• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

THe NAC Lots-O-BFG KO2 Thread

Re: THe NAC Lots-O-Post Thread

pansy...

i wish i had a garage at all, nevermind heated... :( someday.....

mine is warmer than outside, but not by a whole lot.

I love chicks that can handle big shafts

200fbrm.jpg

so, i'm trying to decide where to mount the d-ring tabs. here is an approximate picture of my new bumper... mine is a little different, but not a whole lot. i like the idea of mounting to that plate where the tow hook is in this picture, but i have concerns of bending and binding of the dring against the bumper. but i'm leery to weld the d-ring tab right to the tubing. FWIW the tubing is 2" dia, .120 wall. whatcha guys think?

bmpr_before.jpg

i said it before and i guess it needs to be said again. duct tape.

and colin/mark's triple shear staples. :D

Alright Ross, I'll give it to you, but there are ways I could show that you were incorrect, but I have no drive to type right now.

I would say there was about 3 quarts in there, it didn't take long for the oil to come out. Not to mention the drain plug probably could have been loosened with my fingers.

After not being able to get the oil cap of Sunday, and trying for a little, I decided I was just going to pour the oil down the dipstick tube. My dad comes out tonight, and just gives it a twist, and off comes the oil cap. BS is what that is.

Here is what I found.
I know its not bad, but I have no clue how the heck it got like this. Looks like a little dent from an impact or something.
Tire rubbage.
DSC_2774.jpg

DSC_2779.jpg

This was great too.
DSC_2783.jpg

That would be the swaybar mount and tire, if you couldn't tell.

jeez, you really wheeled the crap outta that thing huh?? :D ;)

good luck with getting that stuff taken care of, I hope it's reasonably easy/cheap for ya

i feel bad for mark in all the little headaches he's had with his jeeps lately. it must be frustrating.

just something i saw...
n33014423_36281849_4514.jpg

sweet, so i might be getting some free 1" plate from the scrap pile at work to make d-ring tabs out of. i love hookups.

Last edited:

So, I experienced my first case of death wobble on the highway at about 65mph.

Is it weird that I experienced death wobble in a stock jeep, and not in the jeep that I built the entire front end for, and doesn't even have a tight trackbar joint?

wow!!! FIRST experience? lucky you!! lol its funny how people say sometimes, "i don't know if mine's ever had death wobble, i mean it shakes a bit..." and someone else in the group always says "you apparently have not had death wobble....when you do, you'll know definitively." :)

wow!!! FIRST experience? lucky you!! lol its funny how people say sometimes, "i don't know if mine's ever had death wobble, i mean it shakes a bit..." and someone else in the group always says "you apparently have not had death wobble....when you do, you'll know definitively." :)

x2 I had it once. In the middle lane of a highway at 60 mph.

My dad nearly shat his pants.

i know how i'm mounting the D-ring tab. i'm gonna get some 2" ID tube, cut it, weld the tab to that from the front and back, and then weld the tube section to the tube. my buddy that used to work at valley welding gave me that idea.

x3 ...middle lane of the pike @ 65mph in a 2" lifted xj, nearly ripped the wheel outta my hands. It ended up just being a totally empty stock steering stabilizer.

Make sure the tube you put it to is connected on both sides, you dont want it bending.

good point. in this picture, i was planning on putting it. just outside where the 4 corners join... think that'll be ok?

bmpr_before.jpg

anthony, id make a d-ring mount 2"x8" out of some 3/4" or 1" thick stock. run it parallel with the main mountin plate straight out from where the hook is now. cut a slot through the tube right below the tow hook on the front and back side for the d-ring mount to pase through. this allows the mount the to be welded all the way around on both sides of the tube and all around the rear of the mount to the main plate

If your bumper is similiar to the one in the pic you could make something for the side plate but with those tubes the way they are make sure they dont get in the way of attaching and pulling. You could try on the front tube by the connecting points but I would weld a flat plate across the top connecting the front tube and the back one, which could be used for winch later.

Back