• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

THe NAC Lots-O-BFG KO2 Thread

Re: THe NAC Lots-O-Post Thread

Anyone know how many posts I need in order to post a classified?

NAXJA doesn't limit where you can post to the amount of post you have like other sites. You can post in the chapter classifieds just fine, but to utilize the national classified forum off the main page, you must be a paying member.

He was a little too shaken up for that, I think.

I've cleaned up plenty of dead things of medium size, but never had a mammal that large die right in front of me in such a gruesome fashion. I like to think I'd be ok with it, but I'm really not sure. I think it would depend on the smell. Smell more than sight is what gets to me.

haha my friends were in a roadkill fight a while back. One of my friends zip tied a raccoon spread eagle to the grill of another friends powerstroke. I was with the powerstroke kid when we stopped to grab a recently dead deer from the highway to retaliate.

When he went to lift it into the bed it emptied about a gallon of blood all over his white shirt and jeans. He stripped down right there dry heaving and we jumped back in the truck and left. :roflmao:

I may or may not have participated in throwing a dead shark in front of a fire house...

I used to work at a beach (where we got the shark), and we played the local fire dept in softball ever year. They happened to be named the sharks. They got us back by saving the shark, and throwing it in our dugout middle of one inning during the softball game.

Holy eventful evening! Rather than type on my phone i'll post it on break at work in the AM.

Good. In a nutshell, dude came and bought the camry and then their explorer died. Diagnostic travis came to the rescue, got it towed to my house and in the meantime went and bought an alternator. Got home, replaced the alternator and drove it to the dudes house. Cool guy so i only made $50 off it but i figured what the hell this is fun. Sort of, at least :laugh:

Thats the condensed version, but pretty much it. Good times :thumbup:

Definitely liking Beggars.

Weird how something so different from what I'm used to from those guys caught me like that.

Not weird, actually. Music nerd post, I doubt this will get any response, but that's ok. :laugh:

I love recordings without a lot of processing done on them. Autotune's the obvious thing, but beyond that, I love it when a band just sits down, records whatever the hell happens in the studio, and puts it out there.

A few examples that I like:

Incubus did this with Morningview.
Extreme (more than words, anyone?) did this with Waiting for the Punchline.
Dream Theater did this, somewhat, with Falling Into Infinity.
Van Halen did this with Van Halen III.
and Thrice did this with Beggars.

Most of these have become my favorite albums from these bands. And not everyone can pull it off...usually, the only bands that do this, and make it work, are the ones that have talent in the first place. The ones that don't, need a lot of post-processing or editing to even have something marketable.

Depending on the fan base, these kind of albums are usually hit-or-miss. The albums from Extreme, Dream Theater, and Van Halen were commercial bombs, because they were a total departure from what the bulk of their fans had come to expect. Extreme was either early-90's glam-rock or power-ballads; Dream Theater is progressive metal; Van Halen is, well, iconic guitar-rock that basically influenced the entire genre from the late-70's on.

But all of those albums were stripped down, just makin' music, screw tradition and stereotypes...and in these cases, I like that. Guys that got fed up with the demands of a record label or got burnt out on the stereotyping, and said let's just make a XXXXin' record.

It doesn't always work, but when it does, that's the stuff I really find great - and Thrice totally nailed it with Beggars. Maybe it's because I never had the advantage of expensive and complex post-processing in the recording I've done, but I've always thought that anything I put out there, I just want it to be me playing what I can and want to, to the best of my ability. And when mainstream or semi-pro artists do that, it tends to be pretty inspirational to me.

Here's to big live-room drum sounds, amp noise, mic bleed, ground loops, static, click tracks, squeaky pedals, broken strings, feedback, fret buzz, overdrive, strained vocals, and all those other things that make a recording real. We're all just in this to have fun, at the end of the day.

Goodnight. :D

edit: just bought a 16-track digital recorder to replace my 8-track. Y'all will be the first to know when I come up with something good. :)

Last edited:

blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah

You are not exempt from the 3-line rule...

methinks im picking up a miller/regency 250 with a s-22A feeder :) for very cheap

methinks im picking up a miller/regency 250 with a s-22A feeder :) for very cheap

The one on NEOW? Looks like a nice setup for a nice price. You should buy my Miller XMT304 too! ;)

i'm tired...butttt its friggin gorgeous outside, so I CAN'T WAIT TO WORK ON MY JEEP!!!! :D

When he went to lift it into the bed it emptied about a gallon of blood all over his white shirt and jeans. He stripped down right there dry heaving and we jumped back in the truck and left. :roflmao:
That's fairly gross. Must not have smelled that great either.

I've also noticed that dead fish smells distinctly different than dead mammal. I would wager that dead mammal smells a lot worse.

I rode to work today. Roads were wet now, should be an amazing ride home and to Amherst this afternoon.

The one on NEOW? Looks like a nice setup for a nice price. You should buy my Miller XMT304 too! ;)

I dunno I found it on ENH.

why would i need a 304? the regency 250 is a pretty good power supply and more than enough for what I'll be doing

Back