• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

THe NAC Lots-O-BFG KO2 Thread

Re: THe NAC Lots-O-Post Thread

Foxwar71 this is a pic of my XJ before stripdown. It had those leafs, 1.5" shackle and 2" blocks for 8"s of lift and 35's. Plus your within my work zone so I can deliver these no charge. You know you wanna plus I'm tryin to see how many diff. people with XJs can have a part from my loss.
197516580_655911124_0.jpg

I dont know if parts grow in my yard but as fast as I can get rid of stuff, new stuff comes back.

i don't see why we wouldn't be able to get that done at my house too, kyle. i hope people are bringing warm clothes though, because my dad's vette is in the other bay and that's not going outside.

bob- sweet. i got an email from the post i made on CL, but i'll wait till you come to respond. there's a good chance they'll rub your leafs though... they did mine, but not travis's

bump, i have 2 of your old axles... :doh: eric is gonna have your control arms... you should open a parts store.

oh, and i fixed the gears, they're staying as they are. right at .012" backlash... a little loose, but i'm not going to chance moving the pinion and the pattern is good... they're probably also worn a little funny too. gee i wonder how that happened. (bill, thanks again.)

as soon as i finish grabbing a bite to eat i'm gonna go back out and pull the rear axle. the drums are already off, one of the zj backing plates fits, but i haven't touched the other yet. and i still need to rebuild the e-brake on the zj...

Last edited:

... my dad's vette...
That thing is SO nice! :worship:
oh, and i fixed the gears, they're staying as they are. right at .012" backlash... a little loose, but i'm not going to chance moving the pinion and the pattern is good... they're probably also worn a little funny too. gee i wonder how that happened. (bill, thanks again.)
I think you'll be fine. Like you mentioned the spec on and 8.25 is between six and twelve thou, you are right at the limit. While I'd like to see a thou or two less, even the slightest tightening up of that backlash caused the pattern to run out toward the toe on the coast side. I think a pattern with the pinion not running off the toe of the gear is much more important.
Like I said, I did almost nothing, just support.
as soon as i finish grabbing a bite to eat i'm gonna go back out and pull the rear axle. the drums are already off, one of the zj backing plates fits, but i haven't touched the other yet. and i still need to rebuild the e-brake on the zj...
Good luck with all that tomorrow.

Last edited:

bump, i have 2 of your old axles... :doh: eric is gonna have your control arms... you should open a parts store.

What other axle? I actually had a couple of business cards my gf made for me that said Bump's XJ Recycling on it but it was only like 10, but it definitely is a part time job. I've "recycled" almost 40 xjs in the last 2 yrs and that doesnt include the ones that were bought/sold/traded whole.

is it good when a ZJ passes inspection then a week later the tailpipe falls off, half of the rear trackbar bolts is missing and a gas tank strap is missing

very good indeed. why were you even wondering? :farmer::thumbup:

bump, i have the d30 with the trutrac in addition to the 8.25... the 30 was yours once too, right?

so, shock mounts are relocated, locker and shafts have to be put back in, brakes have to be put on and bled, and ebrake cables hooked up, and ubolts tightened and a shock mount hole redrilled and tapped. aand hopefully... hopefully i'll be driving back to umass tomorrow. the zj brakes have new everything (rotors, pads, ebraake parts and shoes) calipers are the same thoguh. oh well. let's hope they're not seized :crosses fingers:

enough for tonight... going to bed.

hehe shock mounts

GetAttachment.aspx

btw, thanaks to colin, kyle, travis, and justin for stopping by. kyle has a long side shaft with a good ujoint now too.

no problem, thanks for free buffalo chicken pizza :)

god knows i didn't work for it :D

very good indeed. why were you even wondering? :farmer::thumbup:

its my sisters friends jeep, i was replacing the exhaust on it when i noticed the trackbar bolt and gas tank strap, tried gettin whats left of the bolt out but it aint hapening

haha very nice. hey, i'm gonna be messing around with the jeep tomorrow, did you still want to do that trade for the coils?

...if so, i'll see if i can't get them pulled out. still no rush for me on meeting up, just wondering

haha very nice. hey, i'm gonna be messing around with the jeep tomorrow, did you still want to do that trade for the coils?

yeah im definetly interested, no rush here either

so with the new ujoint and hub bearing in my jeep is waaaaay smoother! whoot

the jeep also just got its yearly bath. who'd have thought my bumper was black again, instead of hte salty white?

yeah, you shouldn't have done that before working on the jeep...:wstupid:

haha jusst kidding.

and Rob...sounds good :) I'll try and get them pulled out tomorrow

"yes" say's rob

Back