• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

THe NAC Lots-O-BFG KO2 Thread

Re: THe NAC Lots-O-Post Thread

Have to add some red in there to match the harnesses and the front drive flanges. :)

It'll be a combination of Red/Grey/Dark Grey colors.
They are probably more coin that I should really spend, but her safety and mine is just going to increase ten fold with the right setup. That alone is worth it.

dude, all of this forum kissing your doing.... and now your discussing colors....

:spin3::spin3::spin3:

purely truly excellent, hm? sounds like he's got ya sold on them!! nice looking stuff they've got there. whats the pricing like on them?
He really knows his stuff. I was up in the air about which model, he was able to answer everything and then some. Even went out and took some pictures of his own seats for reference. The pricing is very fair.
btw... i'm playing with the 3 link calculator at work now :p ...any idea on the numbers for clayton's lower arms? obviously not anywhere near my jeep, and i didn't know if you either possibly had some saved, or knew where i could find them...?
No idea on Clayton's stuff, sorry. Best bet is to crawl under with a tape measure.
dude, all of this forum kissing your doing.... and now your discussing colors....

:spin3::spin3::spin3:
Haha... I guess it shows you've never met me in person otherwise you wouldn't have never even thought that. :D
Oh, and I'm discussions colors for seats, not bathroom wall and drape colors. ;)

No idea on Clayton's stuff, sorry. Best bet is to crawl under with a tape measure.

yeah, that was the plan. just figured since i'm at work currently, i'd screw around with it a bit and see what i could see. as far as the number's i'm ending up with, for example the anti-squat and roll axis angle...what are the desirable/acceptable ranges of results for those things? i'm new to this whole suspension geometry design bull...excuse the ignorance :sunshine:

thanks.

Ya, discussing colors for racing seats for a Jeep like yours is perfectly fine.

yeah, that was the plan. just figured since i'm at work currently, i'd screw around with it a bit and see what i could see. as far as the number's i'm ending up with, for example the anti-squat and roll axis angle...what are the desirable/acceptable ranges of results for those things? i'm new to this whole suspension geometry design bull...excuse the ignorance :sunshine:

thanks.
Got to learn somewhere right? Do some searching on the PBB, there is a TON of information with a second TON waiting to be found.
For a front suspension there is a lot less to worry about such as the roll axis angle and the anti-squat.
Many others have said to shot for about 70-80% anti-squat for a rig like ours. It directly related to what happens with the suspension when you brake and accelerate.
For roll axis, it is a lot less important than it is for the rear. For the rear you want it as close to zero as possible, in the front you can deal with a couple of degrees as you have a steering wheel to correct it.

Just remember they are just numbers on a calculator. Nothing really compares to real world experience and trying it out. I got the numbers pretty much nailed on mine, but I'm building in adaptability in case the real world doesn't like them.

Ya, discussing colors for racing seats for a Jeep like yours is perfectly fine.
Suspension seats are different from racing seats. :D
But you are correct, perfectly fine to discuss it.

Ya, I almost put suspension seats, but I wasn't sure if you were going with suspension seats. So I just generalized it. You knew what I was talking about.

I want some of those seats...they look aweeesomeeee.

Uh-oh, it sounds like Rob is starting to part out the green Jeep.... your right, that bumper just needs reinforcements and a little bit of gusseting, and it should be stout and fairly light, as winch bumpers go. I would add a set of the frame reinforcement brackets, and more structure to the winch mounts by tying them together, then tying the entire winch mount back to the bumper frame mounts.

I looked that bumper over pretty good when I got it for last years raffle at NAC-Fest....:clap:

So Rob.... when are you going to take all of the lift stuff off the junk XJ and swap it onto the running XJ????:D:D

the green jeep aint gettin parted out, ive actually been pondering getting rid of that bumper for a while, ive been talkin to nhrocker about building a hidden winch bumper like what lobster gots

The warrier ones have the little bracket that attach to the side member, so that would help with a side pull.

I was going through my Paypal today, as I haven't used it in a number of months, and realized, I am 99% sure my winch is getting sent to an address I don't live at anymore.

The warrier ones have the little bracket that attach to the side member, so that would help with a side pull.
But for $25 more?
I was going through my Paypal today, as I haven't used it in a number of months, and realized, I am 99% sure my winch is getting sent to an address I don't live at anymore.
Uh oh, do you know who lives there now?

EDIT: Chat. Now.

yeah that's one of the things i was thinking. i was considering getting just those at a later date if i went with the JCR (or making them)

Begster said:
:doh:

Are you talking about for your "new" bumper? Why not make a set out of 1/4" plate for less than half the cost of the JCRs?
i considered it... but it's so much easier to just get these. they're 15% off right now too. and they come with hardware. i do have a PDF of the locations and respective diameters i would need... and i do have a full machine shop available to myself... we'll see

But for $25 more?
No, I wouldn't get those.

RCman said:
Uh oh, do you know who lives there now?

Its an apartment building that is not owned by my school, but it does have some leased apartments in there that they assign out for overflow. I've failed to file a change of address with the post office because I really didn't get any subscriptions or have mail sent to me, so I just never got around to it.

I finally did the change of address today, as well as put an email into the ebay store that I bought the winch from.

Its an apartment building that is not owned by my school, but it does have some leased apartments in there that they assign out for overflow. I've failed to file a change of address with the post office because I really didn't get any subscriptions or have mail sent to me, so I just never got around to it.

I finally did the change of address today, as well as put an email into the ebay store that I bought the winch from.
I hope it all works out!

duct tape.

Back