• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

THe NAC Lots-O-BFG KO2 Thread

Re: THe NAC Lots-O-Post Thread

in a more tech related topic... i know fixed lowers and adjustable uppers are the preferred norm for short arm suspension. i happen to have a set of adj UCA and LCAs... how does me setting the length, then welding the threads of the joint in place sound? is it worth it? should i just leave them adjustable?
I'd leave them adjustable.
The only reason in my mind to run fixed lower short arms was not to damage the threads when the lowers hit something.

I have adjustable uppers and lowers. Before the 44, they were threaded out, now my lowers are threaded all the way in at this point.

Reminds me, I do have a pair of RE lowers that need the joints rebuild, then I should clean them up and sell them.

The only reason in my mind to run fixed lower short arms was not to damage the threads when the lowers hit something.
that's also what i was thinking. ok, so if i'm gonna leave them adjustable, how tight should the jam nuts be? super-hella tight?

that's also what i was leaning towards... welding was a thought though. ok, so if i'm gonna leave them adjustable, how tight should the jam nuts be? super-hella tight?

...now that i have a welder everything becomes so much more simple.

so, yesterday and today was real productive. managed to get pretty much the whole place insulated and built some new stairs. used to have a ladder which sucked

*also note the brand new craftsman box thats stainless steel, ball bearing drawers, got their grip latch thingys, fully lockable. got it for $130 at sears on "clearence"

zkms0i.jpg

in a more tech related topic... i know fixed lowers and adjustable uppers are the preferred norm for short arm suspension. i happen to have a set of adj UCA and LCAs... how does me setting the length, then welding the threads of the joint in place sound? is it worth it? should i just leave them adjustable?

leave em', no point in killing the resale value if you decide to part with them.

leave em', no point in killing the resale value if you decide to part with them.
good point.

ross, sweet tool chest and even better price.

my dads been sayin how now he has a toolbox sweeter then mine. although i cant argue wiht the fact we got it for DIRT CHEAP (its $850 new otherwise), ill take my sublime green snapon box anyday

that's also what i was thinking. ok, so if i'm gonna leave them adjustable, how tight should the jam nuts be? super-hella tight?
that's also what i was leaning towards... welding was a thought though. ok, so if i'm gonna leave them adjustable, how tight should the jam nuts be? super-hella tight?
...now that i have a welder everything becomes so much more simple.
I see how you have 2000 posts now... quote me twice. :D

No idea on any torque numbers, but tight enough were they don't come loose, but not too tight as they strip. Jam 'em down with a decent size wrench and you'll be all set. Clear? :eye:
so, yesterday and today was real productive. managed to get pretty much the whole place insulated and built some new stairs. used to have a ladder which sucked

*also note the brand new craftsman box thats stainless steel, ball bearing drawers, got their grip latch thingys, fully lockable. got it for $130 at sears on "clearence"
[Pic Removed]
ross, sweet tool chest and even better price.
Sweet indeed. Do they have any more? I could always use a second (ok, third) one. Pick one up for me and I'll make it worth your while. Seriously.

oops, i didn't even realize i did that.

bill, if i find anymore ill let u know. it was sittin in the clearence area with no price on it and a couple small scratchs on the back of it. there was a clearence tag with $129.99 written on it on the ground next to it. ask a saleman if i could get the box for that price and he said sure. they didnt think it had the casters or keys with it either, found them in a drawer afterwards

ball bearing drawers or nothin. makes all the difference in the world

I can't complain, my old man made a living out of this tool box for many years. You can certainly see it has been used by a full time mechanic. I think it's time to retire it.

Rubicon wheels are the absolute best things ever on a comanche. top pic is my ideal street MJ, lowered a couple of inches and a turbo. bottom pic is jsut plain big pimpin, custom chromed rubi rims:loveu::loveu:

349bh5k.jpg

2znsd5l.jpg

WOW to both!! sweet jeeps, i love MJs :D

i could do without the stupid lights on the roof of the white one, but otherwise thats awesome.

i would want one with cool factory graphics myself

so picky...

Back