• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

THe NAC Lots-O-BFG KO2 Thread

Re: THe NAC Lots-O-Post Thread

do i have more posts than travis yet? i hope so.

stfu. just because i work all night doesn't mean i don't still work weekends. just because of this comment i'm going to demolish you all saturday, and then all sunday as well. :spin1:

btw. here's post #2000, bitch! over a hundred posts for ya to go before you pass me. gonna be a lot more at the end of the weekend, too :wave:

btw. here's post #2000, bitch! over a hundred posts for ya to go before you pass me. gonna be a lot more at the end of the weekend, too :wave:
damnit.

my driver's side upper shock mount finally let go. it was held in with one of the factory bolts and a self tapper through the sheet metal. i got to work and i was looked at it and i was thinking to myself... hmm that shouldn't be at that steep of an angle...

my driver's side upper shock mount finally let go. it was held in with one of the factory bolts and a self tapper through the sheet metal. i got to work and i was looked at it and i was thinking to myself... hmm that shouldn't be at that steep of an angle...

So.... in other words time to cut the whole mess out and start over with coilovers or airshocks? :D

So.... in other words time to cut the whole mess out and start over with coilovers or airshocks? :D
haha, not hardly. time to be lazy and drive around with 1 rear shock for a few weeks till i get a chance to work on it. i had been putting off fixing my upper shock mounts for a while now... i might cut the floor and weld in a patch, or i might cut the side of the box and hit the nuts with a punch... not sure yet.

oh there's plenty of room to get there, but you have to cut a hole in the side of the mount to get at it...

Hey Anthony almost snapped my neck checkin out an xj today that was your twin with the only diff. was your front bumper. Oh and be careful waitin a couple weeks to repair becuz sometimes it ends up being months.

that's crazy. even had my rust too? haha. yeah i know about waiting a few weeks... the self tapper that snapped was the quick fix that was supposed to get fixed over the summer. it seemed to be holding pretty well :dunno:

the plan is to relocate my rear shock mounts higher on the axle tube, redo the upper mounts, and run OEM height shocks. at the same time i'll probably do the zj conversion i have that was once yours (still in your old milk crate), and clearance the back of my shackle box. it's only time, right? sucks that i have a ton of time up at school but no garage.

Yah, on my '87 i broke like 3 of those bolts and fit a wrench in there after drilling the holes.

i was going to pierce the side of the box with a punch and then make the hole bigger with chisel punches. why use a power tool when you can just use a BFH?

rear shocks are soo overrated nowadays. i went almost 3 months without them on my old stocker. i didnt notice/care one bit

Back