• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

THe NAC Lots-O-BFG KO2 Thread

Re: THe NAC Lots-O-Post Thread

is it pain to swap over a 98 auto to manual using a 99 xj, the jeep im looking at is auto but i was a 5 speed. My 99 is a 5 speed so i have all the parts. Does everything bolt up. just swap TCU?

well i didnt break a shaft in my 44.

the u joint caps just cracked and spit needle bearings everywhere. both shafts are absolutely fine

moser and nitro axles and spicer u joints> dana44 ring and pinion on a stock carrier.

GAY

i'm tired...butttt its friggin gorgeous outside, so I CAN'T WAIT TO WORK ON MY JEEP!!!! :D

:thumbup:

It's supposed to be gorgeous all weekend. I'm working on mine Sat/Sun all day.

is it pain to swap over a 98 auto to manual using a 99 xj, the jeep im looking at is auto but i was a 5 speed. My 99 is a 5 speed so i have all the parts. Does everything bolt up. just swap TCU?

I would think everything bolts up but I've never done it.

I'd even imagine you could swap ECUs between them to get rid of the CEL.

the u joint caps just cracked and spit needle bearings everywhere. both shafts are absolutely fine

moser and nitro axles and spicer u joints> dana44 ring and pinion on a stock carrier.

GAY

You sure the yokes didn't egg out? Granted I had stock shafts but what's what happened to mine. The caps could spin inside the yoke.

You sure the yokes didn't egg out? Granted I had stock shafts but what's what happened to mine. The caps could spin inside the yoke.

they are tight in there right now. ill see what kinda hammer lovin it takes to get them out later today

GAY

i am happy with my purchase. hopefully my ox saves me from stock carrier doom. what gears did you have in that jam?

Anyone who gives you shit over that being more than 3 lines GETS NO FREE BEER FROM MY COOLER NEXT TIME :moon:

You sir are allowed to make posts over 3 lines.

You are not exempt from the 3-line rule...

It would appear you are wrong. :D

one of the best albums ever recorded, ever. ever.

and finally.

That's another one that fell out of my usual music collection. Hadn't thought about it in a while until I found that Thrice album. Maybe that'll be my grooveshark jam for today.

I love the whole concept of it, just setting up a studio in the living room of the house you're staying at, and recording an album whenever you're inspired and it's convenient.

Don't get the impression that I'm joining the modern world of recording technology - I have a roland VS-880, and I just bought a VS-1880. Same damn thing except twice as many tracks and a 24-bit A/D converter. heh. :laugh:

It would appear you are wrong. :D

The 3-line rule can be vetoed. It is not law! And completely revokable by honorable chapter presidents.
:moon:

Last edited by a moderator:

The 3-line rule cannot be vetoed. It is law!
:moon:

By the power vested in me I now revoke said law. The 3-line rule has now been removed.

Have fun boys.
:D

Last edited:

fixed it.

By the power invested in me I now revoke said law. The 3-line rule has now been removed.

Have fun boys.

P.S. it's vested, not invested. DUMMY!!!!!

I hate Ohio.

cmonnn get a real computer and some real, digital recording hardware

Zero desire to ever record on something where I have to use a mouse. I had that setup for about 6 months, real nice PC, Presonus Firepod interface. Hated it and sold it to a friend for what I had in it.

I need faders, knobs, rack effects, as much analog as possible. Let the guitar and the amp do the work. The only way I'd record on a computer again is if the computer part is invisible, or if someone else is doing the recording work and I can yell at them until it sounds the way I want it to.

Actually, scratch that, if I have to yell at someone who's doing recording work for me, they're already not the right person. I'm very opinionated. :laugh:

Last time I did any work in a pro studio, I wasted 2 hours with the guy while he kept dicking around with the mix. Ended up leaving with all the raw individual tracks burned to a DVD and did the mixing myself at home.

Not saying my own stuff is perfect, nor do I have the equipment to make it so - on the right equipment though, I've had some extremely decent results.

By the power invested in me I now revoke said law. The 3-line rule has now been removed.

Have fun boys.

2nded by the 2nd in command.

Wish I had a good storytime novel. I'll think about it. :)

side note: in searching for that thing about the 3-line rule, I came across this in a late night drunk post of mine from October. I'm glad I can make myself laugh at least. :laugh:

Some other chick from that same weekend. Kelli with an I. She was Miss Hawaiian Tropic of Atlantic City, and we were both up there from the same school. Her boyfriend was a douche but was one of the guys we knew from school. She ditched him, and she and I got extraordinarily hammered and fell asleep spooning on the sofa bed in the hotel room we had. Nothing happened. Except she neglected to warn me that she has a tendency to piss herself while sleeping when she gets hammered, and that's exactly what she did. I wake up unfulfilled with a lapful of piss. Nice. Later found out that the guy she was there with didn't give a crap about her and had experienced the same thing, numerous times. His loss?

Last edited:
Back