• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

THe NAC Lots-O-BFG KO2 Thread

Re: THe NAC Lots-O-Post Thread

i don't blame you at all. bill, as soon as yours is done let me know and i'm game for a shake down run for you at the drop of a hat.

i'm only going to go if i have $. i might not know till last minute, and if that's the case, i'm going to need to bum space in someone's campsite. is there a limit on number of tents per site?

i don't blame you at all. bill, as soon as yours is done let me know and i'm game for a shake down run for you at the drop of a hat.

Sweet. I'll take you up on that! Yet, the hat at the moment is hovering somewhere in the thermosphere. :D

i'm only going to go if i have $. i might not know till last minute, and if that's the case, i'm going to need to bum space in someone's campsite. is there a limit on number of tents per site?
Not sure how the camping is working out yet. Either way you are more than welcome to park your tent next to Angel and mine's.

Sweet. I'll take you up on that! Yet, the hat at the moment is hovering somewhere in the thermosphere. :D

is there any work that you need to do that you could get help on? i know a lot of the design work is a pain with too many sets of hands, but if you know you have something up and coming that's better done with 2 people, let me know... i'll see what i can do. i have a lot more free time this semester.

hey, i broke 2k posts at some point today...

is there any work that you need to do that you could get help on? i know a lot of the design work is a pain with too many sets of hands, but if you know you have something up and coming that's better done with 2 people, let me know... i'll see what i can do. i have a lot more free time this semester.
Honestly none that I can think of for the moment. Most everything I've been doing myself. The lifting and the moving of things is when the help is nice and if my father or Angel is not around then I always have the dollies. Suspension, steering, and the roof are my top priorities right now after that moves in getting it moveable. I'm sure when the tube bending starts it'll be nice to have an extra set of hands. I'll let you know, thanks!

yeah i noticed that. you were at 2001 when you posted about your rusty rockers :)

same goes for you from me bill, even though i've got a bunch to do on my jeep. lmk when you have things going on, i'd love to stop in and help out. and anthony, if i decide well enough in advance about nacfest and you decide last minute, don't worry about camping, we'll have space for you and your jeepy :D

yeah i noticed that. you were at 2001 when you posted about your rusty rockers :)

same goes for you from me bill, even though i've got a bunch to do on my jeep. lmk when you have things going on, i'd love to stop in and help out.
Sounds good! Thanks!
and anthony, if i decide well enough in advance about nacfest and you decide last minute, don't worry about camping, we'll have space for you and your jeepy :D
I called him first! I'll fight you for him! :D

Does that sound weird to anyone else?

definitely sounds weird to me. i'm not fightin for him, he's all your's.... queer.

:D

Well, I just bought an M8000 off ebay. The auction was ending in 10 minutes, so I figured what the hell.

The parents are going to love this one when I tell him.

Well, I just bought an M8000 off ebay. The auction was ending in 10 minutes, so I figured what the hell.

I saw that one too.
I've been debating that the last 15min as well, but I really need many other things first.

If you want you can store it ON my XJ. :D

congradulations on your purchase. i think it's a good idea. there's nothing like guaranteed self recovery...

nice job mark!! now you just need a transmission swap and i'll be totally in love with your jeep ;) good to have though, a winch makes all the difference...you'll be glad ya spent the $

nice job mark!! now you just need a transmission swap and i'll be totally in love with your jeep ;) good to have though, a winch makes all the difference...you'll be glad ya spent the $

x2, swap that female dog out.

we should start swearing by using the actual meaning of the word... i like on UJ how the f word becomes fornicate

awesome idea.

Ha, thanks, but as much as I would like a manual, an auto is a little easier.

I wanted a winch that I wouldn't have to worry about if it would work or not. I've thankfully never gotten stranded the times I've gone wheeling alone. (well, there was one time when I went once we got to my friend's place in VT. everyone piled in my Jeep, we left at 12 at night to run the trails around his house, and it ended up being too muddy, I couldn't get back up a hill. I tried bombing up it, but it ended up sliding into a fallen tree, bending my rim, and hitting my head on the roof. We ended up having to strap to a tree, and having eveyone push sideways on the strap while I drove. I ended up with a bent rim, a soar neck, and we didn't make it out of the woods until 3am.

This was when I was on 32 AT's, and open/open. A winch would have been delightful that night
Haha...get to it!

T-4 months and counting to NACfest...

:D

Damn, I guess I need to get started on my rear bumper then.

Last edited:

in a more tech related topic... i know fixed lowers and adjustable uppers are the preferred norm for short arm suspension. i happen to have a set of adj UCA and LCAs... how does me setting the length, then welding the threads of the joint in place sound? is it worth it? should i just leave them adjustable?

i'd say leave them adjustable. why weld em?

Back