a really big pile of dirt to XXXX around with. And maybe a crane. THEN I would call it a proper playground.

Billy, if I end up doing this, I'm gonna want to buy that trans off you asap. Hell, I'll stop by and pull it myself if that means I get it faster :laugh2: also I forgot to talk to you about firewood today.

i'll be around all next weekend. Hopefully i'll have it out for you this week.

Ooooh, gotcha.

I'm not even sure I'll be parting it at all... just thinking. I realize (and this is entirely my fault) that I don't use my Jeep as much as I should. I made a (somewhat conservative) price list and could probably end up with $4500 for all my shit and I'm wondering if the Jeep is really worth keeping with how I use it.

The problem is that I know I'd want to get back into Jeeps eventually and would have to start all over once I buy a house and can have the extra space for another car. Granted when I start over I'll be able to build something much cheaper as I'd be smarter about the build with what I have already learned this time around, but I still have a hard time with the idea of selling/parting my Jeep :(

i'll be around all next weekend. Hopefully i'll have it out for you this week.
ok, cool. If you don't have time don't worry about it, I'll help pull it.

Ooooh, gotcha.

I'm not even sure I'll be parting it at all... just thinking. I realize (and this is entirely my fault) that I don't use my Jeep as much as I should. I made a (somewhat conservative) price list and could probably end up with $4500 for all my shit and I'm wondering if the Jeep is really worth keeping with how I use it.

The problem is that I know I'd want to get back into Jeeps eventually and would have to start all over once I buy a house and can have the extra space for another car. Granted when I start over I'll be able to build something much cheaper as I'd be smarter about the build with what I have already learned this time around, but I still have a hard time with the idea of selling/parting my Jeep :(

sell the mustang, start using the jeep more

Howd I know someone would say that :laugh3:

It's not that I HAVE to sell one of my vehicles. Honestly, if I do part the Jeep I'd probably buy another project car, but it would be something more DD friendly.

I just have so many different projects I'd love to start right now that I'd get MUCH more use out of than the Jeep. I would end up building something that I can DD in place of the Mustang... no matter what I do to it the Jeep won't be suitable for DD status so that's a tough part of it.

I have been considering parting my XJ and building a very mild street-focused MJ so I can keep it in the Jeep family but that's not set in stone... I have a few other project vehicles I'm interested in as well so i just don't know at this point.

it was 8:05 liar

duh you're a liar

you want to be impeached from your position of lying? why? i can think of no one to replace you that would do a better job.

LIAR.

improper use, perhaps...abuse? that's quite a stretch pal.

go play with a 440. speaking of which, you working today or doing jeep stuff?

no. I'm at work

Been at work since 8. Hope to be out of here in an hour or 2 though. On a plus side I got the best parking spot in the lot :laugh3: One of 5 cars here :doh:

I might be out of the Jeep game for about 6 months but I think that by late summer I should be back. Thinking I might part the XJ, buy an older, low mileage car (maybe a Mustang foxbody, still undecided), sell the 2005 Mustang over the summer if the older car proves reliable for a couple months, and pick up a clean stock MJ.

If that happens I plan to keep the MJ super mild. Maybe 1" BB, 31" tires, 3.55s or 4.10s, AX-15, NP242. Detours backbone up front and recovery points out back. That way it will be more-or-less stock, reliable, and still a bit capable on easy trails. Plus insurance and taxes go down.

Back